Borei Angkor Resort & Spa
Ranked #40 of 372 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 19 November 2012

My daughter and I enjoyed a wonderful three night stay. We were so impressed by all the staff and their kindness and concern. I only wish that we could have stayed longer. We loved the spa, the swimming pool, our room, the restaurant and did I mention our guide and driver for Angkor Wat?

Room Tip: Although the rooms are "no smoking", our first one was very smoky, much better after we mo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank NancyC32172
Write a ReviewReviews (5,388)

Reviewed 15 November 2012

We stayed two nights as part of our Cambodia extension with Friendly planet. The hotel is centrally located ( 5 minutes tuk tuk ride away from Pub street ) the reception was great, the rooms are very spacious, clean, very well appointed, free internet access in the room, safe, private balcony, coffee, minibar, etc. But noisy :( we stayed in the second floor and we could hear everything from the room above us and from the hallway. The staff was very helpful, cordial and friendly. I bought a couple of shirts for my husband at the hotel shop and I asked the lady where can I get the traditional skirts from, like the one you are wearing? and she was so nice and requested a custom made one for me in a matter of hours! The food and service at the restaurant was superb. My visit to the hotel spa was also amazing, I had a 2 1/2 hour package that included body scrub, massage and a facial for US$70.00 and they gave me a 20 % discount. Great value for money, I was received with a glass of fresh coconut water and a bowl full of aromatic flores and warm water for my feet, then I went into a private room were I had a very nice body scrub, relaxing massage and a facial..very relaxing.. I was floating after that :) The hotel was being remodeled at the time of our stay, but even with that we had a great time there. Thank you Borei Hotel

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mariu40
Reviewed 13 November 2012

As soon as we were picked up from the airport, the staff made us feel like we were welcome. Everyone we encountered had smiling faces and greetings throughout our stay. The hotel is about 15 years old but you wouldn't really know from the updated amenities. The pool and cabana area is comfortable and the breakfast spread is very fulfilling.

There is some construction going on to the front of the hotel. We were warned by the staff that it would commence around 8 and finish at 5 every day but that if it bothered us we should contact the front desk. We were out most of the days so we didn't really notice except when we stepped outside our balcony.

Overall a great experience and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Staying at Borei Angor was delightful.
The location is great (about 5 minutes by tuk tuk to the city center)
During our trip in south east Asia we never had such a friendly staff. No question was to much. Even helped us by phone while we had some problems crossing the border from Thailand to Cambodia.
The hotel is very nice, lobby, dining room, bar, lounges. Our room at the first floor wasn't that spectacular but surely good.
Breakfast is awesome, western and Asian food. Lots of choice!
One critique, during our stay there were some construction works going on, sometimes it made some noise.

I definitely should go back!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Stayed at the privilege floor on the 4th floor for 6 nights. Alex our concierge was incredible! nothing was impossible for him. He makes things happen and takes care of business. He picked us up at the airport and dropped us off as well when we left. I truly felt in love with this place, their entire staff was genuinely nice and and eager to please and serve their guests, they truly treat you like royalty. I wish I could've stayed longer. Cambodian people are so nice that I want to come back again maybe to live in Siem Reap for some time.

Room Tip: It might be a little pricey but If you are able to afford it, the privilege floor on the fourth floo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2012

The privilege floor on the 4th floor was the best. Love the bathtub separate from the shower,
the balcony had a nice view of the area. We also had a host Sean who picked us up at the
airport with a garland. What a welcome! The breakfast that was included in the rate was so
good with staff so very helpful. The best part is the private driver that took us to shop for
souvenirs and Angkor Wat. Looking forward to stay in this property when I visit Siem Reap
again.

Room Tip: Must stay in the privilege floor for extra amenities
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank mary a
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I've been travelling for decades, and mostly in SE-Asia. I've never experienced such efficiency and hospitality as in Borei in even outstanding hotels. And: don't forget the excellent Cambodian food, not comparable with the ever more declining Thai dishes.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple