“Great Hotel.”

Ranked #42 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
“Great Hotel.”
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Really nice, clean, large rooms. Beautiful, enormous pool and patio. Good location. Outstanding service, with literally the friendliest staff you'll find anywhere. Free wifi, free gym, and table tennis by the pool.

Didn't eat there for dinner, as the local street food is top notch, but the free breakfast is fantastic.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank bbanman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (877)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We were pleasantly surprised and even overwhelmed by the friendliness and efficiency of all the staff from the manager Roberto to the reception staff with special mention to Try to waiters. We have stayed in many Asian hotels over 10 years none to equal this

Room Tip: All meals were excellent from breakfast to the great cocktails and dinner on 4 th floor watching the...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janelle T
Hang S, General Manager at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 21 December 2011
Many thanks indeed for taking the time to write and express your satisfaction with our
Services. Though, such correspondence is always highly motivating the Resident Host Team especially Roberto. The Privilege floor is known one of the best hot spot to relax with great tailor made chef menu to offer moment of fascination.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back home very soon

With my personal regards,

Bay of Islands
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Had a great stay in July 2011 - amazing hotel, fabulous staff and very good breakfasts. Would recommend here and would definitely return. Service was of a very high standard and the rooms were just exquisite.

Room Tip: We went for the Landmark rooms - a little bigger and on the higher floors. They were lovley.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wendy H
North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Reviewed 11 December 2011

This was my first visit to Cambodia and I had only little idea what would come my way. To put the bottom line first, it was an extremely pleasant time and the overall experience at the Borei added much to it.

I had pre-ordered a complimentary pick-up at the airport and once more again, my expectations were close to zero when I flew in for a short stay of little less than 2 days. A hotel employee picked me up with a limo, dressed in traditional outfit and drove me to the hotel, good. Once we had entered the gate, the hotel building was really impressive, so was the overall scale, very well-kept and at high standards in terms of the materials. The front hall just looked classic with a big staircase to the left, a lot of polished wood, dark-red and light-green colours, like some Oldschool Grand place. All the hotel staff was dressed in traditional outfit and I enjoyed that as it added to the atmosphere. I arrived around 09:30 AM, but was still granted an early check-in without even having to ask for it, after some some 20 minutes, during which I enjoyed a welcome drink and some exotic pastry. My tension was just rising in a positive sense what would come next.

The deluxe room was just beautiful and spacious. I was just amazed. Everything looked great. It was just clean and well-kept with nice furniture, mostly some 'native' style. Fresh blossoms were decorated over the bed and over an impressive bathtub. Apart from this, my bathroom was equipped with a walk-in shower which I mostly did use. My balcony overlooked an inviting pool area. I was about to feel sorry that I came to visit Angkor Wat as I easily could have enjoyed myself in the hotel all time. Amongst other amenities, the choice of TV programs as well as the tuning of the channels was outstanding. I've really seen worse. That way, I was happy to watch the last Formula One race of the season live on TV while being literally at the far side of the world. The hotel provides complimentary wi-fi access which is handy as I had to do further bookings and stuff. At this point I have to mention I would have preferred a faster connection. 18 MBit/sec. was a bit slow.

On my first morning, I had to leave before breakfast was served as people advised me to be on-site before dawn for some impressive shots. I came back by noon when my batteries needed recharging and asked if I still could get kind of a 'late breakfast' and was served a nice snack on the pool terrace. Later, I jumped into the pool which was equipped with a big round jacuzzi and I was just enjoying it. Once more, too bad I had to leave way too soon as a second on-site session was on my schedule. In the hotel hall, a music ensemble did play traditional tunes, once more dressed in traditional costumes for the guests to enjoy. Later the evening, when I came back from downtown Siem Reap, having enjoyed nice Khmer kitchen and the hustle and bustle on the streets, I spotted some traditional dance show on a stage near the pool, with women dancing and men making music. I was a bit too dizzy to join, but still appreciated it. I wished I wasn't that exhausted from a long day on the rental bike, as the hotel bar looked inviting too, and I had to get up early once more again.

This next morning I got a tight schedule to be at the airport in time, hitting the breakfast buffet just after it was opened. The choice and quality of the different meals just looked perfect, spanning mostly from continental kitchen to various Asian treats, fresh on-demand preparings included. As an Asian travellers' group obviously was on the same schedule like me, some bowls were emptied quite fast, but the refills took their time in some cases. Given the high service standards I had experienced on other occasions at the hotel, I think there could be some space for minor improvement.

There was a misunderstanding at my departure, when a requested invoice was not ready to pick up, but apart from this I have no retentions to give my best recommendations for this hotel. Angkor Wat was simply breathtaking, Class 1 sightseeing without dispute. Cambodia for sure is a spot I am looking forward to visit again, with great and friendly people to meet, and so is the Borei. Thanks so much for a truly enjoyable time.

Furthermore I wish to thank a very charming staff team, always friendly and attentive, where my special thanks go to Mr. Jacky who somewhat became my 'personal consultant' whenever I needed advice, providing valuable information and helping me do the daily planning which I myself hadn't found the time for. And all this in fine English, which by the way applied to most of the staff members, too. This deserves special mentioning as for sure it is a tough task for Asians to learn non-asian languages.

Stefan, Germany

Room Tip: Room with pool view works fine, not too much noise there.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Christof W
Thank you very much for choosing Borei Angkor resort & Spa and many thanks indeed for taking the time to write and express your satisfaction with our Services. I conveyed your message to Resident Host Team especially Jacky of his outstanding work.

I am gratifying that Borei Angkor Resort & Spa played some part in your enjoyment during the visit to Siem Reap - Cambodia

With my personal regards,

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Imposant hôtel à l'entrée de Siem Reap, sur la route nationale 6, dans un quartier sans charme. Une fois passé le portail on trouve un hôtel offrant toutes les commodités. Belle piscine, excellent spa, chambres grandes et confortables (bien que les lits soient un peu durs), bon petit-déjeuner, à prendre soit dans le restaurant climatisé soit sur la terrasse devant la piscine. Ne vous attendez cependant pas à l'ambiance et au raffinement d'un palace; vous allez trouver un vaste caravansérail moderne comme il en existe tant d'autres. Des autocars déversent quotidiennement leur chargement de touristes. Cela peut nuire, hélas, à l'atmosphère et à la qualité des prestations.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write and express your satisfaction shared experiences you’ve enjoyed at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa.

I have shared your comment toward our team especially to Mudita Spa , food & beverage staff at Borei Café of how you were appreciated the service you have had during the recent stay.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back home soon.

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We were very happy with our stay at the hotel, the deluxe room was very spacious, more like a suite, wifi was good, breakfast was very good with lots of options, staff were very helpful, clean, nice pool area and gardens and a $1-2 tuk tuk ride takes you to the shopping/eating/drinking zone within 10 minutes. Given the facilities we would say the price was good.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for choosing Borei Angkor resort & Spa and we have well taken note of your comment. Thus, I have conveyed your message to Resident Host, housekeeping, food and beverage team of their outstanding work.

We are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon

Orange
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Stayed three nights recently and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were picked up from airport and on arrival to resort found that we had been upgraded to a Landmark room which was very spacious and luxurious.All meals were of good quality with plenty of variety. We especially enjoyed happy hour on the verandah overlooking the large pool each evening being entertained by a couple of good singers.The hotel staff was very efficient in attending to any of our needs such as organising a private tour to Angkor Wat, tuk tuk to markets and even gave us a complimentary breakfast in the beautiful upstairs restaurant overlooking the city on our last morning. I would particularly like to thank Alex who was instrumental to this and looked after us extremely well during our stay. I would certainly stay there again if we returned to Siem Reap.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple