“Incredible service and facilities for the price”

Borei Angkor Resort & Spa
Ranked #38 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed three nights in february 2012. Already we were updated for a suite, which was nice. The service provided and the facilities are incredible for the same price of a IBIS hotel in Paris suburbs. We felt like Mr King and Ms Queen.
The breakfast is fabulous as well.

1  Thank Jul J
There are newer reviews for Borei Angkor Resort & Spa

Reviewed 4 March 2012

The free airport pick up is very convenient. Check-in was done by Narin, a professionnal, efficient and welcoming receptionist, who did her best to make my stay very pleasant. As I arrived quite early, the room I had booked was not ready yet. Another room was given to me so that I could freshen up and have a rest.
It is a very beautiful hotel, colonial style. Wooden furniture, parquet floor and refined decoration create a cosy atmosphere. The (landmark) room is spacious, very clean, with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool. It was very quiet, sound proof. The room is well equipped with tea/coffee facilities, a safe, good bedding... There is no iron and ironing board in the room. The bathroom is large with separate bathtub and shower.
I was offered a welcome fruit basket and a complimentary dinner. The breakfast buffet can satisfy asian and european tastes. I particularly appreciated the mountains of fresh fruits and the pancakes-waffles-french toasts station. The waiters/waitresses are efficient and careful.
The swimming pool is large and beautiful but there are not enough deckchairs. Sauna and steam room are very pleasant for relaxation. The opening hours are convenient till late in the evening. After check-out time, I could enjoy the swimming pool and sauna for the rest of the day, I really appreciated that.
I spent 5 nights in this hotel and I really appreciated my stay. The best points about Borei are its cosy atmosphere and the welcoming, discreet and thoughtful staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Hikingirl
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We spent 4 nights at the Borei Resort in a very spacious, comfortable room. The spa was excellent and great value. The World Heritage package provided 3 days of a private driver and guide and passes to the sights around Angkor Wat as well as lunch or dinner each day. The guides were great and we were able to see all the important sites with ease. We also enjoyed happy hour every night after a full day's sightseeing. We would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Cambodia.

1  Thank Jim A
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We checked in for 3 nights to a room that we were sure was not quite the category we had paid for so we asked the Reception desk a few hours later if it was possible to change to a better one. In less than a minute Roberto, the manager, was with us apologizing and explaining what could have gone wrong.
Then he promised to change our room, offer us all that we were expecting plus some ! He kept his word and by the time we got back from dinner we were moved to the Royal suite !!! Roberto came with us, made sure everything was okay AND stayed until the wi-fi connection was working. No excuses, no trying to pass the buck, just good service. We were impressed and will certainly tell all our friends our experience.
The breakfast buffet is excellent, the location of the hotel is good and we had easy access to the city centre by tuk tuk ( $2 ).
The free airport pick up and drop off service was quick, efficient and both times we had friendly drivers willing to answer our questions along the way.

1  Thank LadyGolfer60
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed for several days in November and needed to work via the internet. They offered me a "double upgrade" as incentive to move into a suite. Long story short, the Royal Suite was AMAZING! And they set up my own personal wireless so I had excellent bandwidth for working.
Many thanks to Ratdany (Dany) and Sokhemra (Khemra) for their help with the accomodations and multiple flight changes that I needed.
Also, thanks to Rothanith for the technical support. There were some challenges to getting the internet working in the suite and the effort was appreciated.
I will definitely look at the Borie Angkor if we make it to Siem Reap again!
BTW - The resort itself is very nice but isolated. It's the staff that made it special.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank SoManyPlaces2C
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We spent 7 nights in the Borei. It speaks volumes that we were quite happy to spend most of it in the hotel- it had everything we would want in a restful holiday- great food, fantastic pool, comfortable accommodation, good location, and the lovely Khmer staff. For us, it was the staff who made this an Unforgettable experience- it is rare in today's age to find a genuine interest in guests, but the staff at the Borei have that. We could have done more in the area, or gone elsewhere in Cambodia, but we had a smashing holiday just relaxing in the Borei hotel and spa. Three examples of the staff helpfulness and kindness; 1) on our arrival, when we had lost our baggage in the transit from Bangkok, a member of staff who happened to be at the airport gave us a lift to the Borei and personally took charge of the task of locating it- without any request from ourselves; 2) the young man who took 10 minutes to make a flower for us as a present for our departure and 3) the offer from one of the young ladies to give us a lift to the airport in a hole car because she wanted to accompany us and continue to chat with us- you can't train staff to do that. We'd come back, and spend the 7 nights again.

Room Tip: Only slight criticism was the noise from the air conditioning units outside our room in the night.
3  Thank Kevin O
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I've never been disappointed with my accomodations and the service in Siem Reap on my past visits - the rooms, service, spas and breakfast buffets have all been terrific and great bargains - this was my first stay at Borei Angkor. What was outstanding for me was the cooking class - from the Executive Chef's welcoming me to the class and introducing me to the chef who would teach me, along with his several assistants, to the fabulous, elegant table set in the serene garden setting where the class was conducted - it was by far the best cooking class I've ever experienced. Everything was beautifully prepared and arranged for the class to commence...the chef worked alongside me, teaching me how to cut-up chicken for the hot-sour soup, explaining about the many spices and herbs we used, showing me how to rinse the rice 3 times before cooking...it was a true learning experience and then to sit down with a glass a beer at a white clothed table set with flowers and enjoy the delicious food we'd just prepared - sublime! I loved my spa treatments; Vuhn?, gave me my first massage on the day I arrived and after that, she was the only one I wanted - her gentle nature and skilled hands put me in a blissful zone. btw....there are so many opporunities to do good while you're there - give blood at the hospital for children, stop at the foster home near the airport (name starts with an S, means Hope, I recall), buy some school supplies at the market and visit a rural school....

Room Tip: ask to face the pool, my first night faced the other side and barking dogs kept me up, but upon my c...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo