“Borei Angkor is very nice.”

Borei Angkor Resort & Spa
Ranked #42 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Manila, Philippines
“Borei Angkor is very nice.”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Very nice hotel! Modern facilities, but the rooms keep that traditional Cambodian aesthetic. Wifi in the room a little slow/ unstable though.

What i really liked about the hotel is their delicious buffet breakfast. It's not really much, but it tasted good, and was enough to sustain us through our day activities.

Also, you can arrange guided tours with the hotel. I think the pricing is competitive, compared to other providers,

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Hang S, General Manager at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear antonarcilla,

A very warm greeting from Borei Angkor Resort & Spa!

Thank you very much for your kind complement, and we do appreciate that you are taking your value time to share with us.

We have been working to improve the wifi signal strength on all guest rooms and others public areas. The result is good, and I am very positive that our residents would not experience the unstable wifi within our property.

We are working as well to improve our products as part of our product innovative. We have never been very happy with what we have yet, and we are continuously working hard on all area especially in the food and beverage section.

Once again, thank you so very much for staying with us; and we are looking forward to welcoming you and your friends back to our property in the very near future.

Very best,
Nara Thon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (877)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Just when you think it could not get better, Borei Angkor Resort and Spa goes above and beyond. The renovations are now complete so the entrance and reception look very impressive. Needless to say that the cost of staying there is now higher and for those that missed out on the special deals, well, I’m sorry you missed out on 5-Star service/accommodation for 2-3 Star prices.
I do have an amusing story to share from my last visit… When I first went there, in March 2013, I shared my room with a lovely local lady, let’s call her T, and the management and staff treated her with respect and dignity (many hotels in Cambodia do not do this for local ladies). This time I returned in July with someone special I met in Thailand, let’s call her P. Unbeknown to Borei’s management and staff, both ladies knew about each other.
One night I invited T to share dinner with P and me. When the management became aware that both ladies were in the hotel at the same time, they went to extraordinary and dignified lengths to keep them apart. While I was with P, they entertained T in the waiting lounge. Later P went to our room to shower and change so T was escorted to the cocktail lounge where I was waiting and we had some drinks and chatted for a while. When P returned downstairs to join us she was given a wild-goose chase around the hotel by the staff under orders from the hotel manager, called Sony, to keep her away from what they thought was an embarrassing and compromising situation. Eventually, both ladies were in my company at the same time which became a very confusing conundrum for the staff and management. You have to be there to see their confused and concerned faces… LOL
I thanked Sony the next morning for his discretion and initiative, he was amused to find out that his efforts were not needed and I sensed a feeling of respect from him that I was not playing ‘Hooky’. The personal service I receive from this resort is second to none, which is why I truly feel that I am in a 5-Star Resort when I stay there. I would like to thank the particular staffs that make my stay a very special and memorable one, these individuals include: Nimoul, Judy, Savon and of course… Sony.
As much as I think Sien Reap is a wonderful, vibrant, growing and culturally inspiring city; I am not sure anymore if it’s the city or the Borei Angkor Resort I look forward to the most.

Room Tip: The higher the room the more opulent and pool view is the best.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CharlesV526
Singapore
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This review is a few months late - we went in April 2013 after booking on the hotel website, which had a promotion going on - we paid USD 80 (incl tax) a night with breakfast, transfers and 1 massage each which I thought was a terrific price.

We arrived by bus from Phnom Penh and there was someone waiting for us at the bus station. Our hostess, Nimoul (I hope I spelt her name right), was waiting for us at the lobby when we arrived and was an absolute sweetheart. Check-in was a breeze - we were seated at a welcome room next to reception while Nimoul completed the check-in formalities for us and offered us a cold drink. I don't know why more hotels don't do this and make people stand in line instead. We were automatically upgraded to the next category of room (Landmark I believe). A nice gesture.

The room itself was a decently sized, regular 5 star room. It lacked a DVD player, but Nimoul promptly arranged for one. Nothing to complain about, everything was nice, working and in its place.

The buffet breakfast had a pretty standard spread of eastern and western food. Service at the hotel is generally very good.

Visits to Angkor Wat, any sort of transportation for seeing the city or going out at night were all efficiently organized by the Nimoul/reception staff.

All in all, this was a great hotel, with terrific service and a good price. It's one of the few locally owned 5 stars we were told.

P.S.
Do note that the front part of hotel was being renovated in April 2013, though this made no real difference to us. No noise etc.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Landmark room. Not sure how the other rooms are.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank trum01
Traralgon, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed here for four nights in May 2013 and found it a great base for temple touring. Our flight in was rescheduled and we arrived mid morning and on checkin were told that our room was not available (fair enough) but were checked in to a twin room where we could shower and change before heading out to tour the first of many temples. On return that afternoon we were met at reception and advised that we would be upgraded to a suite due to the earlier inconvenience (We didn't think we were inconvenienced at all). The suite was great and we were looked after extremely well by Miss Judy (good Luck with the baby!!) at reception who greeted us at every opportunity ensuring that our stay was everything we wished for. Great pool and poolside service although the poolside lounges were were difficult to secure particularly early evening. Breakfast was plentiful and high quality with a large variety of food with quite a lot cooked to order. We didn't eat here in the evenings as it is only a $3US tuk tuk ride to pub street and the drivers queue up outside the entrance to tend to your needs.
The main entry area was undergoing renovation whilst we were there but minimal disruption to anything and we never heard the works going on as we were out touring from early morning to late afternoon each day.
We definitely recommend this hotel to all

Room Tip: Booking early and direct with the hotel for the best rates and chance of a room upgrade.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2013

First stop in Cambodia, this hotel was a lovely way to start. Good location, 5 star resort type hotel, fabulous greeting by the staff and the friendliness never stopped. Beautiful hotel interior and pool, lovely rooms, there is nothing to fault about this place. Tuk tuks out the front entrance so very easy and cheap to get around. Breakfast was great too, something for everyone, fussy eaters, kids and foodies! Suggestion, a little 7/11 shop about a 3 minute walk up the street, turn left as you head out the front gates, the cheapest alcohol known to man! All sorts of things including toiletries too.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
UTAH
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and the lovely spa. Good prices. Mr Sonny especially made our stay special and was there to help with all our needs. He was very professional and personable. Narin at the front desk was also very friendly and hospitable. They made our stay very memorable and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank tiaresiva
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This is a great hotel but a hotel is only as good as the people who work there. Congratulations Jasmine for taking the time to get to know us and showing your genuine concern for our well being. We enjoyed the breakfast; catering for all tastes. The boys at the bar were a delight and we would be happy to recommend this hotel to our friends. We hope to return to see more of Siem Reap some day soon.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple