“Absolutely Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 339 Hotels in Siem Reap
Brooklyn, New York
“Absolutely Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed at the Borei Angkor for 4 nights in the Landmark Room. I can honestly say that it is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The staff went above and beyond the call of duty to make me feel welcome and safe which is sometimes not the case for a woman traveling by herself. Breakfast was awesome and room service was great. I stayed in a beautiful room with a fabulous balcony. FABULOUS. The hotel is in a great location and the staff promptly calls a tuk-tuk which will take you anywhere you want to go for a small amount.

In particular, Sanita at the front desk was awesome!! She was extremely receptive and friendly and gave great pointers to a woman traveling by herself. She also was a great conversationalist on the culture and welfare of women in Cambodia in relation to women around the world.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and if I'm ever in Cambodia again, I will definitely stay there

Room Tip: The Landmark was a FABULOUS!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank shade3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (838)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed in a Landmark room for 1 week in June. The room is spacious, clean and modern with good shower and good air conditioning and we really enjoyed our stay. The breakfast is one of the best I've had with good variety and quality. We got breakfast boxes for early morning starts (ordered the night before) and while adequate, only really good if you like lots of bread and pastries. They might be better off giving a sheet to be filled in with some take-out breakfast options as I imagine there might be a lot of waste and I only really wanted a toasted sandwich. Pool is quiet and pleasant but lacking in shade. My husband used the indoor jacuzzi, gym and sauna and all were good, just need to ask the spa staff to start facilities 30 mins beforehand. This hotel does the personal touches really well, concierge/front desk were all excellent - they checked where we were going before we got into a tuk tuk and even went as far as calling a restaurant to get directions for the tuk tuk driver and made external spa reservations. We also spent time on the 4th floor bar and this is a nice place for a quick drink and snacks before dinner with great staff and service. Breakfast and pool service also good. I found all the staff to be friendly, they would always smile and greet you and seemed to enjoy working for the hotel. English does need to be improved in some areas, tour desk provided inconsistent information (different cost structure depending on who you spoke to) and it wasn't always clear (my friend signed for 2 tuk tuks and 1 guide, but the bill got split - we sorted it out amongst ourselves but a bit confusing as whoever signs, should always get charged). The hotel has it own fleet of tuk tuks so while the location is not great if you want to be walkable to clubs/bars/shops you never have to wait or have the hassle of negotiating your outbound journey. I recommend this hotel and Siem Reap and when I come back, this hotel would definitely be my first choice.

Room Tip: Avoid west facing rooms for quieter stay
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank WannabeGlobeTrotter
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Angkor Borei Resort and Spa exceeded expectations in every way! From the customer service experience (the staff were amazing) to the amazing room offered and accessibility/ location, this hotel has it all. Without doubt one of my best hotel experiences ever!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vignes C
Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Borei Angkor for 3 wonderful days on our honeymoon! The hotel is excellent, in every way: clean, affordable, well-located. Nice restaurant. amazing pool, superb breakfast! Just a 5-minute tuk tuk ride to the center. Impressive was also Mr. Vibol, our concierge, and I could not commend him more for his outstanding customer service. When we told him we were in our honeymoon, he upgraded us and arranged a special decoration for our suite, as well as fruits and champagne! The whole staff was amazing. Ms. May with fresh towels when we came back from the incredibly hot weather outside! The managers and supervisors, the guys at the hospitality desk, everyone! Mr. Sony (manager) helped us out with a place to stay when our room required us to check out and wait for our flight that was not until much later that evening. I'll hope to be back to Cambodia soon, and I'll definitely stay at this hotel when I go there. They provided us with a free transfer to the airport. We could not be more satisfied. I felt very welcome and, most important, was happy to stay in a place where you can admire the job people are doing over there!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gabriel_Diz
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Greeted by the manager when we first came in, Bona made us feel welcome instantly. The hotel has a grand entrance with a massive wooden door and a beautiful lobby. The room was amazing it was spacious and luxurious. All I see are smiling faces of the staff everywhere we go and greets us. What a wonderful experience it was.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Papendrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This was one of the best hotels/resorts where i did stay. The people are very friendly and helpfull. The resort is build in khmer style and is beautiful. I recommend this hotel to all people who want to have a great stay in siem reap and enjoy the cambodian hospitality.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jebe81
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I like the hotel the way they service their guests. It is my first time travel to Siem Reap, I request and they specially make arrangment to pick my family up from the Mekong Express Station upon my arrival.I got problem in my booking and they quickly solve it.I should say my decision is right to extend two more days to 4 nights stay. I like the breakfast, the staff service, the pool, the Hot and Cold Jacuzzi, Steamroom, Sauna. Whenever, my family is going out or coming back to the hotel, they will engage with a friendly and warmly conversation. My family enjoys our stay and we would go back again if we travel to Siem Reap.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family