“Good value luxury”

Ranked #42 of 353 Hotels in Siem Reap
London
“Good value luxury”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed in a Landmark room for 1 week in June. The room is spacious, clean and modern with good shower and good air conditioning and we really enjoyed our stay. The breakfast is one of the best I've had with good variety and quality. We got breakfast boxes for early morning starts (ordered the night before) and while adequate, only really good if you like lots of bread and pastries. They might be better off giving a sheet to be filled in with some take-out breakfast options as I imagine there might be a lot of waste and I only really wanted a toasted sandwich. Pool is quiet and pleasant but lacking in shade. My husband used the indoor jacuzzi, gym and sauna and all were good, just need to ask the spa staff to start facilities 30 mins beforehand. This hotel does the personal touches really well, concierge/front desk were all excellent - they checked where we were going before we got into a tuk tuk and even went as far as calling a restaurant to get directions for the tuk tuk driver and made external spa reservations. We also spent time on the 4th floor bar and this is a nice place for a quick drink and snacks before dinner with great staff and service. Breakfast and pool service also good. I found all the staff to be friendly, they would always smile and greet you and seemed to enjoy working for the hotel. English does need to be improved in some areas, tour desk provided inconsistent information (different cost structure depending on who you spoke to) and it wasn't always clear (my friend signed for 2 tuk tuks and 1 guide, but the bill got split - we sorted it out amongst ourselves but a bit confusing as whoever signs, should always get charged). The hotel has it own fleet of tuk tuks so while the location is not great if you want to be walkable to clubs/bars/shops you never have to wait or have the hassle of negotiating your outbound journey. I recommend this hotel and Siem Reap and when I come back, this hotel would definitely be my first choice.

Room Tip: Avoid west facing rooms for quieter stay
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank WannabeGlobeTrotter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (874)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Angkor Borei Resort and Spa exceeded expectations in every way! From the customer service experience (the staff were amazing) to the amazing room offered and accessibility/ location, this hotel has it all. Without doubt one of my best hotel experiences ever!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vignes C
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Borei Angkor for 3 wonderful days on our honeymoon! The hotel is excellent, in every way: clean, affordable, well-located. Nice restaurant. amazing pool, superb breakfast! Just a 5-minute tuk tuk ride to the center. Impressive was also Mr. Vibol, our concierge, and I could not commend him more for his outstanding customer service. When we told him we were in our honeymoon, he upgraded us and arranged a special decoration for our suite, as well as fruits and champagne! The whole staff was amazing. Ms. May with fresh towels when we came back from the incredibly hot weather outside! The managers and supervisors, the guys at the hospitality desk, everyone! Mr. Sony (manager) helped us out with a place to stay when our room required us to check out and wait for our flight that was not until much later that evening. I'll hope to be back to Cambodia soon, and I'll definitely stay at this hotel when I go there. They provided us with a free transfer to the airport. We could not be more satisfied. I felt very welcome and, most important, was happy to stay in a place where you can admire the job people are doing over there!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gabriel_Diz
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Greeted by the manager when we first came in, Bona made us feel welcome instantly. The hotel has a grand entrance with a massive wooden door and a beautiful lobby. The room was amazing it was spacious and luxurious. All I see are smiling faces of the staff everywhere we go and greets us. What a wonderful experience it was.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Papendrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This was one of the best hotels/resorts where i did stay. The people are very friendly and helpfull. The resort is build in khmer style and is beautiful. I recommend this hotel to all people who want to have a great stay in siem reap and enjoy the cambodian hospitality.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jebe81
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I like the hotel the way they service their guests. It is my first time travel to Siem Reap, I request and they specially make arrangment to pick my family up from the Mekong Express Station upon my arrival.I got problem in my booking and they quickly solve it.I should say my decision is right to extend two more days to 4 nights stay. I like the breakfast, the staff service, the pool, the Hot and Cold Jacuzzi, Steamroom, Sauna. Whenever, my family is going out or coming back to the hotel, they will engage with a friendly and warmly conversation. My family enjoys our stay and we would go back again if we travel to Siem Reap.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
sydney australia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

the Borei Angkor was the last stop on our trip through Vietnam and Cambodia and it was perfect way to end our holiday. after travelling constantly for a couple of weeks we stayed here for 4 nights and it could not have been better. the hotel has everything you need from a great pool area , excellent staff and the food in the restaurants and from room service was first class. it was easy to get into the main part of town although , after visiting Angkor Wat etc we spent most of our time around the pool just winding down before our trip home. if you are looking for 5 star service and facilities at a very reasonable price I can recommend the Borei thoroughly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple