I booked the Discovery Package at the Club with Deluxe Rooms and found it to be amazing value. This hotel understands how to treat its guests well and no hidden extras to annoy you :)
- Good variety for breakfast with the usual lovely fresh juices, fruit and pastries...I only discovered their mini donuts on the last day and they were freakin soooo delish. Better than their pancakes and waffles. Cooked food on demand was also great quality and unlimited which meant you could enjoy your eggs and try a local breakfast dish at the same time.
- The hotel offers a sampling of pastries, coffee and tea from as early as 430am for those who are doing the sunrise tours/Angkor visits. This is such a great value add and really made a difference for us, as we could get something in our tummys, enjoy our sightseeing and still come back to a full breakfast at the hotel afterwards. Total perfection.
- Service was impeccable, very friendly staff and always doing their best to accommodate our needs. Must give a mention to Mr Paul Ung who's the Guest Relations Mgr and being able to speak Mandarin to my parents really made a difference to their stay. He really looked after us and made us feel at home.
- Quality of food was excellent throughout, excellent effort on the dinner Tasting Menu of Kroya with such great presentation. I guess it's a little on the pricey side but we had ours thrown into the Discovery Package so that was value for us. Only thing we noted would be that the food served at the Resort side for lunch - had rather tiny portions which meant having to order more food and making it our most expensive meal in our trip. Maybe they cld consider upping the portions.
- There are no lifts in this hotel and unfortunately this was a tough one for my parents who are 70 years old. Three flights of stairs to the top each time was exhausting for them. Also for our room (218) we were facing a field with the locals playing volleyball thru-out the day - lotsa cheering and rowdy noise, basically making it hard to nap or rest after returning from a very early morning Temple tour. I'd suggest asking for the Room 213 - that side doesn't face the field.
- Final note was sadly the amount of mosquitoes around, despite the hotel's efforts to fog. I guess it's hard for them to control this aspect, but we had mozzies in our room and I was bitten and woken up every night which was a bit miserable considering having to wake up early to sightsee. Wld be great if they cld address the amount of insects overall around the property.
Overall as my husband is an architect, we had high expectations for a Bill Bensley designed hotel and this was nearly there, but perhaps fell a tiny bit short in the luxury boutique category. Serving instant Nescafe sachets in your room is a little 3 star rather than 5 star hehe! Spa/Massage was nice but you'll notice the lack of ambience in the spa room itself. It was the little things that still leave room for improvement, but the service was definitely there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shinta Mani Angkor is an upscale boutique property in the French Quarter of Siem Reap town. It boasts 39 contemporary designed rooms and public spaces in a European style with Khmer inspiration. This exceptional hotel enjoys a tranquil and leafy setting just a 15 minute tuktuk ride from the magnificent temples of Angkor Wat. Shinta Mani Angkor, with a culture of Open Doors, Open Hearts, reflects its commitment to responsible tourism. The staff hope that during your visit you will open your heart to the beauty of the Kingdom of Cambodia, its gentle people and its fascinating culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Shinta Mani Angkor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shinta Mani Siem Reap