Book In Advance
Tours from Angkor Pura tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Angkor Pura
from US$43.75
More Info
All reviews khmer rouge tour guide guide fees sam's knowledge recommended by friends knowledgeable and friendly guide contacted sam recent history his knowledge trip to siem reap two days deep knowledge cambodian history amazing tour his life cold water visited cambodia
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Highlights:
+ Sam is very experienced, kind and knowledgable
+ He has the inside scoop on all the best temples in Siem Reap - he took us to the main attractions AND hidden gems with less tourists
+ Provides full service: van with air conditioning, cold waters, and even dropped us off at the airport

Bottom line is you won't be disappointed with Sam. His tour of Siem Reap temples was my personal highlight of 2 week SE Asia trip.

Angkorwat2014, Owner at Angkor Pura, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear 212Jay,

Thank you very much for writing your feedback from your tours with me in Siem Reap. I'm so happy to hear you liked my services and hope more people will find me through your review.

Best wihes,

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Sam was fantastic! He took us to four very distinct temples at different times that allowed us to avoid the crowds. From the hotel pickup to great lunch and cold waters, the service was excellent. Best of all, Sam was personable, knowledgeable and fun to hang out with. He’s lived an incredible life and shared powerful personal experiences.

Angkorwat2014, Owner at Angkor Pura, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Dear Colton F,

Thank you very much for writing about what you gained from touring with Angkor Pura. You make me to continue what I'd love to do, then hopefully more people will come to use my tour services

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Sam is not only very knowledgeable, he also made sure that my husband and myself enjoyed the tour of the temples as much as our 7 year old daughter. Communication prior to the trip and afterwards was excellent.
I can highly recommend Sam's services.

Dear Swarnh,

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Sam was an unbelievably professional, kind, and knowledgeable tour guide. We were a group of 9 and we so appreciated the custom two day tour he put together for us. Seeing the sunrise at Angkor Wat was a particular highlight. Organizing the tour via email was easy and the communication was great throughout. I loved when Sam pointed out stories in the carvings at each temple and showed us his favorite, tiny details. He has so much love for the beauty and history of Cambodia and it really shines through.

Because we asked, Sam shared his story of life under the Khmer Rogue, including the heart wrenching love story of him and his wife, who met as teenagers at a work camp. He is a true example of human resilience and everybody should meet him. Cannot recommend this tour highly enough!

Dear erintravelaround,

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Sam's tour was extraordinary. We were a group of nine friends, and Sam was incredibly accommodating and warm. He was a phenomenal guide who created a perfect two day itinerary for us-- he knew exactly when to visit each temple so they were less hot and crowded. He told us fascinating stories about each of the temples. He took us to some special lesser known temples that were some of the highlights of Angkor for us. He knows so much history and could answer any question we asked him. He was very patient as all nine of us took photos and even helped us find the best photo ops. He pointed out little gems in the temples that showed just how well he knows them-- a favorite carving, a perfect area to sit and listen to his stories.
At the end of our two days, Sam took us to watch the sunset by Angkor Wat and told us the modern history of Cambodia and his own personal experience during the Khmer Rouge. He was incredibly generous in sharing this story with us, and it put our whole experience into perspective. His work in preserving and sharing the beauty of Cambodian culture seemed even more important and I was so moved by the resilience and strength of people like Sam who have been rebuilding the country and now are sharing it with us.
Additionally, his driver was very warm and helpful! He was always prompt and friendly, and we also enjoyed talking with him.
We are so lucky to have spent two days with Sam! I cannot recommend him highly enough. If you want a personal, fascinating, and heartfelt tour of Angkor, please hire Sam.

Angkorwat2014, Owner at Angkor Pura, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Dear jrbmdtravels,

Thank you very much for using Angkor Pura tour services and for your time writing​ about what our members love doing. I hope more people will hear your words.

Best wishes,