Borei Angkor Resort & Spa
TripAdvisor
US$54
TripAdvisor
5,586 results
All reviewshospitality desklandmark roomtuk tukbreakfast buffetbeautiful hotelpersonal assistantspecial thankspub streetlate checkprivilege flooramazing servicenoodlespool sidewould highly recommend this hoteltrip to siem reapwelcome drinktour guide
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We spent 3 nights here in March and highly recommend it. Not in downtown, but a 5 minute tuk tuk ride away. We arranged a two day tour through the hotel and had a great English speaking guide and transportation. Nice touches with cool towels and water provided at just the right times. Those were needed as it is scorching hot. Food at the hotel was always good with the breakfast buffet (included in room rate) being excellent. Pool area was quiet and my wife had two massages and reported they were quite good. Everything was clean. The staff were all great, taking an interest in the quality of our stay. Bona in the lobby was so helpful. We had a late flight out and couldn't stay in the room, but he arranged for our bags to be held and us to have a shower at the spa prior to our departure. And make sure you listen to their restaurant recommendations...we had superb meals when we did.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Great value for money. In this hotel you are treated as a king! Employees are very friendly, always supporting and taking care of all your wishes to make your stay a special one. Especially Bona is very friendly and is making all efforts to make your stay here unforgetable. Even when arriving late night, he organises your trips for the next day. We are sorry that we only had the time to stay for 2 nights. Airport pick-up and drop-off worked out perfectly.
This hotel is absolutely recommendable. We will come soon!
Nathalie & Paulo (Germany)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

A lovely place to stay. The smell of lemongrass throughout the hotel is refreshing and lovely. Wonderful friendly staff who are always happy to help you. The location is good, not far from the temples or Pub Street. You can walk to Pub Street in about 10 or so minutes, or take a tuk tuk. The cost was $2 when I was there. All drivers know the hotel so it's easy to get back. We arranged a tuk tuk to the floating village Kompong Phluk and when we got back were greeted with a cold towel which was a great touch. The breakfast is as great as everyone says. The pool is really nice. Rooms have all the toiletries you need and a hairdryer. On a busy road but very quiet inside. Recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed at the Borei for four nights with our two year old son. We were welcomed very warmly by the staff and amazed at the design and style of the hotel upon arrival. We organised a driver and tour guide with the staff at reception which was very convenient. Our two year old son was looked after by Sotha, an in-house babysitter while we looked around Angkor Wat. The breakfast was amazing, everything you could possibly think of or want was available. The pool was clean and great for cooling off, good with areas for all ages. Room service was wonderfully presented with simple, tasty food. All up we had a lovely time and would fully recommend staying here.

Special thanks to Bonar and Jenny for your wonderful warm help and assistance and also to Sotha for looking after our son.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was recommended by my daughter in law. It is excellent. Although I am traveling alone, my son and his wife and baby son joined me for a weekend in Siem Reap. The hotel were superb in arranging transfers for two separate flights and, having spotted related bookings, had kindly placed us in adjoining rooms. In fact I preferred a king size room and they were very quick, happy and efficient in moving me!

They were also very quick at arranging a last minute babysitter when plans had to change to fit around the baby so the adults could enjoy a meal in disturbed in the restaurant.

I stayed just under a week and could not fault the place. And the tuk tuk drivers who seem to be associated with the hotel were both very economical and, with the hotel porters, amazingly helpful in organizing trips to the temples (well worth visiting) or just into town. I normally like air con cars to ferry me about but thoroughly enjoyed very many tuk tuk trips from the hotel.

Walking round the temples was quite tiring in the heat and a swim and relax afterwards by the pool was wonderful. With first class service by the staff - whether sorting out extra towels (they seemed to ensure there was always a clean towel waiting on every lounger or daybed anyway!) - or serving an ice cold beer, usually with complementary nibbles. A nice touch with a poolside mid afternoon beer.

I should also mention the outdoor bar by the front entrance, cooled by fans and with the soothing sound of the various water features. The late afternoon happy hour here is accompanied by a small selection of nibbles. Not to be missed.

So the service was excellent, the hotel very well maintained, and the staff very helpful. And I haven't mentioned breakfast which was excellent with several chefs' stations providing freshly prepared dishes from noodles to omelettes and much in between. But the thing I remember most from my visit was that every time I saw or spoke to a member of staff for whatever reason, from the driver meeting me at the airport to a different driver leaving me at the airport, they always, without exception, smiled.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo