Borei Angkor Resort & Spa
US$68
US$144
Hotels.com
5,585 results
All reviewshospitality desklandmark roomtuk tukbreakfast buffetbeautiful hotelpersonal assistantspecial thankspub streetlate checkprivilege flooramazing servicenoodlespool sidewould highly recommend this hoteltrip to siem reapwelcome drinktour guide
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2011

great property matched by equally great service and hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
BoreiAngkor1, General Manager at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

What a lovely comment! It is with my great pleasure to hear of your satisfaction, thank you very much for choosing Borei Angkor Resort & Spa as place of your choice on the recent trip to explore the world most beautiful temple.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back not in the far distance.

Sokvanna HANG
Borei Angkor Resort & Spa

Reviewed 4 September 2011

As part of our package, we were greeted at the airport by a Resort Driver. He was very helpful with our luggage and spoke English very well. Apart from that, he was very friendly and told us a little about Cambodia and their history. When we arrived at the resort, we were again welcomed warmly, offered and Welcome drink and a nice cold hand towel. Our first impression of the resort was very good. Clean, Impressive with there Wood interior, very welcoming. The people of course make this a 6 star. We were shown to our room(Landmark), which was on the top over looking the pool. Our room was wonderful. Clean, again welcoming, large bathroom, small sitting around, big flat screen TV(not that you come to a place like this it worry about the TV), great balcony with chairs & table. Once we orientated ourselves and only being 10 in the morning, we decided to go for a swim. The pool was large and clean & refreshing. We lazed around on the deck chairs and decided we needed to eat something. We order food from the Pool Menu and it was Fantastic. An Omlette with seafood, Papaya Salad(to die for) and a Prawn dish and of course 2 Heiniken Beers. We finished every last scrap. It was Tasty, Fresh & well presented. Breakfast was Excellent - from, toast to Tom Yum Soup, Fried Eggs, Fried noodles, cereal and the best fresh coffee. I'm not sure what people expect for $86 US a night - this resort is Great. The rooms are a great size, spotlessly cleaned everyday, lovely fresh towels and a "turn down service" each night with extra bottled water. We also had free wireless internet in our room - Fantastic. We ate at Pub Street every night. A $2(US) Tuk-tuk ride and you were in the midst of Markets, Restaurants, Vendors, Pubs, Cafes etc. Really full on and exciting. The food everywhere we ate was Excellent. and don't forget to have a FISH massage. We laughed so much we nearly feel into the water. You really MUST try this, if only once in your life. The shopping at the night market & Old market was great to buy cheap watches, craft items, silk things and other bric-a-brac. You only need US dollars in Cambodia which is readily available from all ATM's. Seeing Ankor Wat and the relics of Siem Reap was just Fantastic. We had a tour guide, organised from the Resort (Chino). He was very well informed and we had a great day together. The Resort Massage was 1 of the best we ever had, worth every dollar. On our last night, when we arrived back to our room, we found a bottle of Champagne, flowers on the bed & in the bathtub and a note from the Manager thanking us for staying with them. What a great surprise. We would like to Thank Borie Angkor for a Wonderful stay and welcoming Smiles.

Room Tip: The Landmark room are a perfect size. Ask for a top floor for the view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KarinaR21
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Like all developing countries, the minute you step out of a 4+ star hotel it's like you travelled back in time; this is more of a general thing I noticed than specific to this hotel.

We arrived quite a few hours before the scheduled check-in time but the reception staff were more than happy to accommodate us. They showed us through to the pool area where we could relax under the shady veranda with a few drinks before checking in to the room. They had changed our rooms so it would be ready earlier which I thought was very accommodating.

The room itself was beautifully arranged and decorated, and the bathroom was the same. The bed was comfy and the little balacony was great for catching some early sun. The room was overlooking the outside of the resort, so perhaps next time I'd go for one with a pool view.

The food in the hotel restaurant was very tasty and plentiful, if not expensive for Cambodian standards. Definitely head into Siem Reap for food which is more varied and traditional. Saying that, Siem Reap is a backpackers haven so there are plenty of western bars and food.

