Shinta Mani Angkor
Nita by Vo Luxury Hotel(Siem Reap)
US$126
US$146
Agoda.com
US$196
US$191
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
US$299
US$185
3,287 results
All reviewswelcome homekroya restaurantlarger pooljasmine scentedcold towelslocal communitytuk tukbeautiful hotelmoment you arriveboutique hotelmini barsister hotelmobile phonedeluxe roomamazing servicequiet streetpool side
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My daughter gave me a trip to Siem Reap, Cambodia for Christmas. We left from Singapore and flew on Silk Air two hours to Siem Reap. This is my first time in this part of the world. My daughter was in Belgium for 5 years so I have seen much of Europe. She recently moved to Singapore so now I get to explore this area of the world. I was an absolute blank canvas. We were met at the airport by our Guide, Rany (more about him in my trip report) and he took us to our hotel in downtown Siem Reap. The Shinta Mani is only 39 rooms but it is exquisite. We were greeted at the front by impeccably dressed staff who handed us cool wash cloths to wipe the dust from our faces and hands. Across the front of the hotel are hanging cabana beds for meals. We had a double room that included everything you could want. The beds were covered with beautiful white sheets and duvets. The shower was enormous. Downstairs was a lap pool with bar and snacks. The ratio of staff to guests had to have been at least 6 staff for each guest. We became acquainted with the young men who ran the pool bar. They were attentive and spoke excellent English. The spa on the third floor is incredible. $40 for a one hour full body massage. We were there for four nights and I would rate this as the nicest hotel I have even stayed in.

Room Tip: The Shinta Mani we stayed at was different than the Shinta Mani Resort which is across the street and owned by the same person. Great boutique hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank texasnorma
Reviewed 27 January 2014

If you are reading this trying to find accommodation, go no further. This hotel is not only stunning, with beautiful rooms, restaurant and pool area, the staff are absolutely beautiful. I can safely say that this hotel added the magic of Cambodia for me as it is way more than just a hotel, the work this hotel does with the local people to train them and give them the opportunity they need in life is commendable. It is evident through the service you are given that the staff are passionate and want you to have a good time.

Room Tip: Stay in the Shinta Mana club the rooms are more boutique
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Let's dispense with the "givens" - like top location, comfy rooms and great breakfasts, restaurants and transport services. These virtues have been described by all my other fellow reviewers.

The two things that struck me were: 1. How genuinely warm and eager the staff were to accommodate and please you. Whilst all may not always get it as efficiently right as a top 5 stars hotel, the occasional stumbles only highlight the sincerity and love for the guests. Indeed, we feel a great affinity towards their easy going charms, grace and humanity. Thank you so much to Paul who looked after us 3 couples, for your insight into the hotel and also the country. To the fabulous and ever diplomatic GM (you with the trendy vest jacket and J. Lennon glasses), I salute you for your love of Cambodia. I can understand why one can be seduced into wanting to stay forever.

2. I cannot help but feel awkward being looked after so luxuriously and lavishly, as there is so much poverty outside (A reality check for me). The Foundation has obviously been a worthy base for countering that with the development of the nation's disadvantaged. Speaking to the staff, they all harbour hope and aspirations, surely a good thing. This is why I give full marks and more, for the whole package. I will encourage all to stay here, budget willing. Thank you for the unforgettable experience and care.

Room Tip: I prefer 1st floor as better privacy.
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Fast and friendly check in to a great room overlooking the pool. Everything you could need all supplied. All staff professional, helpful and friendly at all times, especially Sophear, the front manager, who provided a complimentary late departure room for us on our last day.
The breakfast was always good, especially the pastries. As well as the morning buffet, a breakfast menu was available if needed.
5am early start for sunrise photos at the ruins; we were always met by staff asking if we needed coffee or a breakfast box to go.
The hotel location was 5 minutes from the main shopping road and 10 minutes from the main evening area such as pub street. Taking a tuk tuk to the centre was only $2 USA dollars.
Great location for taking a tuk tuk to the various ruins early in the mornings at $20 a day from the hotel drivers, $25 for an early start.
We will be back!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms rather than overlooking the main road.
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This place is amazing - an absolute "Wow" factor from the minute you are greeted by the friendly staff and enter the lobby. The rooms are beautifully decorated, the pool is 10 steps outside your back door…and the staff trips over themselves to ensure your every need is met. Great all around!