Borei Angkor Resort & Spa
Nita by Vo Luxury Hotel(Siem Reap)
US$126
US$146
Agoda.com
US$196
US$191
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
US$299
US$185
5,662 results
All reviewshospitality desklandmark roomtuk tukbreakfast buffetbeautiful hotelpersonal assistantspecial thankspub streetlate checkprivilege flooramazing servicenoodlespool sidewould highly recommend this hoteltrip to siem reapwelcome drinktour guide
Reviewed 4 September 2012

As a traveller on a budget, I had initially limited my choices to hotels with very basic furnishings. The Villa, in particular, had good reviews, and the package that included a temple tour was very tempting. When I realized, however, that something as luxurious as Borei Angkor could be had for as little as $50++ (with buffet breakfasts and airport transfers) I knew I'd be crazy not to grab this offer! For just a little bit more, our accommodation options leveled up: from just adequate to lavish!

But that didn't end there: because the hotel couldn't fulfill my room specifications (I wanted one on a high floor, with a view of the pool), they upgraded our rooms, free of charge. They then transferred us to a (still upgraded) room with a pool view the following day.

I noticed that the hotel was undergoing a major renovation, but because the renovation area was nicely barricaded, it wasn't so obvious. The front facade of course, was noticeably different from the pictures. This renovation probably explains why I didn't get a room exactly to my specifications.

The rooms were spacious, and I think all rooms have balconies with a small table and seats. The bathrooms were impressive - they had claw-feet bathtubs and a separate shower stall. Water pressure was strong, and their amenities (like shampoo and bath gel) were in pretty stone jars. I just wish their toilet paper was of better quality - but I'm nitpicking (because there really is very little to complain about.)

Every member of the staff, with absolutely no exception, was warm, friendly and attentive.

The buffet breakfast was quite extensive - offering both standard western fare as well as Asian noodles and congee. There wasn't much variety though, from day to day.

As for entertainment - there is a Filipino husband-and-wife team that performs in the bar by the poolside. Very warm and friendly. But the area isn't air-conditioned and there were mosquitos in the area. I ordered a mojito, but wasn't too happy with it. (Try the Asian mojito at Touich restaurant, a few minutes away by tuktuk!)

It's very easy to arrange for tuktuk transportation through their transport desk. We used Mr. Som Art for the entire duration of our trip (tuktuk #4) - and were quite happy with him. By the way, for those unfamiliar with a tuktuk, it is a comfortable 4-seater cab pulled by a motorcycle in front. It is open on all sides, giving you an unimpeded view of the countryside. You also get to feel the wind on your face. Bonus: the countryside actually smells good.

The hotel has free wifi - although somewhat spotty in the rooms. Wifi though, is pretty okay downstairs, and is strongest just outside the business center.

I would gladly recommend this hotel to anyone visitng Siem Reap.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a view of the pool. Nothing exciting about a view on the other side, and if you stay on a lower floor, the trees will block your view of the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank indayech
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Borei was a true paradise. It is close to everything. The staff is exceptional in every moment of the day. From the moment you place one step onto the property you are in a new world. Whatever your heart desires, it will come true. The presentation of the food is creative. The palate experience from breakfast to dinner is truly fine dining. Relaxation is at ever turn of the head. I was please I found it and I would recommend it to everyone. After a long day of walking climbing and stretching my neck to see everything, I returned to pure comfort.

Room Tip: rooms by the pool are totally quiet
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank kathyhK9551WZ
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Borei was everything that we expected. The staff seemed to really be genuine. Hotel was very nice, pool was great, and the rooms were above average. Construction could be the only drawback but you can't do anything about that. Can't wait to go back and see the resort when it's all finished. The value you get at this resort is remarkable. The prices here are tremendous as is most of Siem Reap. 2 one hour and a half massages at the resort were $80 US with tax/tip. Take the tuk tuk anywhere. Very close to the ruins from here. 15 minute tuk tuk ride tops for $10 round trip or just hire for the day.. $2 rides to pub street. Our group of 4 found out that the tuk tuk drivers were the nicest people we crossed paths with. One after the another. The Borei was a great experience and we will be there again

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I have stayed in many luxury resorts and hotels but the Borei Angkor Resort and Spa is the best ever. It is truly a six-star hotel.

From the moment I arrived to the moment that I left, I was spoiled, pampered and given the full VIP treatment. Within hours of my arrival, staff were addressing me by name with a smile and a friendly greeting. The staff is first class, well in keeping with the surroundings, fittings and equipment.

My bedroom was a revelation - clean and spacious with luxury fittings and air conditioning that worked perfectly, a necessity in Cambodia in June. The delight was the the outside bath on the balcony - no better place to relax in, with a vodka and tonic after a tiring trek through the myriad temples.

The bar was great, the restaurant was great, and the hotel was perfect Witrhout a doubt, the best hotel in Asia.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank JohnCC169
Reviewed 30 August 2012

The property is located in a nice spot of the city, in a green and relaxed area. Perfect for any visit of the city and surrounding area. The staff's hospitality is great. Lifts are a bit slow but a part from that, all is excellent!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family