The staff at the hotel are very attentive and eager to please. Usually waiting at the front entrance with cool towels after returning from a day visiting the temples. The rooms are large, well furnished, clean, and comfortable. We did have a problem with the air-conditioning in our room, but were quickly offered another room without any argument. The staff all speak excellent English, so communication is not an issue. You will be asked if you are enjoying your stay every time you enter and leave the hotel, and you will end up with a pocketful of business cards as every staff member urges you to give them a personal recommendation when you review the hotel.
The only complaint I have is regarding the quality of the food in the hotel's restaurant. At dinner one night we ordered satay and tandoori chicken, both of which were served to us completely cold - in fact so cold that it seemed to have been taken directly from the refrigerator. A similar experience was had with the soup, which was barely lukewarm by the time it got served to us. Overall the breakfast was good, but there wasn't any variety, and the same choices were served every day. However, there was enough selection available that you could still have different things each day. The omelette and crepe stations were very popular and good though.
I would stay at this hotel again though, as I found the overall experience to be very good.
By the way, pack a flashlight. We experienced a couple of short power failures during our stay and having a flashlight was handy to find your way around until the hotel's generator powered up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Borei Angkor Resort & Spa is the one and only most reviewed hotel in Siem Reap Cambodia given by thousands of travelers' reviews on TripAdvisor making Borei Angkor the most popular and chosen hotel to stay in Siem Reap while visiting the UNESCO world heritage site of Angkor Wat. Aptly named after 'a territory of Angkor', Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, a truly Cambodia 5 star hotel in Siem Reap is set right in the center of Siem Reap, ideally situated within 15 minutes drive either from Siem Reap International Airport or to Angkor Wat, and only 5 minutes drive to Siem Reap downtown including Pub Street, shopping malls, Angkor Night Market, local restaurants and bars, and other nearby local attractions in Siem Reap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Borei Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borei Angkor Resort And Spa
- Borei Angkor Hotel Siem Reap
- Borei Angkor Siem Reap