“A great place and way to do Siem Reap”
Review of Panda Guesthouse

Panda Guesthouse
Ranked #105 of 520 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The two fellas who run this place have got it right! I booked while I was on the road and it happened that that they did indeed have a room for the next day. I was taking a 12 hour bus into Siem Reap and getting in sometime between 6-7 in the morning. Not only did they make sure to have someone there to pick me up that early, but the let me come to their place and drop off my stuff and have it stored securely while I was able to travel during the day. Since I got there about half-past seven, my room was not ready but being able to drop off my stuff left me free to travel about the city with the one and only, Mr. Bird.

Mr. Bird is a local tuk tuk driver who should (once tripadvisor approves his page) be the one you schedule through. He is one of the most genuine and honest drivers I have ever met in all of Southeast Asia. Ask for him by name at the guesthouse when you make your reservation or check out his facebook page and request him there, just search for birdmantuktuk or you can email him directly letting him know when and where you will be and what you want to see and he will have fair prices for you and plenty of packages to choose from.

He is knowledgeable, local, and above all else, does business right. Nothing shady here, he is a reputable guy who knows what local shops to go to for food or for services should you need help either finding a place to get a good massage or you're ipod fixed. I was traveling along through Siem Reap and he was literally my guardian on two wheels who took me where I wanted to go, shared stories and insights about himself and his culture, and always let me or showed me where to take pictures along the way.

Seriously, these two in tandem, Panda Guest House and Mr. Bird's Tuk Tuk Service, are the ONLY way I would ever want to do Siem Reap and can't recommend both of them enough to anyone who is passing through this way.

ON A SIDE NOTE! If you are only planning to stay a day or two, still use them, but SERIOUSLY consider staying longer - up to a week perhaps, as your stay will be nice with these folks on your side and there is just so many beautiful things to see and do. It will be worth it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Millemic

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

We were hesitant to book Panda guesthouse because of the lack of reviews online, but are so glad we did! They're fairly new so don't let lack on information online off put you!

The rooms were spacious, super clean and the en suite was great too. Staff are so friendly and nothing was too much to ask of them! They even spent a couple of hours with us booking our onwards accommodation and transport when all other options were full! They even went so far as to invite us to share dinner and drinks with them which was a lovely experience.

It's a bit of a walk to Pub Street, by that I mean 10minutes. No issue at all, although I can see alone it would be a bit intimidating (lack of street lights on the road leading upto the pathway to the hostel.) Tuk Tuks are plentiful though so just hop in one if you're worried!

We hired a tuk tuk driver for 2 days through the hostel who was excellent in helping us tour around the temples - ask for Pips!

I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Siem Reap and will be recommending to everyone!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nayohmyy
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Panda Guesthouse was really pleasant. Upon arrival we were told we'd made a mistake in booking and that we had arrived a day early, Panda was fully booked however the manager, an older English bloke, sorted something out for us which was very kind. It's a short walk from the city centre and it has its own tuk tuk drivers which offer reasonable prices. The price was great for what we got. The room was fresh and clean. We didn't feel untrusting towards anyone. The manager is a really nice and down to earth bloke who can help you with just about anything. It was refreshing to stay somewhere that was run by a Westerner. NOTE: general tuk tuk drivers will have no idea where it is so be sure to have a map ready to direct them. Its at the end of a laneway.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jake_ren
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed 3 nights and is a nice guesthouse. Clean and very kind staff.
Rooms are new and quiet at all.
Is located around 700 mts from Siem Reap downtown, but is walking affordable.
Happy to stay there!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CLB L
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Panda was really pleasant place to stay. Still quite new (from August 2013) nice furnished in a good location and with very nice helpful service from Patrick. They say "your home away from home" and we really felt great there. If you are thinking where to stay in Siem Reap for a good value with a great service Panda Guesthouse should be your choice No.1. ! Thanks !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank majkee
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Cannot thank Patrick and his very helpful, generous and warm staff enough!! Patrick took my friend and I under his generous wing and was incredibly thoughtful and helpful. Our tuk tuk driver, Soveta was fantastic and ensured we had a fantastic tour of the temples!! Conveniently located, within walking distance of Siem Reap!

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Kirsten G
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed at Panda Guesthouse mid november 2013, we were very impressed with the staffs will to please. There's nothing too much you can ask.
The rooms are of a great size, all come equipped with fan AND A/C but you obviously have to pay extra if you want the A/C enabled to use. We didn't - big mistake during the heat!
The location is a little 10 min walk from the "main" part of town, absolutely fine for those who aren't lazy :-)

Thanks!