“Great stay, would love to go back!”

Borei Angkor Resort & Spa
Ranked #42 of 354 Hotels in Siem Reap
Perth
“Great stay, would love to go back!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at borei Angkor with a group of friends (two young families) and we all loved it!!! The staff were super friendly and super efficient and nothing was too much trouble.

The rooms were well appointed and very spacious. Beds were not too hard and as a tall person, did not find that I had my feet on the mattress protector!
Very close to the airports, temples and town (don't worry about the shopping centres).
Only downside was that you could hear the trolleys rumbling down the hall in the mornings from quite early and the folks dragging furniture upstairs. None of it woke me up, just noticed it once awake.
Overall, the best holiday I've had in ages!

Stayed July 2014
Hang S, General Manager at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Braddo70,

Greetings from Borei Angkor Resort & Spa!!

Thank you for your review and share your experience with us here. We are very delighted to hear the overall experience that you had was a great one for your holiday. Despite the trolley was something sound is something that we are now working to stop that from happening. We wish you could have received perfect treatment from every aspect throughout your experience. As we keep improving ourselves, trust that your next visit would be a marvelous one if you would offer us another opportunity to serve you again.

Best regards,

Heat Sron
The management
Borei Angkor Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (874)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Esperance
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Service was second to none. Staff remembered our names and spoke to us numerous times a day. The hotel itself is beautiful and the lobby is stunning. Food was great. It was clean and hospitable, there was constant maintenance and proximity to the airport and town was great. Felt really safe with out children. Breakfast was great and the kids loved the pool. It was deep enough to do tricks and games with kids. The staff put away our pool toys each night and as soon as we appeared in the morning, so did the toys! They packed a breakfast on our early departure and we had a fantastic babysitter; Thavy (who came in on her day off to babysit for us again because the kids asked for her) Rooms are also spacious. We loved our stay.

Room Tip: A little loud in the mornings with cleaning starting early but that's the only complaint I had.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

This place is beautiful! The staff are amazing - so attentive and lovely! They genuinely care about your stay and time in Cambodia! Incredible Khmer hospitality. Makara checked us in and she was so lovely! We stayed here twice on our visit and both times were more than we expected. We have never been to a hotel where we felt so welcomed! We will be back! Thank you! AKUN!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We are just finishing a three night stay here. We paid $67 per night which includes breakfast and airport transfers. We have just arranged a free late check out for 2pm.

We were greeted at the airport by a hotel driver. It was about. 20 minute drive to the hotel. The hotel is impressive upon arrival. A beautiful grand foyer. We were given a refreshing fruit drink and cool face towel whilst check in was arranged. Our room is lovely - a large flat screen TV,great shower, large deep bath and nice toiletries.

The breakfast is impressive. It is high end buffet style - cook to order eggs, lovely made to order Asian soups and much more. Drinks are cheap at full price (cocktails $4) and amazing value during happy hour from 6pm to 8pm ( half price).

The pool area is very nice. Large modern pool with lounge beds. Also lovely lounge beds up under cover near the restaurant. They have cushions etc - they look too nice to sit on in wet bathers but we were assured that is what they are for. Very nice.

The hotel has its own Tuk tuks. $3 (US) per ride into the night markets, pub street etc.

The staff are excellent - they cannot do enough for you. You won't regret staying here.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Long over due for this review, but I miss this place. Awesome staff, great place. Want to visit again. My entire visit at this hotel was magnificent. Rooms are comfortably big, the staff are very helpful and professional.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a Premier room for 3 nights. For this wonderful room I payed only $ 267 for my total stay. Breakfast was included as well as a pick-up and drop-off service at the airport.

The room: very spacious and both a luxurious and traditional feel. The bed was the most comfortable I slept in during all my trips in Asia. The bathroom is great too, with a separate shower and a nice bath.

Breakfast: everything you expect is there. Super quality and superfresh.

Dinner: my first night I had dinner here and it was so so. Usually I don't dine in the hotel and now I remember why.

Tour: I had pre-booked a tour but it fell through. The hotel helpt me out instantly with a 2 day package and after only 30 minutes I was on my way. Both the driver and the guide were excellent.

Problems: only thing I encountered during my stay was a problem with the wifi in my room, but after giving notice of this the staff fixed it right away.

Conclusion: if you visit Siem Reap I strongly recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed 5 nights here. Professional and friendly staff. Room is big, but not for people who like contemporary style. Its all wood which is common in Cambodia.
Breakfast buffet is good. Near Pub street and Angkor areas, highly accessible via tuk-tuk.

Highly recommended.