“I loved it! super staff and food also for a good cause and they don't brag about it!”
Review of Kafu Resort & Spa

Kafu Resort & Spa
Ranked #87 of 493 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

hotel under rennovation. staff super good and the food os worth the money!! i had khmer soup and rice for lunch it was really tasty.

Pool is great is salted so less chlorine! the do a free pick up from bus station.

the profit of the hotel feeds back to the ngo which teaches the deaf and dumb to do apsara dancing! they come every wendnesday to the hotel at high seasons! the founder of the hotel wrote the book healing Cambodia!

overall tuktuk experience was good but if you have problems with tuktuks let them know in the office and they will often tell you what is a fair price! and negotiate for you!

will recommend for friends and family with small children and couples! is in a safe and quiet neighbourhood away from pub street.

• Stayed June 2013
Olivier A, Manager at Kafu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Thank you for your nice comment. Like mentioned Bénito one of the owner of La Noria has created the Krousar Thmey (new family in Khmer) association 22 years ago in Cambodia. Today Krousar Thmey supports about 4000 underprivileged children across the country and has built all the school for blind and deaf children in Cambodia. The adventure of Krousar Thmey is detailed in the book "Healing Cambodia one child at a time". Every Wednesday some children of the association perform a shadow puppet theater and traditional dances at La Noria and it's a great moment. Thank you for feed back and we will love to welcome you again here at La Noria.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Zurich
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We stayed one week at La Noria and had a wonderful time. Coming 'home' after spending some hours in the heat admiring the temple ruins was amazing: swimming in the pool, relaxing in the shade and having delicious food at the Hotel Restaurant. We walked by foot to the 'city center' thanks to the convenient location. We highly recommend this beautiful Hotel and the great restaurant.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Olivier A, Manager at Kafu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Thank you for your nice comments. I always appreciate to get your feed back. I have told the chef your lovely comments. We will be very happy to welcoming you again, thank you.
Brownsville, OR
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We stayed 4 nights at La Noria to photograph the ruins of Angkor. Mrs. Sreymom reserved a van and driver at a very reasonable price-- Mr. Channy was wonderful. The rooms are simple but very functional and comfortable--both fans and AC. The grounds are a tropical garden and the pool was perfect after a hot day of exploring. We ate at many restaurants around town but the upstairs open-air hotel restaurant was one of our favorites--best fish amok we had. Everyone was friendly and helpful, especially Oliver, the French manager who personified hospitality to the traveler. Try to stay over a Wednesday night when a children's organization presents a wonderful cultural program.

Room Tip: Request ground floor room if steep stairs are a problem.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Olivier A, Manager at Kafu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Thank you for your nice comments. It has been a pleasure to have you and to get your feed back. I have informed the chef about your compliments. Indeed I know how the staff do their best to make the guest at La Noria enjoy fully their stay. You mentioned the shadow puppet theater and traditional dances performed by the children of the Krousar Thmey association every Wednesday evening in our restaurant and I was happy you enjoyed it. We hope we will welcome you again at La Noria, sincerely, Olivier
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Very good experience, great location close to everything
The staff is great very friendly, we hire a driver thru them and he took us everywhere his english was basic but you can comunicate very well
The price is very good and the breakfast is excellent
I booked a massage appointment with one of the blind professional technician and it was very good plus you know you are helping this kids to become better and earn a good way of living
the lights were out one of the nights and it was very hot and uncomfortable but besides that it was good

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alona13
Olivier A, Manager at Kafu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Thank you for you nice comment and feedback. I am very pleased of your remarks concerning the staff and their effort. As for the electricity shortage your experienced one of the evening during your stay, I am deeply sorry. It has been happening a couple time last season in Siem Reap but luckily it seems better nowadays. Thank you as well for your comment on the quality of the massage provided by our professional blind masseur. I will tell the hotel staff your lovely comments and we all hope to welcoming you again at La Noria.
new york
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I had a very good experience here. Great location near the restaurants and shopping. The staff recommended a biking trip that brought me to the countryside (I had already been to Siem Reap twice before, so they were able to recommend non-temple ideas at my request). Each of the 3 people they recommended for services I needed were great: 1) the tuk tuk driver they sent for my bus arrival was right there when I arrived; 2) the bike guide (Perrin - sp?) brought me to some rugged and very local terrain; 3) the long distance car & driver were right on time, and very cordial.

The room itself was nothing eventful. One more thing I truly appreciated. When the staff knew I was leaving early on my last morning, they offered breakfast to go. I can't think of anyone else who would be so kind to offer that. Very nice staff!

Room Tip: An upstairs room seems more secluded - at least mine was.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Olivier A, Manager at Kafu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Thanks a lot for your nice comment, It is nice to get your feed back.
I am very pleased to hear you appreciated the small details and the efforts of my staff. They do a great job, thank you. As for the taxi driver being right on time, I think you got lucky on that one.
Thank you for your stay and will be happy to welcome you again.
Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed in La Noria before christmas and we felt really confortable and relaxed. Everything was great...the location, the service, nice and wonderful helpful stuff, a beautiful small swimming pool for to cool down. We appreciated this place. The stuff recommended us a tuk-tuk driver and an interested great guide to Angkor! We had a really good time in Siam Reap! Thank you La Noria!

• Stayed December 2012
Olivier A, Manager at Kafu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
I am pleased to hear you had a nice stay with us, thank you for your nice comment. As well, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with our selected tuktuk driver and guide. They always do their best and are so pleasant to be around. With all the staff of La Noria, we are looking forward to welcoming you again. Olivier
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2013

A delightful hotel, simple, clean and comfortable but it was the friendly staff who made our stay so special. The area was queit but close enough to get to the places we wished to visit. the staff were really helpful with advise on places to visit and how best to get there. The pool was great after the warm mornings exploring the temples and the staff available to provide massages were wonderful. Thank you to all of you and best of luck..

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathryn C
Olivier A, General Manager at Kafu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 February 2013
Dear Kathryn, thank you for your comments. Be sure that I will tell the hotel staff your lovely comments and we all hope to welcoming you again at La Noria.