“Excellent Staff and Facilities”

Borei Angkor Resort & Spa
Ranked #36 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I was fortunate to be able to stay at this wonderful 5 star resort for 3 star prices. The hotel was undergoing a substantial expansion so the rates were very competitive. I have the highest regard for this hotel which includes all the trappings you would expect from a 5 star accommodation. Every room has a balcony breakfast area, the smallest rooms are elegantly spacious and the bathrooms are classically furnished with a gorgeous bath and separate shower . The resort also has a state-of-the-art gym, sauna and steam room, cold and hot spa, various massage options and a mouthwatering multinational breakfast buffet .The free-form pool has many areas that are suited for children and adults which includes a large spa pool and I was particularly impressed with the staff who would moved all my belongings shortly after I decided to move to another location around the pool or casual dining area. My admiration principally goes to Sony Oeun his assistant Nimool and the very honest Bell man Mr.Sitha. One morning, while I was entering the elevator, I dropped a $100 note. Thinking that it was lost for good, I asked Sony and Nimool at reception if anything could be done. They sent out an alert out around the resort and 5 minutes later Mr.Sitha returned my $100 bill. Of course I rewarded him but he raised my opinion of the Borei Angkor enormously. I look forward to returning there and the warm welcoming and continuing care that I got the last time. Regards to all from Charlie

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are better and higher rooms are larger and provide a more 5 star experience.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank CharlesV526

Reviewed 4 April 2013

I just checked out today and was very happy with my stay. All of the front desk staff were courteous and professional especially Jasmine. I had an issue with check in but that was corrected immediately. They continued to apologize, which is very considerate. I simply bought myself a drink at the bar to pass time while they worked it out. The room was excellent and for the price I don't think it could be beat. Remind you I paid under 80$ a night, yes expensive for some in Siem reap, but I did overhear stories of people at Angkor Wat that the power in their hotels would fluctuate, that did not happen once while I was here. Also I could have booked the Sofitel but I chose to save the $$$'s for my excursions, something that the Hospitality Desk was always willing to do.

Every staff member I met, whether it be the maids, staff downstairs or in the halls also greeted me politely and with a small. Something that goes really far in hotel experiences - and I have travelled a lot! I wish I could have stayed here for longer, because the hotel is great. I had a balcony and in the evenings it was nice to sit out and just enjoy my solitude.

The pool is nice, though during the mid day it's quite hot, but that's Cambodia. I saw a lot of international visitors staying here and most look in their mid 20's to mid 40s. Nothing bad, and no crazy partygoers from pub street to keep you awake.
They give you complimentary water bottles in the room, and trust me you'll need them while out during the day.

They have construction but do not hesitate to stay here, they never do anything to disturb you and most the of the noise is kept to very a minimal. If I ever come back to Siem Reap, I will definitely stay here. The remodel of the lobby looks spectacular from the designs and is sure to make this place stand out.

Overall I give this place 5 stars because of the service, they go out of their way to make your stay incredible. Transfers to and from the hotel to the airport are complimentary. It is a 2$ tuk tuk ride from pub street, but you stay here for the serenity, and professional staff. Because of this I would not hesitate to stay here again. Aun khun (not sure about the spelling) Borei Angkor Hotel for the great experience!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank iconpyro
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay at this hotel. The staff are fantastic and the massage even better! We loved the pool area, not too big but big enough, a choice of pool loungers, and lush garden surroundings with great pool side service. The service we received was top notch from the moment we were picked up at the airport until the moment we left. Jasmine was wonderful and helped us with any needs; we felt like we were on our honeymoon. The overall atmosphere of the hotel is peaceful and like an oasis. The surroundings are tranquil, the rooms clean and comfortable with a lovely large bath to soak in, and even though the front of the hotel was under renovation it did not take away from our overall experience. Breakfast was included; there was a very good variety of food choices including freshly cooked eggs and crepes. The quality of the food was excellent and everything was well presented. We can’t say enough about the spa, we booked massage each day we were there, it was the best massage we have ever had. We will definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends and we felt the value we received for our money was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Don S
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Location, service and staff were great. The rooms were really nice & spacious.
My room was not facing the pool and I guess a pool facing room would be better.
Renovation work in the hotel was going on but it didn't become a bother any time during our stay of 3 nights.
The breakfast spread was very nice with a wide variety. Had two dinners that were catered to for our conference and the decor, food preparation etc was good!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool facing room
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Vipul_11
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Stayed throughout Thailand and Cambodia and this was best hotel! Beautiful, good service and spa was top quality. Jasmine was very helpful with our travel arrangements. Would def want to stay again!! The food was wonderful and the pool side service was very good!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 1 April 2013

This resort has a privilege floor. Believe me when I say it is exactly that ! Our suite was gigantic with breakfast and dinner , massages and car , driver and mobile phone and mini bar included ! Bunna is an absolute godsend. All of the staff never fail to make sure you have everything you desire ASAP .... Would dearly love to stay here again. We stayed for 1 week in a standard room and the service was still amazing. Upgraded to special floor to surprise my mum for 1 night, and were treated like royalty. If you are looking for shiny and new , this is not your thing. If you are looking for traditional and spectacular, then look no further :))))

Room Tip: If you can afford the privilege floor for at least one night, then do it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2013

this is a great hotel in a very good location with excellent service but is let down by 2 critical flaws which mean we wouldn't come back here for our next stay.

The walls of the bedrooms are very thin and you hear quite a lot from your next door neighbours including in our case him retching at 4 am.

The air con in the rooms is also very loud so you either stay cool but awake or try to sleep and cook: we had two rooms and both were the same.

Its a shame but everything else worked at this hotel. the amenities were great and the staff very helpful and friendly. The pool is huge and the spa is very cheap (£40 sterling for an hour's massage)

Room Tip: we stayed in one of the Landmark rooms, go for one overlooking the pool much better view than the st...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve J
Hang S, General Manager at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Dear Steve J,

A very warm greetings from Siem Reap, the Kingdom of Cambodia!

I would love to thank you very much for choosing our resort as your home while visiting Siem Reap town and the Angkor temples. Our team are very pleased to read that you like our beautiful resort, the great amenities, the huge pool, the friendly staff, and its excellent services.

However, I very sorry to have learnt about the two points which have been the cause of the inconveniences of your stay. I do apologise that our facilities do not meet your expectation. For your kind information, we have a number of projects in place to upgrade our facilities; and one of those is the our brand new lobby which will be completed very soon as you may have observed.

We hope to be able to gain back your confidence so that you may consider to stay with us once again the next time you are visiting the Kingdom of wonder. If you choose to stay in other property, please feel free to patronise our property for a day use of the pool and the spa, perhaps.

Thank you very much, once gain, for the opportunity to be at your services.

Very best,