We stayed here for 1 week and found it to be 5* in every way.
The room was large and had everything we needed - plug sockets, minibar, fruit bowl, TV, hairdryer, complimentary toiletries etc. The bed was large and very comfortable and there was plenty of space. There was a safe in the wardrobe as well as dressing gowns and slippers we could use. Lots of storage space so we could unpack properly. The balcony was a good size with a lovely view over the roofs of Siem Reap.
Occasionally we had a lie-in but House Keeping were happy to come even at 2 or 3pm - I'm sure they would have come any time of day to be honest!
Food and Drink:
The cocktails were amazing! We tried quite a few and they were all made really well. There were quite a lot of food options at the different restaurants. There wasn't always a vegetarian option which I fancied so they made me something special when I asked. There could have been a few more vegetarian options as standard but that would be my only gripe. Breakfast had a vast array of choices: there was an egg station (they cooked poached eggs to perfection), crepe station, fruit, cereals, yoghurts, meats, noodle station, breads.... you name it they had it. It was also open to a decent time so we didn't have to get up early.
The pool was beautiful with lovely water and lovely plants, trees and flowers around it. You could get a decent swim if you wanted to do lengths but there was also plenty of room for people to play or just enjoy the water as well. We were easily able to get sun loungers everyday and were given 2 towels to use - some hotels are very stingy but these were just given to us. I think you could have had more if you'd wanted but we were fine with 2. Some of the loungers were flat but had a lovely traditional pillow you used to sit up with. These were our favourites as they were on a wooden platform so you had plenty of space to put everything - but space was never an issue anywhere.
The hotel is very convenient for visiting Angkor Wat or the old town and tuk-tuks were available at all times: you just asked the doorman and they would get one to come up to the hotel door for you. It only took 10 minutes or so to get to the old town and it was a lovely ride. You could also book tours from the hotel; we booked a private temples tour by tuk-tuk and it was so worth the money: we looked at other tour operators in town but booking it from the hotel was the best option and also meant we got exactly what we wanted.
Cleanliness, friendliness etc:
The hotel was spotless at all times and beautifully decorated. Nothing was too much trouble including nice cool face cloths when you arrived (any time you arrived!). The staff were all very friendly, genuinely friendly and happy to help and also, when we asked, tell us about themselves. I found all Cambodians to be very nice and not in a cynical 'nice to tourists' way you get in so many other places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Borei Angkor Resort & Spa is the one and only most reviewed hotel in Siem Reap Cambodia given by thousands of travelers' reviews on TripAdvisor making Borei Angkor the most popular and chosen hotel to stay in Siem Reap while visiting the UNESCO world heritage site of Angkor Wat. Aptly named after 'a territory of Angkor', Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, a truly Cambodia 5 star hotel in Siem Reap is set right in the center of Siem Reap, ideally situated within 15 minutes drive either from Siem Reap International Airport or to Angkor Wat, and only 5 minutes drive to Siem Reap downtown including Pub Street, shopping malls, Angkor Night Market, local restaurants and bars, and other nearby local attractions in Siem Reap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Borei Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borei Angkor Hotel Siem Reap
- Borei Angkor Resort And Spa
- Borei Angkor Siem Reap