“Better to Eat In than Take Away?” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 847 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe, Australian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Known for its superb coffee and a distinctly inner city vibe, the Hive is a bustling social hub for expats and tourists alike. Since its conception in 2013, this Australian owned, locally managed cafe has cemented itself as Siem Reap favourite. If you're a coffee lover, a brunch goer, a juice detoxer, or simply looking for a touch of home, the Hive awaits.
Seattle
“Better to Eat In than Take Away?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

After a couple of months in Asia, we were hungering for some sandwhiches and found our way here after reading all the reviews. We were doing take out as we needed to pack and head to the airport. I think that eating in might have been faster. We shopped around on the street while we waited the 20 minutes we were told it would take. I think that estimate was about right. I ordered the quick pick me up (juice) and it was good. My son and husband ordered the ceasar wrap and it does have anchovies in the dressing which some may love and others not. My daughter ordered a hamburger and only ate a couple of bites - I think it was a veggie burger! We weren't really sure after we got it home because we didn't have a menu to look at. My chicken burger was good but not amazing. I don't remember which sandwiches my other 2 daughters got but probably ham and cheese. They were grilled and they only ate part of them. It just wasn't all that great for the price tag. Having been in the shop to pick up the food I will say that the ambience is great. I wish I had time to go back and try the coffee and pizza! I think our expectations were just too high about the sandwiches and burgers!

• 2 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Great flat white !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

With the risk of sounding pretentious I've really missed my daily flat white of back home and the coffee of Cambodia and Vietnam is an acquired taste to say the least (a syrupy sweet concoction). Saw the reviews in Trip Advisor and had to try for myself. This is the best flat white I've had since leaving the UK! As good as any you would get in a really nice coffee shop anywhere. Highly recommended for anyone missing good tasting coffee away from home.

Melbourne, Australia
“Great atmosphere and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Visited the Hive while in Siem Reap in September. Had a great pizza and a glass of wine. Friendly staff and really good pizza.

• Visited September 2013
melbourne
“Fabulous Coffee Martini and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

My husband and i just got back from Cambodia and we went to the Hive 2 days in a row. The food was so good that we had to go back the next day! We were not disappointed. The curry roti with vegetables and chicken was amazing. The food is very fresh and I would highly recommend this cafe/restaurant. The ambience is great and it was lovely chatting to the Australian owners. Thanks Clayton for introducing me to Coffee Martinis. YUM !!! Cheers Di and Grant

Dublin, Ireland
“Fine, but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

We went out of our way to go to this place, having seen all the great reviews. After that build-up, it was pretty disappointing. I don't have any specific complaints - it just wasn't that good. The staff were very nice and the food was decent, but that's about it. The food was just ok, and actually quite pricey, compared to other local restaurants. The coffee was fine but again, nothing special. I don't see what all the fuss is about. Maybe go if you want western food?