I usually look through Tripadvisor for comments leading to me choosing the hotel, and so far I have not been "surprised". However perhaps because of the glowing reviews of this hotel, I was sorely disappointed. The hotel is has seen better days. I would rate it 3 star.
The staff are nice but this is to be expected in most asian countries.
We had free transfer to and fro hotel and complimentary spa massage. I paid for a hot coconut hair treatment and a body scrub. Medicocre for a resort and SPA hotel. My "masseur" was an odd girl that obviously does not know how to do massage and to top it off, asked/pleaded with me for tip. Its really quite disturbing and sad as at Angkor itself, there were so many children and young kids going around begging for money in exchange for trinkets, etc. I certainly didn't thk it extends to a hotel.
The bathtub in my room had obvious stains, the lights were very dim for the whole room (perhaps this is usual), the sink's stopper doesn't work. The 2nd day we were there, when we came back to the hotel, we found a key card in our room, left there inserted in the box. No one came to claim the card.
The breakfast was good but it was the same exact spread for the three mornings that we were there.
The "business" centre is the worse business centre I have seen in a resort and spa. But they give free internet, so i am appreciative of it.
In gist, just don't expect too much from this hotel and you will be fine. The location is good and for what we paid (US95 (tax incld.)per nite), it was alright. And, don't pay for the spa treatments, its not worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Borei Angkor Resort & Spa is the one and only most reviewed hotel in Siem Reap Cambodia given by more than 4,200 travelers reviews on TripAdvisor making Borei Angkor the most popular and chosen hotel to stay in Siem Reap while visiting the UNESCO world heritage site of Angkor Wat. Aptly named after 'a territory of Angkor', Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, a truly Cambodia 5 star hotel is set right in the center of Siem Reap, ideally situated within 15 minutes drive either from Siem Reap International Airport or to Angkor Wat, and only 5 minutes drive to Siem Reap downtown including Pub Street, shopping malls, Angkor Night Market, local restaurants and bars, and other nearby local attractions in Siem Reap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Agoda, Southall Travel, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Borei Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borei Angkor Hotel Siem Reap
- Borei Angkor Resort And Spa
- Borei Angkor Siem Reap