“Great flat white !”

Ranked #80 of 971 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Known for its superb coffee and a distinctly inner city vibe, The Hive is a bustling social hub for expats and tourists alike. Since its conception in 2013, this Australian owned, locally managed cafe has cemented itself as Siem Reap favourite. If you're a coffee lover, a brunch goer, a juice detoxer, or simply looking for a touch of home, The Hive awaits.
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

With the risk of sounding pretentious I've really missed my daily flat white of back home and the coffee of Cambodia and Vietnam is an acquired taste to say the least (a syrupy sweet concoction). Saw the reviews in Trip Advisor and had to try for myself. This is the best flat white I've had since leaving the UK! As good as any you would get in a really nice coffee shop anywhere. Highly recommended for anyone missing good tasting coffee away from home.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Visited the Hive while in Siem Reap in September. Had a great pizza and a glass of wine. Friendly staff and really good pizza.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

My husband and i just got back from Cambodia and we went to the Hive 2 days in a row. The food was so good that we had to go back the next day! We were not disappointed. The curry roti with vegetables and chicken was amazing. The food is very fresh and I would highly recommend this cafe/restaurant. The ambience is great and it was lovely chatting to the Australian owners. Thanks Clayton for introducing me to Coffee Martinis. YUM !!! Cheers Di and Grant

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We went out of our way to go to this place, having seen all the great reviews. After that build-up, it was pretty disappointing. I don't have any specific complaints - it just wasn't that good. The staff were very nice and the food was decent, but that's about it. The food was just ok, and actually quite pricey, compared to other local restaurants. The coffee was fine but again, nothing special. I don't see what all the fuss is about. Maybe go if you want western food?

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We went to the Hive in early January based on TA reviews and we were pleased with our choice. This is run by Australians and is a hipster-slash-backpacker haven. We sat on cushions (no chairs) in the loft and had excellent coffee, pancakes (also excellent), and a delicious chicken and vegetable curry-esque concoction (can't remember its name!). The service from the Cambodian server was good. We spoke to one of the Australian owners, and while he seemed a bit unfriendly and pretentious, I imagine he gets sick of the largely Australian clientele wanting to ask all about his experiences as an ex-pat. We would definitely eat here again for the atmosphere and the food.