“amazing service, great room”

Ranked #40 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
Rego Park, New York
“amazing service, great room”
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I went here back in September 2011 and this place is amazing. They actually changed our rooms because when we booked it online it stated there was a pool view and corrected the issue. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was really delicious and had a lot of variety from American style bacon, fresh fruits, Congee breakfast buffet, morning noodles or even crepes. The crepes weren't really that great though since they make it in advance and therefore don't taste as fresh, but it was still a good delicious variety. They also helped us make a reservation at a restaurant.

I have to say i really care about a bathroom when I stay at a hotel and this bathroom was amazing. Both shower and bath. The bath is an old-fashinoned 4-footed bathtub. Lots of space and beautiful. The bed was pretty comfy as well. The hotel has the tallest bar on their rooftop which does allow you to see out into the city, but remember it is like 54 stories high.

Food isn't too bad. The room service helped out a lot on days exhausted from walking around. In all, I really love the place and recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
BoreiAngkor1, General Manager at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 December 2011
I shall take the greatest pleasure in passing on your kind words to our team, especially to the food and beverage staff.

It is gratifying that Borei Angkor Resort & Spa played some part in your enjoyment in Siem Reap, looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back home

Sokvanna HANG
Borei Angkor Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (863)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We really liked the room, especially the somewhat quirky addition of a bath and shower on the balcony looking out over the pool.
Great snooker table in the roof bar and the staff were very good.
Only minor criticism would be the cost of food and drink in the hotel in comparison to surrounding quality restaurants and bars.
The trip with guide to the temples was competitively priced though.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GInnes287
I shall take the greatest pleasure in passing on your kind words to our team, I have also passed on the comment you have made to our food & beverage department for rectification

Thank you for believing in us, I am looking forward to welcoming you back home very soon

Sokvanna HANG
Freeport, Illinois
Reviewed 8 November 2011

What a nice place. Loved the location and took the tuk-tuks into town for $2 and $3 each way. Breakfast bar was wonderful with an egg station. Welcome tea and warm towels when we arrived. had a cute little store inside the hotel with slightly higher prices but if you did not want to haggle made it convenient.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank ebenezer15
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 November 2011

One of the best stays we've ever had. The rooms are good, staff are very helpful and the breakfast is amazing. Its very rare that you can get everything right. We reached at 10 pm, and my 3 year old was asleep. The staff were nice enough not to make us wait for the check in procedure and take us directly to the room, and finish the check in process and send it to my room for signatures! whatever we needed was taken care off.

Room Tip: Choose poolside superior rooms.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank raivikas
Epping, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2011

We really enjoyed our stay. Very good room, pool was excellent for our grandchildren and the staff were very friendly and gave excellent service and advice. We would visit again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Very authentic, welcoming, and immaculate in every respect. Every Hotel should be upto this standard.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sam p
nyc
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I have to say the breakfast was absolutely great. It had soups, sweets, fruits, and just made my day. Being foregin, I had a tough time figuring what to spices to add to my soup and which noodles went best, so I wasn't sure which to add to my bowl, but it was fun to experiment and it was delicious no matter what I put on my plate.

Something you probably rarely read in a review is that the hotel had a great smell. They had scented jasmine or lotus in the lobby and common areas and it was just wonderful. In fact, I went to the Siem Reap market and bought some oils to bring to my own home and now when I burn them at home, I feel like I am back in Siem Reap.

The hotel room was a bit small and the beds were very hard, which I found to be a common theme throughout Southeast Asia. They really like hard beds. The room also had a refrigerator which was very nice, especially to keep a cold wet wash cloth in there for when you return from the hot outdoors.

The room was very clean and the maid service was attentive. The front desk was helpful to me when I was waiting for my luggage to arrive from the airport.

I did not swim in the pool but the lounge chairs were very comfortable looking. The gym was adequate with weights and machines and I managed to get a work out in while I stayed at this hotel, which was a nice thing.

In the evening, there is a little noise coming from the restaurant area and it goes until late at night, so if you are tired or getting up early in the morning, it might be better not to have a room on that side of the hotel.

To get to the Siem Reap market and business area, it was a short Tuk-Tuk ride which cost $1 US dollar each way. It was fun to experience the ride but some people might feel that a hotel closer to the market in Siem Reap is better. I am not sure if it is better to be closer to the market, because it might be noiser over there.

During an afteroon, I took a walk down the block from the hotel to explore a bit. It is a main road, with heavy traffic and if you know the crazy way they drive, you would know not to cross the street except at the corner. (there is no sidewalk either) But I did manage to get to a phone/internet store to make a foreign telephone call- only problem was that one of the unleashed dogs hanging out on the street decided to take a bite out of my pants leg. Good thing I was wearing long pants, or else he might have actually broken some skin of my leg. So it might be best to avoid walking down the street. Take the tuk-tuk that is ready and waiting at the end of the driveway.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends