We stayed at Borei Angkor Resort for 5 nights. We had booked the World Heritage Package (which I would recommend btw) and this included a round trip airport transfer.
The hotel was very beautiful and calm and just outside was the bustling main streets of Siem Reap. The service provided at the hotel is very personal with your own concierge, tour guide and driver. Our rooms (which were on the 2nd floor) were very large and comfortable. I believe there are certain wings of the hotel which are newer. There was also ongoing expansion work going on but this did not bother us.
The tour was a 3 days tour of the famous temples of Siem Reap as well as a boat ride on the Mekong River. The tour guide was very knowledgable and kept a running commentary of everything we were seeing. The good thing was that the schedule was flexible. As the first day was very tiring we took a break the following day and then continued with the remaining tour on the 3rd and 4th days.
The swimming pool is amazing! Very large and clean. The spa is located just next to it. The spa is also very lovely with clean facilities.
Breakfast in the morning was nice and diverse. There are chefs awaiting your orders to make omelettes, noodles, stir fried vegetables or soup.
The only negative things to say about the rooms is:
1. The wall plugs were quite old and I was generally concerned when plugging anything in - including phones, laptops etc. Also the kettle we were provided with was quite old fashioned and also a bit doggy.
2. The bathroom although very large and clean, had an annoying shower. The shower handle was not detachable and also much to high to even try and adjust.
Siem Reap as a city is absolutely lovely. The people are amazing and seem to be always smiling. Tuk tuks are the form of transportation and 4 can sit in 1 tuktuk. It costs about 1-2 US dollars /person. We also went to see Apsara Dancing which is a must in Cambodia.
Massage parlours are plentiful but ask the hotel or your tour guides if they can recommend ones with clean facilities. Massages are generally much cheaper outside the hotel.
The night market is the place to go for shopping for traditional dresses, Tshirts, watches - basically everything is sold there.
Borei Angkor is great place to stay while exploring Siem Reap and I would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Borei Angkor Resort & Spa is the one and only most reviewed hotel in Siem Reap Cambodia given by thousands of travelers' reviews on TripAdvisor making Borei Angkor the most popular and chosen hotel to stay in Siem Reap while visiting the UNESCO world heritage site of Angkor Wat. Aptly named after 'a territory of Angkor', Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, a truly Cambodia 5 star hotel in Siem Reap is set right in the center of Siem Reap, ideally situated within 15 minutes drive either from Siem Reap International Airport or to Angkor Wat, and only 5 minutes drive to Siem Reap downtown including Pub Street, shopping malls, Angkor Night Market, local restaurants and bars, and other nearby local attractions in Siem Reap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Borei Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borei Angkor Hotel Siem Reap
- Borei Angkor Resort And Spa
- Borei Angkor Siem Reap