Visited for a quick weekend away without the family. Staff was very helpful in arranging tours and transportation. People remembered my name (perhaps because there were few guests at the time) and were attentive to any request I had.
- Brand new and super clean, I may have been the first person to stay in the room I had
- Location: close to Pub Street and restaurants in Siem Reap. Everything is walkable, but a tuk tuk is easier after a long day walking the temples
- Hotel donates proceeds to local community and has a small classroom inside to educate locals
- Breakfast (free with room) was very good; omelette, eggs benedict and waffles (not all on the same day) were all cooked perfectly
- Going in off season and staying at a new hotel meant I was one of a few guests. Over four days I may have seen four or five other guests in total
- Bed and pillows were excellent. I hear some beds in Cambodia are too hard, but the one I slept on was similar to any western style hotel
- It is a new hotel and is still working out a few kinks. Service staff get an A for effort, but still need a little more training and experience, which should come with time
- If you want a French-Indochina feel, this hotel is more modern
Bottom line: I would stay here again, perhaps not with my family as the pool is a bit small for the little kids, though in low season you will have it to yourself. I would expect that after one busy season when the staff has gained a bit more experience this place will be perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shinta Mani Angkor is an upscale boutique property in the French Quarter of Siem Reap town. It boasts 39 contemporary designed rooms and public spaces in a European style with Khmer inspiration. This exceptional hotel enjoys a tranquil and leafy setting just a 15 minute tuktuk ride from the magnificent temples of Angkor Wat. Shinta Mani Angkor, with a culture of Open Doors, Open Hearts, reflects its commitment to responsible tourism. The staff hope that during your visit you will open your heart to the beauty of the Kingdom of Cambodia, its gentle people and its fascinating culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Shinta Mani Angkor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shinta Mani Siem Reap