“Truly exceptional stay”

Ranked #39 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
Singapore
“Truly exceptional stay”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Despite the inconvenience of having to wait a few hours early in the morning for a room, my entire stay was totally relaxing and peaceful. The staff were polite and efficient most of the time, the pool was amazingly cool and refreshing with comfortable sunbeds all over, and the spa were outstanding. I had a room on the top floor overlooking the pool with a great view and private balcony. Many TV channels to choose from, the beds comfortable but overall furnishing looked tired and worn out. Breakfast was great with fruit and salad bar, noodles, egg station, Asian and Western offerings. There'a even a hospitality desk that offers good advice on any excursion and trips if you need. Would be back again on my next visit.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Hang S, General Manager at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Many thanks indeed for taking your time to share the experience after the stayed at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa. I am pleased to learn from your line of how much you did appreciate the service and facilities at our place. I have conveyed your message to the team member whom making your stayed left with great memory.

Thank you for staying with us, I am looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back home in the near future

Borei Angkor Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (864)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We had an excellent stay at the Borei Ankor over CNY. All of the staff were excellent but Mr. Vibol went the extra mile for us. We have two young children and he managed to track down two baby cots for our room. In addition, he helped us arrange a place for my children to nap on our last day as we had a late flight. We enjoyed the location and went out to Pub Street often to take in the sights and food there with a quick Tuk-Tuk ride. Hotel is also close by for the sights. If I have one "complaint" about the hotel, it would be the pool as it wasn't friendly for my young children and as such, I don't think they ever actually got into it! Spa was nice and relaxing and I had great service there as well! Overall excellent stay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JKinney7724
Beijing
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights over Chinese New Year, and had a very good experience. Location is great -- about 10 minutes by tuk tuk from the Old Market. Service was very friendly and very attentive. Breakfast was good, with a large selection. We had dinner there one evening, which was average and a little pricey. But frankly, the town has such a wide variety of excellent restaurant options so close by that there is no reason to eat dinner at the hotel. Spa was good; exercise room was a little cramped but adequate. While the entrance has just been refurbished (and looks great), the rooms themselves are a little worn and are nothing particularly spectacular. But if you're in Siam Reap and staying in your hotel room, you're missing the point. Overall, a very solid hotel and one that I would surely go back to.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Many thanks indeed for taking your time to share the experience after the stayed at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa. I am pleased to learn from your line what we could do to improve the facilities and services to meet our guest expectation and I must thank you for pointed out .

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The hotel was really good. The staff remember you and their hospitality is first class. They attend to your queries immediately and give you very good information. Only flaw was the swimming pool which had some problems during my stay. The hotel's food and tour selection was good but I would still recommend getting a tuktuk outside the hotel as it's much cheaper. During my stay there was a brief moment where there was a blackout, but the power came back on less than 30 seconds later. Overall a very good hotel and I had a great stay. I would definitely recommend the hotel for a good stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Many thanks indeed for taking your time to share the experience after the stayed at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa. I am pleased to learn from your line that you did enjoy the stay with us, your comment has been shared to our management concern for improvement, be aware the Tutuk is a public mode of transportation and tourist may get very different prices as those not been controlled by the hotel or private sector.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I was in Siem Reap for three days. Borei Angkor was a great experience, the resort's location is perfect, not too far from central and night market and close to the ticket centre for the visit to the temples. The hotel staff is very courteous, our host Dawindjhon was extremely polite and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel to all and would surely like to stay here again.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Tanuja S
Biscarrosse
Reviewed 13 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a week and enjoyed every minute of our stay. The hotel is like an oasis amongst all the hustle and bustle of Siem Reap. All the staff were courteous and utterly charming and especially helpful was the assistant manager Sean who spoke excellent English. The pool and its surrounding area is beautiful and its possible to have snacks and light lunches from the poolside bar at very reasonable prices. There was an enormous choice of food at the buffet breakfast including fresh fruit cereals bacon, baked beans, tomatoes and eggs or crepes cooked on the spot by the chefs. Everywhere in the hotel was very clean, the whole place was just lovely and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone visiting Siem Reap.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The hotel is clean and staff are very friendly and helpful. The staff who checked us in, Vibol, took the extra step to explain the hotel amenities to us. He also greeted us every time he saw us in the lobby. We really enjoyed the tropical fruits and noodle soup in the buffet breakfast.

The hotel's entrance appears lavish and there are lots of hardwood fixtures in the hotel though the elevators were quite small. I like the beautiful hardwood stairs leading to our floor, so I chose to use the stairs instead of the elevators. While our room was very clean, the bathroom appeared slightly dated.

Room Tip: There is a hospitality desk in the hotel that helps travelers to book tours.