We only managed to stay 1 night instead of 2 because Agoda messed up our booking. The desk manager Moon was very helpful and despite all efforts, we were unable to stay for the 2nd night and had to look for alternative hotel.
Staff waited patiently for guests at the arriving hall (though we waited for like 20 mins because Agoda cancelled our bookings without our knowledge, but the hotel was kind enough to immediately arrange for another hotel car to fetch us from the airport.) Hotel is grand like any 5 star hotel. When we arrived at the hotel we were served with refreshing lemongrass drink and green bean deserts, while the desk manager was helping us to settle the booking. We booked a room for 3 and was given an extra bed. Room and bathroom were clean and very neat. We had a balcony that over looked the pool but the pool seems small. Breakfast spread was good, with international and local choices. Rooms had free wifi with good connections.
Though we hardly stayed for more than 24 hours, we checked the surrounding and noted that there were several night markets around the hotels. It is quite accessible, with lots of tuk tuk available, though some bargaining needed but as long as your price is reasonable, the tuk tuk drivers are pretty honest people (afterall they are earning a living, not much to be honest) and will bring you to your destination. Do remember to get the hotel staff to speak to the tuk tuk driver of your destination before you hop onto one as most drivers speak very limited English.
A hotel that I would recommend given its good location and attentive staff, and would love to stay for a longer period.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Borei Angkor Resort & Spa is the one and only most reviewed hotel in Siem Reap Cambodia given by more than 4,200 travelers reviews on TripAdvisor making Borei Angkor the most popular and chosen hotel to stay in Siem Reap while visiting the UNESCO world heritage site of Angkor Wat. Aptly named after 'a territory of Angkor', Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, a truly Cambodia 5 star hotel is set right in the center of Siem Reap, ideally situated within 15 minutes drive either from Siem Reap International Airport or to Angkor Wat, and only 5 minutes drive to Siem Reap downtown including Pub Street, shopping malls, Angkor Night Market, local restaurants and bars, and other nearby local attractions in Siem Reap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Borei Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borei Angkor Hotel Siem Reap
- Borei Angkor Resort And Spa
- Borei Angkor Siem Reap