This is a 3* hotel and for this rank it deserves the 5 points from me due to the followings:
- Location is perfect, away from a dusty and noisy city but in the mean time quite close to the city center - just 6 minutes in a tuk-tuk - and Angkor temples. I am an eastern European geek - from Romania - and I do not complain about paying 5-6 USD for the return tuk-tuk ride because this way I can help the local community get some income and to be honest - apologize for this - if you come to Cambodia and complain for the 6$ you will give to the locals then you should really stay at home. I bet you will pay much more for fun there than in Siem Reap - including this money.
- The room I got - and I made my reservation through Booking.com where I do have a map and I knew its location - was with a comfy bed, working AC, electrical hot shower - I can give you a tip here I have learned myself from my months of SE Asia backpacking - just put the water temp close to the max and the water power at 1/2 and you will get more than you can resist in terms of hot. The time I was there the bathroom door was not closing properly but was fixed - so the owner do care about his property.
- The staff was really friendly and the fact I have spent a night in a bar with 2 of them, really made me believe it is rather their friendly way of being than a formal faked smile.
- Internet connection was fast and stable - and believe me, this is a prime directive for me due to my work.
- Restaurant was quite spacy for the hotel size and it was improving. The meals were good quality and enough for my hunger.
- The owner - Mr Patrick - is present all the time in the business and willing to help you sort any issue you might get without being pushy by persuading you to buy any tour/ticket/meal, etc. People who gave a negative review to the hotel probably have never wasted only a minute to have a friendly chat with Patrick and explain their troubles. I personally appreciate this kind of business instead of "cold" 5* resorts where everything is formal and standardized.
I have no complain and definitely I will stay there again if I will return to Siem Reap and I do recommend this property to any traveler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AVALLON is a CONCEPT After the magical temples visit, we would like our guests to have a deeper immersion into cambodian life.Therefore we organize a multitude of adventures where you will meet khmer people.You will understand why cambodia is called the kingdom of smile.Welcome to AVALLON ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Avallon Boutique & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.