“Wonderful Experience!”

Ranked #11 of 353 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reston, Virginia, United States
“Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel really understands service. You are met at the entrance with a chilled towel every time you arrive at the hotel. Every staff member is smiling, polite and helpful. The rooms are amazingly beautiful and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. The restaurant has very good food and an excellent full breakfast which is included with your room. I had a wonderful massage at their spa - top notch. If you are staying over the weekend you must visit the booths they set up where local people display their crafts. Very nice items and excellent prices. Great gifts to take home and you are supporting the local artisans. They also have local performers every half hour that are very entertaining. On Sunday night they have a band outside on the patio and you can sit on huge swinging beds and enjoy a drink and/or dinner while listening the the music. This place is truly wonderful!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (667)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Shinta Mani was perfect in every way possible! The friendly and professional staff took care of everyone of our requests with pleasure! We loved being greeted with cold jasmine scented towels and water bottles after we returned from our long days exploring Siem Reap. The decor is stunning and the entire facility immaculate! We loved the turn down service and cookies we received each night and the yummy breakfast over looking the beautiful pool. We took recommendations on dinner suggestions and they were fabulous! They made sure we had tuk tuk rides, arranged our cab ride back to the airport and made our dinner reservations. They allowed us to use a room to shower and get ready in after we check out since our flight was at midnight.
This hotel is perfect in every way and truly made my stay in Siem Reap unforgettable!

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel made us feel at home from the start. We were pampered from the moment we stepped out of the airport to the moment we were dropped at the airport again. The staff was truly professional and utterly friendly. The room was spacious and we absolutely loved the rain shower in our bathroom.

Over the course of our stay we tried breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel restaurant and every time we enjoyed the food. The lunch menu has some nice Asian dishes, which I missed a bit on the dinner menu, but that might just be me.

We used the spa as well and we truly recommend you try it.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I love everything about this hotel from the design, the comfort, the location, the food, and most importantly the staff. I was there with a big group of friends. Everyone enjoyed every moment and everything was perfect. It made my stay in Siem Reap memorable. I will definitely go back soon.

Paris, France
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Out of our whole Vietnam/Cambodia trip, this was by far the best service we experienced and probably our favorite hotel during the vacation. The staff members were the perfect balance of professionalism and friendliness, and the hotel is beautiful.

The rooms are designed beautifully and were also quite spacious. We had the poolview room, so it was convenient to step right out and grab some poolside lounge chairs in the afternoons, as well as walk a few steps over to the restaurant for breakfast. The pool area/staff is very good (unlike the pool staff at another hotel I stayed at in Hoi An during this trip), and the spa team actually comes by in the afternoon to offer complimentary 5-minute back/shoulder massages while you're sitting poolside. What a nice touch! This also helped me decide to book a massage at the hotel spa too so it's also really smart. The spa staff is nice, but perhaps could improve their professionalism just a teeny bit, as the two staff members (my husband and I had a double room for the massage) were giggling a few times at the beginning of the service. It was noticeable, but not that big of a deal - especially since the massage was good.

One of the things I loved about the hotel was the smell too! Seriously. Every time you would arrive at the hotel from your dusty sightseeing travels (and it is dusty riding around in a tuktuk!), you would be greeted with water bottles, a fresh-scented towel to wipe your hands and face, and the smell of jasmine wafting through the air. Love it. I wish I had taken a peek into the hotel gift shop to see if they had a candle or scent diffuser to buy!

You must also go across to the original Shinta Mani to have a drink at the bar. It's as if you're floating above the dining area below you. If I had had more time, I would've probably had a meal at the restaurant there one night too since you sit on what looks like a cool floating bed.

