“Great Hotel and Wonderful Staff”
Review of Shinta Mani Angkor

Shinta Mani Angkor
Ranked #14 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We only had 24 hours in town to see the temples. We're really glad we stayed at the Shinta Mani. You're first struck by the welcoming staff and the efforts they extend in making you feel at home. The bonus round is the great restaurant and a location that allows one to explore Siam Reap without needing a taxi...it's close enough without being too close.

They helped us arrange a tour guide and driver for the temples. I highly recommend this option. It's very reasonably priced ($40 for the guide and $10 for the car, I believe) and allows you to see a lot of territory in a reasonable amount of time.

1  Thank SeattleSeattleUSA

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I love the every bit of Shinta Mani. The amazing journey begins when we arrived at the front door and it continues throughout the 5 days 4 nights we stayed. The hotel itself and the rooms are nicely decorated with modernized outlook. The staff are fantastic, attentive and well trained. Almost all my requests are fulfilled with extras. They are the souls and spirit of this hotel.

I especially like the breakfast session where staff come along and chit chat a bit on your daily plan and provide suggestions. Great traditional food tasting menu at the Club side restaurant Kroya. The SPA is one of the most enjoyable and relaxing I had too.

A discretionary bread and coffee offer during 5am in the morning had delighted my last day and we got an extension for late checkout at 3:30pm.

I deducted 1 point on the sleep quality due to the annoying mosquito flying around at night. Apart from this everything else are phenomenal.

Special thanks to Richard and Paul for all the help during our stay.

Room Tip: G/F rooms in Shinta Mani Resort are great with an access to pool.
Reviewed 26 December 2013

From the moment we arrived, everything was harmoniously synchronized, from the warm friendly greetings to the delicious welcome drink and jasmine scented lobby, I knew we were in for an incredible experience. We learned upon arrival that both the Shinta Mani Club and the Shinta Mani Resort, across the street from each other, were available for relaxation and activities. Each with their own unique pool area and restaurant, we had an abundance of options to choose from depending on our mood. The Club has a sleek modern lap pool with a waterfall cascading towards the end, while the Resort has a gigantic salt water pool encircled by an expansive yard of lush green grass and palm trees.

On the Club side, where we stayed, is an incredible restaurant named Kroya. Inside, the the decor blends modern elegance with rich textures and a splash of orange to liven up the mood. Above head is an artistic blueprint of the Angkor Wat Temple, outside large futon swings rock softly in the wind with guests reclined back into the piles of pillows. The champagne brunch, which is included with the stay, has every kind of fruit and bread you can imagine in addition to specialty food options and a full menu cooked to order.

The rooms are spacious, yet cozy, with tasteful decor and plenty of space to rest and work. After the long bus ride through Cambodia, a night of good rest was in order, so when my body sunk into the luxurious down comforter and fluffy pillows, it literally felt like heaven. After a lifetime of sleeping in what I thought were very nice beds, this was by far the most comfortable. In fact, it was hard to leave the room and explore the city because we loved the hotel so much!

And last but not least, the best part of the entire experience; the service. The tagline reads “Open Doors, Open Hearts” and we couldn’t agree more. This was the best service I think we have ever received. With a staff size double the number of rooms, there is always someone to greet you, serve you or help you and all with a genuine, heartfelt smile. It’s amazing the difference it can make in your day when you are treated with so much love, the staff at Shinta Mani truly serves from their heart and this is what they have become known for.

It’s just an added bonus when you learn about The Foundation that they operate through the profits of the Club & Resort. They have an ever-expanding list of programs that give back to the community in different ways; empowering the local people through education and training programs, entrepreneurship and and so much more. Shinta Mani is a very different kind of hotel with a much bigger mission, to be sustainable, to support the local community and to treat everyone who comes through their doors like they are family.

Room Tip: The rooms at the Club are larger than the rooms at the Resort.
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Resort side for 4 nights in December. The hotel looks great and smells lovely. The interior design is modern and charming although light is a bit too dim in the room, which makes working / reading in the room difficult. Area surrounding the hotel has no street light so it can be quite dark / dangerous to walk around at night especially alone. Shanti Mani Club just across the street looks more grand from the outside so if there is room availability and price is similar to Resort, I would probably go for the Club side next time. Generally speaking great property and will recommend to friends.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2013

From arrival to departure, this was one of the best hotel experiences I have had. Aside from
The stylish room and hotel, the STAFF WAS FANTASTIC. Whatever the time of day, you were greeted with smiles, cold towels and cold water or juice, and all knew your name. Food was great. Staff made sure I wanted for nothing. Meals on the "swing" were wonderful. The hotel provided us with a terrific picnic breakfast for our sunrise tour. I have stayed at some of the finest hotels
in the world and I would definitely recommend when in Siem Reap, the Shinta Mani is the only
place to stay.

Room Tip: We preferred to stay in the older section near the pool, but any side is wonderful.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I have traveled the world and this hotel is my all time favorite! The hotel itself is gorgeous! The staff is wonderful, kind and well trained. My little boy (age 9) was sick with the flu and one of the staff members stayed with him all day placing cold towels on his head so I could visit the temples with my daughter on my birthday! The staff surprised me with a cake in my room late at night after returning from dinner. The breakfast is excellent with blue cheese and sparking wine! What could be better before visiting the temples? I can not wait to return!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay at Shinta Mani. The staff were always welcoming and friendly and gave us personal and good advice on how to best visit the tourist attractions. The food in the restaurant was tasty and westernized (which is not a criticism :-) ) and the location is suitable for taking walks into Siem Reap. All in all I would be very happy to stay at Shinta Mani again and recommend it to friends visiting Siem Reap.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends