“Surprising Nice Resort” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 339 Hotels in Siem Reap
Singapore, Singapore
“Surprising Nice Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Booked a room thru one of the on line booking site.
At first, I was a bit worried that the location maybe a bit far from the actions.
When we got to the hotel, we were very surprised with Hotel. The lobby is nice and cool and the welcome drink and dessert is great.
The pool view room I got has a great view and it clean and bright.
The bar fridge is well stock and 2 bottle of complimentary water.

The hotel provide cool towel at the taxi drop off point. This is very good after visiting the temple in the 40deg sun.

I would go with the Tok Tok from the hotel. They are clean and is charging the same price as those plying on the road.

The breakfast has good spread of food and the quality of is good too.
I was inquiring about early breakfast at 4:30am; Na Na, the front desk officer, arranged pack breakfast for us.

As a whole, we enjoyed our time at Borei.
Will sure to stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunbeamrn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (838)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Borei Angkor for 5 nights and it was a great experience! Staff members are extremely friendly and speak very good English. Daniel, in particular, is extremely helpful. He greets all his guests with a smiley face, and tries his best to help us whenever we need. He gives really good advise on how we should plan our trip, the restaurant he recommended is wonderful, too! We chatted with him for a while when he was escorting us to the airport, and we find him to be a very pleasant and hardworking young man. Overall speaking, the hotel is comfortable and clean with top-notch service. The hotel offers nice breakfast with a great variety of food. We especially like the noodle bar and the fresh fruits. We would recommend Borei Angkor to anyone staying at Siem Reap.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank W M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed for 3days and 2 nights in Borei. We had free airport transfer which was very convenient. The driver was like a tour guide already orienting us in the road we are passing.We arrived in the hotel we received a welcome drink and a sweet pastry (so yummy). Boran, assisted to our room.Our room was spacious, impeccably clean and had the pool view.We were so happy. Following day we had breakfast, it was amazing! The choices of Western and Asian food are massive! And the staff are just so courteous..We are used to travelling and staying in 5 star hotels since we are flight attendants of a 4 star airline and must say bored angkor is one of the best we ever stayed. And lastly, we met People, our tuktuk driver who drove us around for a day.He is such a star.He touched our hearts just by offering us cold water available every time we come back from available temple visit.He ran inside available temple to bring us a raincoat because of thunder and lightnings.We will never forget our stay in Cambodia because of these kind of people.
Borei and it's staff are the stars of Siem Reap! We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Joanna M
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I recently completed a tour of Thailand and Cambodia with my family, which includes two adult children. The Borei Angkor, and Daniel in particular, helped make our stay in Siem Reap the highlight of our trip. I was a little bit concerned that the hotel was not rated 5 star but took a chance based on the reviews and was so glad that I did.

Traveling and planning excursions in a foreign country where you don't speak the language can be a little stressful, Daniel helped us check in and served as a concierge/tour planner/ and arranger throughout our stay. He made our stay in Siem Reap completely non-stressful. Daniel arranged an all day driver for all of us in an air conditioned van each day.

Koli, our driver, also took very good care of us taking us to all of the temples and things we wanted to see and recommending some things that we had not thought of. Siem Reap is HOT. We were able to relax in the van with cold drinks and clean up with wet towels in between stops. This all-day driver and van cost us only $55 USD per day. By having a private van, we were able to avoid some of the issues that can come from bartering cab rides, plus we were able to avoid scams that seem to be a part of every tourist destination in Asia.

I have stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world and I would rank Borei in the top 2 of all hotels I have stayed in for service.

The hotel and pool are also very nice. The rooms met our expectations and were comfortable. I felt like our stay here was an exceptional value. We stayed at Layana Beach Resort in Ko Lanta, Thailand after Borei. Layana is rated one of the top 5 hotels in Thailand, while the grounds there are off the charts beautiful, we enjoyed Borei more because of the service. I highly recommend it.

A word of caution when at Siem Reap, there is a tour of Tonle Sap Lake that you can take. It is a complete scam. The boat drivers will take you to the middle of the lake and then try to induce you to buy rice for the disadvantaged "school students." The cost is $55/bag. The actual cost for the bag of rice is closer to $10. The boat driver and whoever they share with pocket the rest. There were so many people dropping off bags of rice at the school, that just happened to have several students in uniforms on a Sunday at 6:00, that they could have fed a small army. I am sure there is a better way to help the economically disadvantaged people of Siem Reap if you are so inclined.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room. The increase in price is negligible and you will have a nice balcony.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank traveller2211
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel on my 26 day Southeast Asia journey, and this was by far the BEST one of all. The hotel was beautiful, the food was outstanding, and the staff were super friendly. I have never been treated better in any hotel I have ever stayed at. NaNa was the perfect host, she greeted me with a huge smile. When I checked out and took a cab to the airport, she placed a beautiful silk scarf around my neck for a souvenir and drove with me to the airport, how amazing. I will be returning and will most definitely be staying there again. The hotel is close to town, it's a short, $2.00 tuk tuk ride to all the night time action. I hired a guide for Angkor Wat right at the hotel, he made the temple visit so much better, a must for any sightseeing there. The pool was huge and refreshing after a long day at the temple. I can't say enough how friendly and helpful the staff was. I rate this hotel a 5 STAR.

Room Tip: I had a third floor room with a huge balcony and a shower outside, wonderful
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a great property. The grounds are beautiful, and my room was great. But what really makes this place so wonderful is the staff. They could not be more accommodating, friendly, and genuinely caring.

From the people at reception, to the man who cleaned my room, to the people at the hospitality desk, to management, to the guy at the door as you return to the hotel, the people were incredible.

The breakfast here is outstanding. Many, many choices and enough variety to make each morning a different experience. The crepes bar is an indulgence you don't want to miss.

I have to single out my driver that the hotel arranged for my tour yesterday. Mr. Chantha Sorn was really amazing. He is warm, caring, knowledgeable, and went out of his way to make sure I had a great experience. He picked me up at 5 am for my early morning tour. Because I wanted to start at Preah Khan, which is unusual, I was the only one there at the temple. Concerned for my safety, he decided to accompany me so I would not be alone in the temple. He parked at the West gate, and walked back through the temple to the East gate to meet me and accompany me. I'd left the breakfast the hotel packed in the car, and he must have thought I did that by accident. He actually brought it with him into Preah Kahn, and carried it all the way so I could take pictures.

Throughout the day, he had cold towels and water for me after each temple visit, and went out of his way to make sure I was enjoying my visit and having a great time. He knows a lot about the temples, and was able to tell me a lot about each one, as I did not hire a guide that day. He even took me to a few small out of the way temples that were not on my list.

I could not recommend him more highly. Ask for him by name (and I hope you tip him well--drivers do not seem to make a lot of money in Cambodia).

Another person I want to mention is Tevy. There was a mixup with my room when I arrived, I was on a very tight schedule, and Tevy went out of her way to get everything straightened out. Despite my stress, she remained calm and helpful. She greeted me by name every evening as I returned to the hotel, and made me feel cared for and valued as a guest. She is a delightful woman.

The only thing I would hope would improve at the hotel is the situation with the sheets on a king sized bed. They don't go all the way down to the bottom of the mattress, or at least mine didn't. A very minor detail in an overall great stay.

I truly hope that I have another opportunity to stay at the Borei Angkor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lovesoul
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was prepared to wander in the city as I arrived at the hotel around 10am, and to my surprise I just had to wait less than half hr to get into the room to relax. No other hotel has such flexibility in early check in and late check out.The receptionist is very professional, friendly and even care to remember my name. Well, Chinese name is really not an easy name to remember.The breakfast is great. The soup noodles taste better than the one that I had in restaurant and I look forward to breakfast every morning...lol.

The hotel has its own fleet of tuk tuk which are clean and they are very helpful too. We had our driver arranged by the hotel too. It is really a relax and pleasant trip all because we haven chosen the right hotel that can see to all our needs. Their attention to details really make our stay wonderful. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to hv a hassle free and relax holiday

Cheers