“Highest praise for exceptional hotel and wonderful staff”

Saem Siemreap Hotel
Ranked #52 of 376 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I just returned from 4 nights at the Saem Siemreap Hotel and cannot say enough good things about the whole experience. After making my reservation through Booking.com I was contacted via email by the hotel so they could make arrangements for picking me up when I arrived by bus. From there it was nothing but excellent customer service.

A cold bottle of water and wet towel during the short ride to the hotel. Being told of the amenities while being escorted to my room and there receiving a welcome drink. Returning to my room after a short outing to find a fresh fruit plate. All these small jesters really made me feel like I was in a 5-star hotel.

I used one of the tuk tuk drivers at the hotel for the 3 days that I visited the temples of Angkor Wat. I was again impressed with the small details. The driver was excellent and each time I finished with a temple, he was waiting for me with a cold bottle of water and cold towel.

The breakfast buffet was great, a lot of variety including a made to order crepe station, made to order eggs and a noodle station. This in addition to other hot and cold items, fresh fruit, breads and fresh juice options. Plenty to choose from. Room service for dinner one night and that was excellent as well.

My room looked just like what I saw on the web site. Very clean and everything from the aircon, TV, plumbing to the WI-FI worked without any problems. I used the pool every night. The work out equipment looked clean and well maintained, but since I was on vacation, decided the temple walking was exercise enough.

As other people have mentioned, the hotel was not right downtown but on the way to Angkor Wat. Easy enough to get to town by tuk tuk. The location was one of the reasons I choose this hotel. I was traveling by myself and as a single female felt totally safe here and with the tuk tuk driver they arranged for my use.

When I read the hotel information in the room, I have to say I was impressed with the management's recommendation that tipping not be done with each individual employee. They provide a tipping box in the reception area and prefer that you leave tips there to be shared among all the employees. Just another small thing that made for a really relaxing stay.

Finally, I cannot say enough about the staff. They always greeted me with a smile and made me feel very welcome. You could also tell they took their jobs seriously. The perfect mix of friendliness and professionalism.

I have done quite a bit of traveling and this is by far one of the best places I have ever stayed. When I have a chance to return to Siem Reap, this will definitely be the hotel I return to.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Deanne H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,692)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The lovely staff of the Saem Siemreap Hotel offer genuine 5-star-plus service with a smile that I have hardly ever experienced before in a similar way. The hotel is only about a year old and features lovely, spacious and clean contemporary rooms with a traditional note that are a pleasure to stay in. The location is far enough from the busy town center to be serene and quiet at night, but still only a short tuk-tuk ride away and actually fairly close to the Angkor Wat park entrance. Breakfasts are good, but not outstanding. If you have a chance, try out the hotel spa - therapist Vanny gives excellent massages. All in all, highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Me and my 4 friends stayed at this hotel for about 4 days in may 2014. Not many people lived at this hotel which was perfect because we had the big pool and the gym for ourselves. The staff was very friendly and helped us in organising different trips with our own tour guides.
The rooms were very clean and fresh.
The hotel restaurant was very nice, and the breakfast was one of the best I have enjoyed during my whole trip through Cambodia and Vietnam.
The Spa at this hotel was excellent. The manager even arranged that the Spa would open an hour earlier just for us so we wouldn't miss out on our flight later that day. The massage was very nice and all the staff was very professional and kind, especially Kheom Vanny who was very sweet.
Overall, this hotel is worth visiting and the service was great.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Bengt O
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Beautiful rooms, excellent food, helpful staff, and a $2 Tuk Tuk ride away from the night market.
The concierge, Sok Sopheap, arranged our trip to the temples of Angkor for us. The temples are minutes away from the hotel and our guide was absolutely AMAZING! He knew where to go to avoid the crowds and was well-versed in the fascinating history of each location we visited. He spoke and understood English perfectly, so there was no problem with communication.
The hotel staff was accommodating and solicitous- but allowed us our privacy.
If I return to Siem Reap- I would not stay anywhere else. This hotel was AWESOME!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank GopChapman
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Around 5 min by tuk-tuk (USD2) to Pub Street. Good customer service. Air-cond in the room was cold enough (this is important since the temperature outside was 40 degree celcius). There is a restaurant nearby (Neary Restaurant) the hotel that served khmer food which is worth trying.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank JaneMoh
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights in May and were hugely impressed by this place. We stayed at a number of hotels of differing quality during our trip and this one was our favourite. The room was huge and extremely comfortable, the pool area clean and relaxing, the breakfast was fantastic and most importantly the staff and service were impeccable. Of particular note was the service we received when looking to book a trip to see the temple complexes. Unlike most hotels who are looking solely to make as much money for tours as possible, we were taken through all of the options of varying expense and the member of staff that we spoke to even recommended based on our requirements that we booked a cheaper tour. This was refreshing to see as not many hotels are as willing to focus on customer experience over revenue.

I would highly recommend anyone travelling to Siem Reap to stay here. The only point to consider is that the location is slightly outside the centre, meaning a $1-2 tuk tuk ride when you want to get into town. For us this wasn't an issue at all however and it was actually more enjoyable being located in a quieter area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jw141187
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed everything from this hotel, wasn't expecting much really but everything was clean, beds were comfortable, included breakfast and above all service was superb! That's something that gets me all the time, I love how Cambodians are always smiling and trying to give you the best service. We even had a tuk tuk boy giving us a ride for free. Loved Cambodia! I want to go back already

• Stayed: March 2014