Take your mozi spray, and ask the waiters to give you a mozzi repellant burner too if you're out on the veranda at dusk - they're fierce!

The tuk-tuk drivers out front were friendly, if not a little pushy but we hired one for the full 5 days we were there for the temple visits. My tip? We saved Ankor Wat for the last day thinking it would be the highlight, it wasn't. Do it first (if at all) and then visit the ones that are still in ruins to get the proper temple experience.

I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights. The hotel is Not 5 star as advertised. Remember the rating system is not the same as in the States or Eurozone. WE took the landmark room (their equivalent to deluxe) The hotel is ok but the rooms are dated and tired, clumpy old heavy wood furniture didn't add to the gloomy feel in the rooms. The picture on the website I think have been brightened using photoshop as they are not that fresh and bright? The food was not great and never changed from night to night. Breakfast was always a bit of a let down. The best thing about this hotel is the same for everywhere we stayed in Cambodia...The People are amazing, friendly, cheerful always smiling and happy to help, even when you are outside of where you are paying for the service. I would not be this on my must send a friend to list but its ok as a no fuss stop to sleep. If I was looking to return I would upgrade as you need a comfy room to return to when spending so much time visiting the sites. WE used the spa which was nice but a bit disorganised. On a more psoitive note the Temple Complex and other sites are stunning. Do stop to talk to the kids selling the postcards. SOme people find them annoying but they cost nothing to buy and you will get a laugh from them so bright and funny.

Room Tip: Get the best standard you can afford, I saw some of the smaller rooms and they were not great
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CandDTravel
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I stayed here with my mum for 3 nights in a Twin room.

The hotel is located about 10min tuk-tuk ride away from town.
It has its own fleet of tuk-tuks, and a ride into town only cost USD$1 per pax each way.
When in town, tell the tuk-tuk driver what time to pick you up, and you can pay for the trip when you arrive back at the hotel.
We thought we might get cheaper transportation outside,but in the end, felt that the tuk-tuks provided by the hotel was still the best option. The prices were fixed and the drivers were helpful. Outside, there was a constant need to haggle over price and this created a slight headache.

The room we stayed in was clean, had daily room service, and nightly Turn-down service.
I liked the fact that they have flat screen LCD displays with lots of cable channels. I felt right at home watching Discovery, History, ESPN, and many more (more than 80 channels).
This is great for those sweltering hot or rainy days when its better to just stay indoors.
We had a room facing the town, but would advise others to get a room facing the pool instead.
Mineral water is also replenished daily.
The pool is alright, I spent a lot of time in the jacuzzi to soothe tired muscles from all the temple visiting and trekking.
One peeve I had initially, was that I could hardly get a signal from the free wifi service they were offering, but this was solved by hooking on to the wifi offered by the hotel lounge located close-by. Speed is good. Even Skype is possible.
The daily buffet breakfast was satisfying indeed. There is a good mix of continental as well as some local Khmer dishes, and they ensure a great start to the day ahead.

On one of the mornings, we decided to head out to see the Sunrise at the Angkor Wat. This meant we had to leave the hotel at 0430hrs, and miss out on Breakfast.
However, the hotel staff told us not to worry, gave us our morning call, and prepared a breakfast box for my mum and I.
We were very touched.
Do not expect a whole buffet in a box, but it had sufficient bread, cakes, croissant, and even a fruit to keep our feet moving and our stomachs happy.
Its these small touches that really impressed me.
The staff seemed willing to go the extra mile, even if its a hassle, and their duties do not require them to do so.

I highly commend the service staff at this place. They are fabulous, and really add to the whole Cambodian experience.
Special thanks to Mr Moth, Ratana, Alex, and Ritin (I think that is her name...OK.I forgot). Everyone in this hotel made us feel so welcome.
They also gave good and frank recommendation on places and sights to visit (We got bored of all the temples after a while).
Tours were arranged swiftly and everything ran on time. I will definitely be back again, and will recommend this place to all my friends.

Room Tip: Go during the off-peak season, and write to the hotel directly. Ask for a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family