“Great place to stay with a worthy cause!”
Review of Shinta Mani Angkor

Shinta Mani Angkor
Ranked #15 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 21 November 2007

My husband and I stayed at the hotel with our two children, a 2 1/2 yr old and a 4 mo old. The staff were amazing with trying to meet all of our needs from finding high chairs to making special meals for my son. Everyone was extremely friendly and wanted to get to know the kids as well as us as a way to make our stay more relaxing. I tried the spa and found the treatments above average but the head and shoulder massge was fantastic! We did have some difficulty with mosquitos in our room even though we plugged in the mosquito device and put spray on the kids. I would have liked to have seen more fogging to combat the problem. Overall the staff was nice, the room comfortable, and the money went to a worthy cause which is the whole reason we stayed there. It felt great knowing that the money was going back into the community, not into some outsiders pocket. It's worth the money!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank SingaporeAllens
There are newer reviews for Shinta Mani Angkor

Reviewed 21 November 2007

I stayed at Shinta Mani for 4 nights in November on my first visit to Siem Reap. I didn't want to stay in one of the enormous international hotels now springing up in Siem Reap - I wanted a smaller, boutique hotel-type experience and this is exactly what I got. Beautifully decorated yet unpretentious rooms with great air conditioning and super-comfy beds combined with charming staff, a small but perfect pool and a nice bar area for a perfect stay. Make sure that you enquire about the school where they are training young people to build careers in the hotel industry - it is a visit well worth experiencing.
If you get a chance whilst in Siem Reap you could also make a donation at the Kantha Bopha blood bank at the local hospital - leave behind something of real and lasting value.

Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank KanthaBopha
Reviewed 19 November 2007

From the beautifully decorated and well appointed rooms to the warm and friendly service, the Shinta Mani is by far the best hotel I have experienced in all my travels. The massage and spa is top quality and worth every penny. My partner and I stayed for 3 nights. We had a wonderfully relaxing time and thoroughly enjoyed the pampering we were so expertly provided with. The cold towels after a day out in the heat was one of those little touches that made such a difference. We certainly did not feel like a number to the hotel staff, but guests.

The hotel is centrally located to the market areas (walking distance - 10 mins) and great little restaurants. We ate at the hotel where they served great food, but also tried the other places around. The hotel was the perfect springboard to the temples. We had a hotel arranged tuk tuk driver who was very professional and friendly! We had a great trip getting around to look pretty much all the big temples and saw the sunrise too! Absolutely exhilarating to speed along in the chilled pre-dawn air!

We participated in the hotel's community program, donating a water well to a family in need. The hotel made every effort to have it ready in time for my visit, and the trip out to the village was life changing. To see the difference my little donation made just compelled me to want to help further. The busy management even took time out to discuss ideas I had for possible improvements to the programs. I was touched by their dedication, not just to running the hospitality school, but their genuine efforts to make a difference to the living conditions of the villages around them. Seeing how nervous these students were on "Student Night", and how eager they were to do well reaffirmed my decision to stay at the Shinta Mani despite knowing they were undergoing renovations.

I can't stress enough how great you'll feel, not just physically but emotionally and psychologically, when you stay at the Shinta Mani and participate in their community program. I can't wait to get back and help out more when I next have the opportunity! Make YOUR difference now!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Team_Mesh
Reviewed 15 November 2007

Siem Reap is exploding with new hotels and it's hard to tell one from the other. But the Shinta Mani is a boutique hotel with a difference. Just 18 rooms with a superb restaurant, staff and service. We were more than happy with our experience and cannot recommend this hotel highly enough if you are looking for a family atmosphere together with grand hotel luxury. A hotel school is attached to the Shinta Mani and so your stay makes a direct financial contribution to the training of young cambodians which is also nice to know.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2007

We have just returned from a two night stay. The room was not ready when we arrived at 11am and we could not gain access until 12.45pm (check out time is noon). No worries because the pool area is very tranquil and the pool menu adequate. The rooms are well appointed and nicely decorated. Breakfast was adequate but make sure you have a better take away breakfast than we did if you go to see the sunrise at Angkor Wat - ours was appalling and the hotel apologised. Internet is free but slow. A very nice first floor lounge area. Good location with plenty of tuc tuc's available.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2007

My husband and I stayed at Shinta Mani for 3 nights in September 2007. We were treated like royalty and had the most unbelievable stay in Siem Reap.
The staff were friendly, went out of their way to accommodate our needs and were just fantastic and hospitable. The best was that they always had genuine smiles on their faces.
The food was awesome. Really well prepared, tasty and presented beautifully. Service was brilliant as well.
Rooms were great. (We had a room with a view of the pool)
Aside from supporting an excellent and worthy cause by staying here, we can most definitely recommend this establishment to anyone that is visiting Siem Reap.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sam027
Reviewed 1 October 2007

I just got back from a trip to Hong Kong, Macau, Cambodia, and China, and Shinta Mani was the best part of the entire trip. The service was exquisite, the room was beautiful and spotless, the pool was crystal clear and lovely, the spa services were outstanding (especially Marina), and the food in the restaurant was delicious all 4 times we ate there. The tours and drivers they arranged for us were also excellent. We felt like royalty from the moment we arrived until the moment we left, and the price was a bargain. On top of everything, we felt like we were helping the community by staying there since the employees are part of the hospitality school training program. I can't say enough wonderful things about Shinta Mani. I wish every hotel was like that.

• Stayed: September 2007