“Average”

Ranked #338 of 983 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My partner and I were the only two here at 6.30 pm for dinner and the service of the one, clearly bored waiter, was overbearing. He may as well fed us! The food was ok but overpriced and the desserts non-edible. Miss it out for other nice restaurants in town!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Expensive prices, indifferent food, atrocious service.
I ordered a set Khmer menu ($14), and after a long wait the wrong dishes arrived...After another long wait the correct dishes arrived, but the rice was cold. I sent the rice back,and while I was waiting for the warm rice, I noticed that the raffia container holding the other dishes was inhabited by ants.... After the meal (of which I ate very little) I waited a long time for the dessert that was part of the menu. When I called a waiter, he wanted to give me the bill.... I asked for the dessert,which came immediately -- but it was the wrong dessert! When I asked for the dessert on the menu, I was told that they did not have it. All in all: a terrible experience.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The Elephants restaurant is housed in a beautifully fixed up old house (probably mansion), or at least a good job of reproducing old French architecture. Even if the food were not great, it would be a wonderful, romantic setting. The food IS very good. We were with a tour group, but still, the service was very good. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I went for brunch.. it was not as expensive as one might think by looking at the impressive colonial building which looks like a very expensive hotel. (I did have to tell the cook to cook my hash browns further for they were still raw inside).
Like I said, great place to beat the heat, get some decent coffee and enjoy their lush green terraces.

Totally worth it.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

While taking a walking tour of the Old Market on our first day as first-timers in Siem Reap, the centrally-located boutique hotel/restaurant and its attractive facade caught our attention. We do not at all regret choosing to have lunch at their al fresco dining area. The food is good. The staff is most attentive and courteous. The atmosphere is quite laid-back snd relaxing; made us stay a bit longer after eating. I would single out a dish or two that could've been prepared better. The cocktail drink I ordered lacked some spike. But the over-all dining experience deserves some space in my diary.