Shinta Mani Angkor
US$196
US$191
Nita by Vo Luxury Hotel(Siem Reap)
US$126
US$97
US$93
US$94
US$92
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
US$299
US$185
US$79
US$50
US$150
US$146
Agoda.com
3,287 results
All reviewswelcome homekroya restaurantlarger pooljasmine scentedcold towelslocal communitytuk tukbeautiful hotelmoment you arriveboutique hotelmini barsister hotelmobile phonedeluxe roomamazing servicequiet streetpool side
Reviewed 31 August 2013

The hotel service is really excellent. Guest could enjoy many choices yummy Breakfast before start the day trip. We enjoy a very comfortable spa and massage after visiting . Sincerely recommend this hotel to guys who want to visit siem. :)

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank dohdohcat
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Shinta Mani is up there with the best hotel experiences I've had. The very friendly and helpful staff made the stay most enjoyable. Their english is better than a lot of 5 star hotel chains in other parts of the world, and all staff engage in conversations and are willing to teach local words and phrases. The decor is beautiful...modern and stylish yet absolutely comfortable. The location is quiet, yet only a short walk from the main city area. A wonderful compliment to a great hotel is the development centre which provides education and careers to locals...very commendable in a developing city.
I highly recommend Shinta Mani to the tourist, honeymooner, business traveller...everyone!!!! I will stay here again for certain!!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I've stayed at many big five star hotels and a number of up-market boutique hotels and Shinta Mani is up there with the best. I stayed in the Shinta Mani Club part of the hotel which is smaller and more boutique than the Shinta Mani Resort directly across the road. I checked out the resort which also looked stylish and modern. It has a much bigger pool which Club residents can use as an alternative to the lap pool in the Club. (We were more than happy with the club pool and used it for our entire stay).

Stylish:
The whole hotel from reception to public areas to the rooms has a feel of modern simplicity. Extremely stylish without sacrificing comfort. It appeared to me that the design very cleverly and subtly references the surrounding temples in a modern and clean-lined way.

The bathroom was great, including an enormous shower area with a rain-head shower.

Rooms had a large LCD TV and sound system with an Ipod dock.

The brand new resort section of the hotel (it had only been opened a week when we arrived) has been designed to compliment the Club and has the same stylish look, albeit larger.

Service:
Choose your own favourite superlatives: the service here outdoes any 5 star hotel I have stayed in. Sure the staff are attentive in most quality hotels but this one really surpassed anything I have experienced. There is an incredible gentleness about the Cambodian people and this was reflected in the service we received. Every contact accompanied by a warm and friendly smile (never a service-weary expectation). Staying at the smaller club for a week meant staff got to know us and even attempted to encourage our appalling Khmer language skills. We looked forward to our return from the temples or town each day to be welcomed by a friendly and familiar face with a cold towel as we disembarked our car or tuk-tuk.

Managers also went out of their way each day to come and say hello when they would see us and enquire about our travels and to provide advice if required.

The day I arrived i went to reception to check out how I might contact another hotel where some other friends were staying. The manager offered and then rang the hotel on his mobile. My offer to have it charged to my room was waved off with a friendly smile. Another day he covered our lunch when, after we had sat down and ordered, a road crew unexpectedly started some road works. The noise only lasted 5 minutes and we were too focussed on our cocktails and photos to notice. But it was typical of the attentive service we received.

When we came down to reception on the morning of our trip to Angkor Wat for sunrise a pot of coffee, croissants and pain au chocolat was waiting for a quick 4.30am snack before we collected our breakfast boxes to head out.

Restaurant and Bars:
The food was delicious and very well priced. As a comparator - a standard club sandwich by the pool or restaurant was $8 (US). The balance of Western and local food on the menu was good. We ate out most nights for the variety and to experience a wider selection of local food, but were still tempted to quite a few leisurely lunches at the resort.

The restaurant has internal and external seating. The external seating includes large swinging day beds (seat four) and many an hour was spent here grazing and drinking.

The poolside bar at the club and the upstairs bar both mixed a wide range of cocktails and had a good selection of wines. Food was available at the bar and pool. Again the service was great.

Every time we sat by the pool we were provided a complimentary watermelon juice ice-block and large glasses of water were regularly replenished. I long for one of those icy-poles as I type!

Location:
Great spot for a relaxed stay with access to everything. There were four of us staying at this location and we had some other friends who stayed in the centre of town near Pub Street. That area was too loud for my liking. You could walk from Shinta Mani to Pub Street (it is around 8 large blocks away) but a tuk-tuk (always available outside the hotel) only costs $2 each way.

The Foreign Correspondents Club is just around the corner as an alternative for a social drink or bite to eat and the hotel is situated on the way out of town toward the main temples.

Temples:
A Tuk-Tuk from the hotel out to the main temples is $12 for a half day. We did a combination of exploring with a tuk-tuk on our own and 2 days with a guide through a big tour company. The combination was good as you get a different experience with each.

I stayed for a week with my three friends arriving after the first 3 days.

Most people only spend 2-3 days in Siem Reap to explore Angkor Wat and the other temples and you see them racing through. The temples really are spectacular and well worth spending more time at if you can. I enjoyed taking a tuk-tuk out for just a few hours and spending it all at just one or two temples knowing that I could come back day after day without rushing. Having said that, having a guide for 2 very full days gave us a great deal more information about the temples and insight into the life of recent and contemporary Cambodia. It is well worth heading out of town with a guide to Boeng Malea and Banteay Srei. The first overgrown and green, the second delicately carved and pink.

My partner was unable to make this trip, but I am determined we will return together to this wonderful hotel for at least 10 days to visit the temples together but with plenty of time to spend exploring more of the area and enjoying the comforts of this most perfect of boutique hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank g6rry
Reviewed 29 August 2013

quite place, with excellent service. Stayed here for almost two weeks and found it had everything I needed as a business traveler. It is near the center and far enough to be away from the noise etc.

large bedroom, good bad room and impeccable laundry service. Only the breakfast started to become somewhat predictable after two weeks.

Big city hotel with a personal touch.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2013

A really interesting hotel. The decor is mostly black and white and quite minimalist. I liked it as it was very individual, not like the large hotel groups. The staff were fantastic always there to help but never on top of you. The bedrooms are individually designed with huge bathrooms and a large balcony many of which overlook the impressive indoor swimming pool. The location is excellent in a quiet street, five minutes by tuk tuk to the main restaurant and shopping area. Angkor Wat and all the other temples are also within easy reach. All in all a great little hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends