“Really outstanding”
Review of Shinta Mani Angkor

Shinta Mani Angkor
Ranked #16 of 373 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We are finishing our 3 night stay at Shinta Mani, a delightful hotel in every way. The staff is the best we have experienced in SE Asia, and in many other places we have traveled around the world. Everyone greets us with a smile, asking how our day, our night's sleep, our breakfast was. When we head out to see the sights, we are handed cold bottled water; when we return we are given a cold wash cloth and more water! English is spoken well by all the staff.

The room was very comfortable and the bed was firm. The nightly clean up and basket of cookies were welcomed!

I think our biggest surprise was the food. Many hotels serve barely passable food, but not this one. The food was outstanding! The credit goes to Chef Chanrith. He chooses only the freshest ingredients from the market very early each morning and then plans his $31 pp seven course menu for dinner. The food is fresh, light, balanced in taste and creatively prepared. The textures he includes in each dish make each course a real experience. We heartily suggest trying it....we are sure you won't be disappointed.

And breakfasts are great as well. There is a buffet but one can also order from a full menu. I discovered the pureed mango covered with fresh yogurt and couldn't get enough of it. Fresh fruits, meats, all sorts of breads and 3-4 hot dishes ( might be str fried noodles with vegetables and eggs and steamed buns one day, and fried rice with eggs and congee another day) are on the buffet. And one can order eggs, bacon, waffles, pancakes, you name it, from the menu.

Chef Chanwith oversees 3 kitchens, and in addition to feeding all the guests, he feeds the staff of 275 three meals a day! This fellow and his staff are very talented and deserve a lot of credit for the good work they do!

In short, if we were to return to Siem Reap, we would absolutely stay here again. The place is clean, quiet and very service oriented, and the food is delicious!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,138)

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Siem Reap is an amazing place with nice people, great Angkor Wat, and every thing with good price. Shinta Mani definitely contributes. Very impressed with the hospitality of Shinta Mani. Good staff, good food, service. We stayed from Nov 3 - 7 for 4 nights in garden pool access room. It is the best hotel ever visited. Staff serve us with heart, unexpected service like twice room cleaning per day, choices of breakfast, soft drink for swim, welcome cookies per day...all these surprise me and my wife. Special thanks to Savoey for his kind input and booking of dinner! Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The Shinta Mani Siem Reap. Not much to say really. It's very simple, best hotel experience I have ever had in Cambodia, best hotel experience I have ever had anywhere really. Amazing facilities, better than expected food, great pool, wonderful relaxing room, but mostly truly world class caring careful attentive staff. I can not say enough good about this place so I will leave it at this, Simply The Best. Brilliant. Thank you Shinta Mani.

Room Tip: ground floor right next to the pool
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank monkeyBoyKatmandu
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I chose to stay at Shinta Mani because of its modern, stylish and clean environment. I am a frequent traveler with high expectations. I had high expectations of this hotel. When we arrived, we were elated to find that this hotel did not just fulfill our expectations but the friendly service staff that greeted us at the entrance, the front desk as well as, the rest of the staff that we met along the way, were warm, engaging and, most importantly, they were smiling. The room was spacious and very clean. I was impressed by the fresh scent of flowers when we entered. So warm and so welcoming.

I would really recommend Shinta Mani if you want a pleasant getaway whenever you visit Cambodia. Amazing!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PatrickTerenceLim
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We chose the Shinta Mani Club hotel based on trip advisor reviews, and even the glowing reviews don't adequately describe how great it was to stay here. I have never received service like this! The staff are warm, genuine, and caring. They show amazing attention to detail in everything from flower arrangements, cool, scented towels on your return, housekeeping, nightly turndown, and more. We were almost embarrassed by the kindness and attention. We arrived on a late night flight from Seoul, and they picked us up, checked us in on the ride to the hotel, walked us directly to our room, and even called to make sure we didn't need a late-night snack. Daily breakfast was included in our room rate, and it was a hotel breakfast worth mentioning! There was a well-edited menu of Asian and western choices, with accompaniments served in a continental-style buffet. Coffee was perfect, and a mimosa or glass of champagne complemented the array of seasonal fruit; the pastries and fresh bread were outstanding. The atmosphere is elegant, yet comfortable, with thoughtful and photo-worthy details everywhere. We especially enjoyed the peppermint and bergamot scented passageways. The saltwater pools were a delightful way to relax after a day of temple-hopping. Our room was quiet and comfortable, with every amenity that we could want. We stayed 7 nights with our 7-year old daughter, and would have been happy to stay a week more!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Our family including two children (10 and 7) recently stayed at Shinta Mani Resort for 12 nights (school holiday period). Its hard to put into words how fantastic it was. The staff are a highlight and they are genuine and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is like returning to an oasis after a day out at the temples, The breakfast was amazing with the best eggs benedict ever! Amazing value, modern decor and because it is recently renovated everything is new and fresh. We wouldnt stay anywhere else and we will be back.

Room Tip: Choose the poolside garden - its so close to the pool the children can play whilst you sit outside y...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Where do I start? I normally don't write reviews. In fact, I made a tripsdvisor account so that I could write a review for this hotel.

This hotel, by far, has been one of the best hotels I have stayed at so far. Without a doubt the service that I received here was incredible - I don't know if I received service like this before, and I have stayed at many many hotels. The entire staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. They truly go above and beyond expectations.

The hotel even has their own tuk Tuks parked outside waiting for guests. These tuk Tuks charged the same as any other tuk tuk so there was no sense of overcharging, even these drivers were accommodating!

The hotel is gorgeous with great ambiance. And best of all the hotel gives back to their community with their program they run. I had the experience of seeing a graduation for kids that completed the shinta mani foundation - it was very motivational even to myself. And made me that much happier that I booked my hotel.

As for location couldn't be happier, 2-3 blocks from shopping and about 10 or 15 min drive to angkor wat.

I stayed at the Resort part of shinta mani which is only a few months old and had a great experience. But even the club which I visited across the street was beautiful and the staff their was so so nice! They didn't even know I was a guest at the Resort and still treated me as a guest at their hotel.

I could go on about how great this hotel is... Book it and you will see why!!!

• Stayed: November 2013