We arrived mid morning before that days check out time so our room wasn't available. Normally we would not have minded sitting at the pool waiting or leaving our luggage and going exploring. I was unwell and it was noticed by our check in staff member. We were then asked if we would like a room to stay in until our room was ready...this was a lovely gesture I thought!
We were kept informed on the progress of our room
Our room was the Borei Suite which was just beautiful. Large, bathroom with a massive bath and spa which was to die for. We had a lounge setting and a private balcony which had a little table setting
The only down side was the building in progress went all day and was right next to our balcony. I will say we did get the room with a 50% discount and when checking in we had been warned of the noise .
The hammering was fine( started around 7am) just the drilling and welding was intense however that only went for 2 days thankfully.
The staff are amazing , very friendly , remember your name and take a genuine interest in your children. They always asked where you were going to and on return did you enjoy your outing.
We used the tuk tuks which are located just outside the gate ... recommend Mr Smey #5 . He speaks English quite well ,enthusiastic and reliable.
The pool was lovely and the bar staff there great. Remembered everyday what drinks we wanted and keen to have a chat and were treated like old friends.
Breakfast was lovely. Typical Asian buffets but so many choices. Salads, cooked breakfast, omelettes and eggs made to order, cereals, fresh fruit, toast, pancakes and crepes, congees and noodles made to order.Our 9 year old thought that he had died and gone to heaven.
We didn't eat at the Borei as we ventured into Pub street most nights($2 each way by tuk tuk). There were also lots of little eating places within walking distance. We also got our laundry done by a little place on the road just outside of the hotel( $1/kg washed and ironed!)They just need at least 24 hours as all clothes are dried naturally ie by the sun
We certainly would not hesitate to stay here again as we thoroughly enjoyed our time here
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Borei Angkor Resort & Spa is the one and only most reviewed hotel in Siem Reap Cambodia given by thousands of travelers' reviews on TripAdvisor making Borei Angkor the most popular and chosen hotel to stay in Siem Reap while visiting the UNESCO world heritage site of Angkor Wat. Aptly named after 'a territory of Angkor', Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, a truly Cambodia 5 star hotel in Siem Reap is set right in the center of Siem Reap, ideally situated within 15 minutes drive either from Siem Reap International Airport or to Angkor Wat, and only 5 minutes drive to Siem Reap downtown including Pub Street, shopping malls, Angkor Night Market, local restaurants and bars, and other nearby local attractions in Siem Reap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Borei Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borei Angkor Resort And Spa
- Borei Angkor Hotel Siem Reap
- Borei Angkor Siem Reap