“Very good atmosphere !”

Ranked #14 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Osaka, Japan
“Very good atmosphere !”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I travelled with my family and stayed at this hotel for three days. It was very nice design hotel, calm and relax environment. All staff was very kind, friendly and always smiled. The room was spacious and modern, but a little dark due to most things are black color. The photo displayed on the ceiling was very nice idea. The swimming pool is located in house that it looked too closed for me and not much sun light. The breakfast was great. We also ate Khmer foods at the restaurant, it was very delicious. Overall, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (672)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We had some really nice days at this hotel. From the moment we walked in to the hotel we were taken care of by the staff and they all were so nice and the service is of top class. We had a room on the first floor close to the pool. The rooms and the whole place is so nice planned and designed. We had breakfast and the quality was very good. We also had dinner one night and it was good too. We did a cocking class with the chef one morning and that was fun.
The atmosphere is so relaxed and nice. Also tried the spa with a massage which was very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Seattle
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Just got back from 10 days at the Shinta Mani resort and if I could give this hotel 6 stars I would. I have stayed at allegedly the best hotel on Maui with views dreams are made of. I have stayed in Four Season's Hotels where I actually got lost in my room it was so large. I have had a plush suite at the best in Vegas, and have been wowed by a 5-star hotel in Dubai littered with gold furnishings…..none of them exceeded my expectations like this one did. Yes I have had better rooms, but these were exquisitely clean and bug-free. I have had more amenities, but in Cambodia the clean, comfortable and friendly environment here did not make me miss them. I have swam in hotel infinity pools in India where I felt like I was in a movie, but the sweet salinity of the basic pool here, and the solitude was so refreshing after a long hot day. The staff was exceptionally service-oriented and friendly, and made us feel like family--like we were staying at a B and B. In short, this is a simple but solid, clean, and remarkably well-run cozy hotel. Although you will not feel like a king or queen staying here, you WILL be treated like you are the most important person on the planet by the staff.

Room Tip: Easy 10 minute walk to Pub street.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I truly recommend this resort. The service is outstanding. We stayed on the second floor with pool view. The room has stereo speaker with great songs and the room smelled like mint. TV has many international channels (e.g. animal planet, discovery, chinese channels etc). All the workers provided greatest services without having giving us a feeling that they had an expectation of getting tips. The GM greeted us the minute we arrived the hotel and on the last day we left the resort. The resort is just less than 5 minutes walk from the main street. You can take tuk tuk for $2 to pub street (night market). Everytime we came back from outside, the hotel staffs must give us cool towels which was really refreshing and nice. The breakfast (the order from menu) was outstanding! I called them one morning that I wanted to take some food to my room for my toddler, and they served me happily. They do the bed two times a day and provided us with 4 drinking water bottles every day. This is the best resort I've ever been so far. The negative sides is that this resort does not have gym and it also has lots of mosquitos, although they do provide insect spray which is very helpful. Nevertheless, I would definitely go back again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Overall my family and I had an enjoyable stay in a 2nd floor Superior Room on the club side. On the positive side, the hotel has a nice modern feel, the restaurants on both the club and resort side are very good, the level of service is high (as one would expect in a luxury hotel in Asia), convenient central location for either exploring Angkor or the town and it's an overall very good value.

However, there are a few things that typically separate boutique luxury hotels from the luxury heavyweights (e.g., Four Seasons, Park Hyatt, etc.) and this was no exception. For example, the bed pillows were a bit hard and uncomfortable, there is no gym, the spa is on the 3rd floor of a hotel with no elevator and rather than leave a handwritten note in the room confirming my dinner reservation for the following evening I had to repeatedly ask the staff if my reservation had been confirmed. In addition, while an open-air hotel layout is stylish, it's a bit impractical in a mosquito infested area. Althought it's impossible to eradicate them, the hotel needs to do a better job of controlling them, including the housekeeping staff not leaving the room doors open while cleaning. It seems that every day I returned to my room there was a new swarm of mosquitos waiting to greet me.

Overall I would recommend this hotel.

1 Thank steelesm1
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed at the Shinta Mani Resort which is across the street from Shinta Mani Club. Both locations are beautiful and well kept, with touches of whimsy for personality. With two young children (6 and 5 years old), the Resort was perfect. It was more spacious and green, and the pool (with salt water, not chlorinated water!) was a cool, refreshing welcome after a hot, dusty day of adventures. We booked the suite which was a corner room on the third floor. It had a queen size bed in the master bedroom, accommodated two twin beds for the children in the living room in addition to the sofa, and looked out to the garden and swimming pool from the balcony. The room was always clean by the time we got back after our day out with the lovely scent of oil that burned in a holder in the bathroom. The room was very quiet and we didn't realise that the hotel was full during our stay until we went down for breakfast or were by the pool late afternoon. Breakfast was thoughtfully diverse offering both asian and western options for selection with the waiter in addition to fruits, cereals, and other options laid out in a buffet manner. Unlike other hotels where the breakfast becomes a dull meal after 3 or 4 days, this wasn't the case during our week long stay at the Shinta Mani Resort. As for the staff, they were incredibly professional, accommodating, and helpful. They treated our children with such kindness and genuine playfulness that we felt immediately comfortable and welcomed. We witnessed the staff doing an incredible job hosting tourists from around the world, adjusting appropriately to various cultures and demands, always graciously. Location of the hotel is on a quiet street, a $2 tuk tuk ride away from the Old Market and most dinner venues. Our only critique is one that the hotel probably can't control completely - mosquitoes. One night mosquitoes got into our room and made for a bad night's sleep with bites to prove it.

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

This place runs to the highest standards: from the mass staff welcome every time you leave or arrive back, to the helpful advice, the beautiful breakfasts, the great pool and pool service and the very well appointed rooms. The service could not have been better. My only beef would be that the costs are not inclusive of vat and service charges, so you need to add about 22% to the price of whatever you order around the pool for instance. But that's not their fault. When the kymer cuisine gets a bit much, the burger and fries really hit the spot. The river is about 100 meters away and pub street/old market a 10-minute walk or $2 tuk tuk ride. The cupcake shop about 5 minutes walk away should be on your to-do list if you need a treat. The twice-monthly Made in Cambodia market at Shinta Mani is excellent too.

Stayed February 2014