The only thing that was a bit frustrating was on two out of the three nights we stayed there, the electricity went out while we were sleeping. The first night, it happened at 3am and again at 3:45am (it also happened at 5am, but at that point, we were awake). Apparently, the city shuts down the electricity so when the hotel's generator kicks in, all the lights in our room would turn on and the refrigerator would make loud banging noises. However, once we advised the staff about this, they sent an engineer to take a look at what could be done to fix the problem and the night manager (friendly guy named Sophear) also offered us free spa services (we ended up having complimentary drinks at the bar instead due to timing), which was really nice. The third night, everything was completely fine. Plus, my husband figured out how to turn off the master light switch so if the power did turn off and back on, the lights wouldn't turn back on in the middle of the night again.

I highly recommend Shinta Mani Resort (we stayed at the newer location just across the street) and would definitely stay there again when I return to Siem Reap. I also love the fact that the hotel has a training program that helps local youths from disadvantaged backgrounds so they have a chance at a better future. The night manager also told us how some of these people have also been hired, which is wonderful considering that just a few years ago the city had what I think was a 50% (approx) poverty rate!

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 24 February 2014

So just to inform anyone who reads this I am a bit difficult to make happy and I see things that others don't. I have a construction, design and hospitality background and I am always about the details. The hotel was excellent and from a multifaceted point of view. The staff was all amazing and the basis of this hotel is to help to educate local kids with a career and to teach and train for a sustainable future. This is shown in the eagerness of the staff to please and assist the guest in anyway possible and is truly representative of Asian culture.

Before writing this review I read the 15 average reviews vs the 637 excellent reviews....kind of obvious that some people should just stay home as they will never be happy!

Value for the money is the next topic... I do not like to spend my money foolishly and I absolutely believe this property is a tremendous value for the very reasonable prices they charge.... They should raise their prices as they are worth it! I have stayed in many other hotels with nowhere close to the attention to detail that makes the overall guest experience what it was for our 3 nights there.
Breakfast was terrific and a great selection of wonderfully fresh and well presented items.
Dinner was very very nice as was lunch by the pool.

Actually I do believe just staying at the hotel is great and not having to go to the reality of the outside world.... but one must see and do the local life which makes coming back and getting the cold fresh towel all that more rewarding.

I had travel issues further on in my trip after flying to Bangkok and these were dealt with and solved immediately by the staff for which I was very appreciative of as I had a tight schedule that was messed up by my own travel agent!

Room was perfectly designed and fully functional and believe me I love to pick things apart!

I have already referred many friends to enjoy this hotel and it is always in the background that they are doing good things for the local people.

My wife spent an afternoon at the spa and was glowing with happiness for the entire evening. Very well done with the Hot stone treatment. We also found the street market which i guess is twice per month to be very "Organic" as it was only made in Cambodia items which gets away from typical street markets.

Our next visit to Siem Reap will be just to enjoy this hotel as I enjoyed the location in the center of town but on a quite street.... If I wanted to complain about something, I couldn't get my Ipod to play music in my room, but I never asked anyone to assist which I sure was a simple task. I have stayed in technological nightmare rooms and this was not one of them!

Thank you to the Shinta Mani Team for making our stay pleasurable!

2 Thank Rimram5
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We visited Siem Reap with a group of friends and picked up the Shinta Mani Club based on the reports and reviews by previous guests and weren't disspointed.
As we arrived from the airport we were greeted by the staff with scented wet-cood towels and a cold drink and greeted by the manager, Christian, who during the next four days really seemed to be everywhere at once making sure everything was perfect. The staff is friendly and efficient. The building is tastefully decorated. We got a ground floor air-conditioned room (005) that was comfortable, although the huge shower took most of the bathroom. The private balcony was more a "show off" piece as it has no view and the pool is near by.
The breakfast buffet is very nice although far from the five-star feeling described elsewhere by fellow travellers.
Our friends staying in the first floor and had a positive experience but the second floor may be problematic as there are no elevators.
The spa is excellentn and we enjoyed very much the salt watered pool.
I definitely recommend Shimta Mani Club.

1 Thank שמעון ב