Borei Angkor Resort & Spa
Nita by Vo Luxury Hotel(Siem Reap)
US$259
US$150
US$146
US$196
US$191
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
US$299
US$185
5,662 results
All reviewshospitality desklandmark roomtuk tukbreakfast buffetbeautiful hotelpersonal assistantspecial thankspub streetlate checkprivilege flooramazing servicenoodlespool sidewould highly recommend this hoteltrip to siem reapwelcome drinktour guide
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Borei Angkor Resort and Spa

Reviews are always subjective and from my perspective I am exactly in the right demographic for this resort. I am a business class boy, not first class and definitely not economy and that is what this place delivers in spades. If you usually stay in brand name resorts then this will be a little (just a tiny bit) below your expectations and if you usually stay budget, then this place will blow you away. Don’t get me wrong, I have stayed in some of the worlds most amazing hotels in the Emirates, so I know what I am comparing to. Ultimately for me, this place delivers 5 star quality of accommodation and service for a fraction of the cost of an international brand, thus represents the sort of value for money and levels of comfort that I adore.

The hotel sent a car to meet us at the airport, the driver was there on time and waiting as we came through arrivals with a sign board with our names on. We were whisked to the hotel in about 20 minutes and check in was swift, with our luggage being dispatched to our room a few minutes after us.

The room was spacious, comfortable, clean and peaceful. It overlooked the gorgeous pool and had a lovely balcony where we whiled away many hours chatting over a nice cup of tea.

The resort is not enormous, in fact it is one of the smaller resorts I have stayed in, but it has a couple of good lounge bars, 2 good restaurants and a poolside kiosk. The menus carried a good enough selection to allow you to eat here for 5 nights straight if you wanted to. Food quality was in some cases excellent, for example the burger and club sandwiches were amazing as were some of the other main dishes. The chicken tikka was terrible and some of the other items were a little sub standard. This is definitely not a 5* gourmet experience, but the food is generally perfectly acceptable, with the top prizes going, unsurprisingly, to the local dishes.

The most stunning thing about the entire stay here was the service that we received from the staff. 90% of the staff I men had brilliant English skills (better than I have seen in good hotels in Vietnam and Thailand) but above all they all seem to have passed a standard of service training that is absolutely exceptional. Without fail every member of staff I encountered had a cheery “good morning” or “good evening” and a few other words of chit chat if I was in the mood, however they were perfectly attuned to keeping it brief if they detected that I was not in the mood. In the bars and restaurants they were ever present and willing to serve at a moments notice, always with a smile and always eager to ensure that they were delivering to my expectations. I was really blown away by how perfectly optimum the service levels were. I.e. not too overboard so as to make me feel uncomfortable, as they can be in some of the really up market places and always there and ready to deliver.

The hotel also can arrange a TukTuk to the local town, which is only 5 minutes and 2 USD away as well as a car (Lexus 4WD none the less!) and a guide to Angkor Wat, for a fairly reasonable $85 for the day (total for 2 people) plus your $20 each AW entry fee. The guide was excellent and ensured that we were in exactly the right spot for the sunrise photos!

The local town, Siem Reap was wonderfully clean and safe feeling, with myriad restaurants and bars for all tastes and pockets, plus a day and night market which are well worth exploring and some very good, low cost massage places.

We didn’t go on any other excursions, having read about the waterfalls and local floating village on TA we decided against them and spent a lot of time hanging around by the hotel pool and even tried the gym (which is very well appointed) and the 4 hand massage in the spa. The massage was costly (by local standards) but very good and a nice treat for myself and my girlfriend.

All in all I will book to stay here again if I come back to Siem Reap and I am likely to come back if I fancy a medium cost, relaxing break with great food, plenty to do and excellent service.

Room Tip: One of the newer rooms overlooking the pool would be the best bet
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaulBappoo
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I traveled with three friends to Siem Reap for leisure in April, 2014 and stay here for 5 nights. It was a great experience to stay in Borei Angkor. The staff are pretty considerate and very helpful during our stay. Location is a bit far away from pub street and night market, and we have to take a tuk tuk there, price was 3 dollars for 4 persons.
The hotel was great in overall. The room was clean and tidy, with a great balcony. Breakfast was wonderful and wide variety of choice which fit the need of tourist from different nations.
We were offered complimentary transportation between airport and hotel, on our arrival and departure. The staff here, especially Dawind, was very helpful. He provided us some suggestion for the excursions in Siem Reap and recommended some activities for us during our ride to the hotel from the airport.
One thing I want to appreciate is the effectiveness of the hotel staff to manage our problems. In one day, we forgot to lock the windows and attract a lot of insects into our room. We call the reception and the staff quickly respond in trying to help us to clear the insect. But there were too many, we request to change the room. Dawind helped us to check the availability of rooms and changed it afterwards. Luckily with the staff arrangement, we can have a good sleep at night without insects.
Overall, the staff are always very willing to provide assistance. My stay experience here is great.

Room Tip: The pool view room is great, but remember not to open the windows with light turned on, you will attract huge amount of insect into your room
2  Thank sylee15
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 6 days in april 2014 and I had to say the service delivered by the staff here is just wonderful. From picking up from airport, arranging the activities, room services, i was amazed by the hard work of the staff here. I would especially like to give thanks to Dawind, who is a really devoted staff , whenever I come back to the hotel, he would always welcome me back and and talk to me about the details of the arrangement of the activities to make sure everything is fine~that makes me feel just like home, and i never would get that from another hotel. Afterall, I would strongly recommend this hotel to you all. Thanks to Borei and Dawind!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Alex C
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The hotel is very nice, the room is neat and tidy, comfortable swimming pool and delicious breakfast buffet. Services provided is also impressive, all our needs and enquiry are well responded. Various local tour, contact on drivers and tour guide are well organized with reasonable price. Staff there are nice and helpful, especially Darwind. This hotel is highly recommended.

Room Tip: high floor with pool view
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The hotel is wonderful and great! Great location and facility, delicious breakfast and the fantastic services provided from the hotel staffs had brought me a great experience when staying in Borei Angkor. Special thank to the staff Dawind, with his kind hospitality and professional advices given to plan our trip, my friends and I had a really great experience during our 6 days trip here in Siem Reap. In short, we arrived as visitors, and we left as guests and friends!