“Shinta mani "Cool haven in Siem Reap"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shinta Mani Club

Shinta Mani Club
Ranked #5 of 338 Hotels in Siem Reap
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Shinta mani "Cool haven in Siem Reap"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Beautiful hotel, rooms round well maintained pool, superb service from most friendly staff seemed to know what we needed before we even knew we wanted it! eg Glass of water, fresh fruit at the pool, maps and directions when we went out, cool clothes when we came in ... the list is endless- was such a joy to be there - really didnt want to leave - The Hays

Room Tip: Stayed on first floor overlooking pool which was beautiful - but would have liked to have been on gr...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TheHays2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed here for three nights and I felt so great about the service which this hotel provided to me. The staff were so excellent all the time..
They are very suitable to get the number one hotel in Siem Reap.

Room Tip: i prefer first floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

This hotel experience was one of my favorites ever. The hotel smells of jasmine, is modern, clean and comfortable. The rooms on the floor level look over the pool and are beautiful.
The staff are the warmest, kindest people I've ever met in my life. I was incredibly depressed to leave.
The breakfast is wonderful with delicious fresh fruit and juices. The pool is warm and lovely. Honestly I would go back here every year if I could.
One little request - more drinkable water bottles in the hotel room needed!
Thank you Shinta Mani for such an amazing experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

When I see bad comments about a hotel on TA, they usually start with the good and then get into why they didnt like the hotel after that.

For the Shinta Mani, I want to start with the bad because it helps to show why this hotel is so highly rated.

When me and my partner arrived at the airport in Siem Reap, there was no car/driver to meet us. We kept waiting and waiting until there were no more passengers from our flight, until there were no more drivers picking up arrivals.

I called the hotel and at first they couldnt find my name. I told them that I had a confirmed pick-up, they found my reservation and said someone would be there in 20 minutes. 20 minutes passed and no one had arrived. I called them back and got a different person, went through all the details again, and this next person said someone would be there in another 20 minutes (they showed up about 5 minutes later).

I was steaming. The last thing you want when arriving in a new country, with sweltering heat, is to have to run around looking for transport.

Anyway, as I was in the air conditioned car to the hotel, I was thinking of my comments here on TA and the rating I would give. I'd be generous and give Shinta Mani a 3 star.

Then we arrived. Rataná met us and apologized profusely. She had us sit in a nice, quiet reception area off to the side and away from the front office traffic. She reconfirmed our pick up for the flight but mentioned that our flight arrived early. [True. But all the other hotels seemed to know to get their cars their in time to meet their arrivals.]

Anyway, her charm started to take effect, we were checked in very efficiently and our bags were waiting for us in the room. As we walked around the hotel grounds, we were always meet with pleasant smiles and a nice good afternoon. The dinner we had at the hotel that evening was perfect.

My rating had already risen to a 4 star.

The next day the hotel had our guide ready for us early in the morning for the sunrise at Angkor Wat and throughout that day, and the next, and the next, the staff and service (and in particular Rataná) were outstanding. The rooms are large and well cleaned. Everywhere we turned the management of this hotel had everything well under control to give the best in hotel services.

I leave the Shinta Mani loving this hotel and rating this overall experience a 5 star experience.

And note, they didnt take the pick up charge off the bill. They didnt give me a free dinner, or drinks at the bar, or anything.

They just earned this rating with good service once I had arrived at the hotel with the charm of their staff and Rataná.

Well done!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Scott_Lombok
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed at the Shinta Mani Hotel for 3 nights in February 2014. The hotel itself is beautiful, but what really sets it apart is the outstanding customer service by the hotel staff. The service is the best we have ever experienced in any hotel around the world.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DonR888
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I really enjoyed this place for 3 nights. They gave us an end room with additional windows overlooking the pool. The pool was great - large, refreshing with attentive staff and plenty of lounge chairs. The breakfast buffet, which you could also order from a limited menu, was okay but when the place got busy, was frequently needing refurbishing. We walked to the touristy area every evening for dinner and the night markets. Also tried out the "fish massage" which I highly recommend for the experience for a couple of dollars - everything is negotiable in town.

Room Tip: I had the salt/clay body scrub followed by a deep massage - 2 hrs for $85. This was the best massag...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank David K
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

This is the best hotel we have ever stayed at; the service, beautiful rooms, ambiance and most of all, the outstanding staff, many of whom are trainees, make this completely superb. ALL the staff have such beautiful smiles and attitudes which makes this lovely resort a complete people Nirvana.
Kudos to Christian who is the exceptional hotel manager; he is not afraid to roll up his sleeves and get his hands dirty, yet at the same time, he always appears to be able to make time to sit down and chat. He is a wealth of information about both Cambodia and its very people.
I have stayed at the Shinta Mani several times and quite frankly the main draw for me is the fact that they reach out and help the community (Shinta Mani Foundation); in the hotel they focus on training at risk youth in the hospitality sector. Besides that they do work in education, medical and dental clinics and small business set up loans. The Shinta Mani Foundation has 14 employees, headed up by Chitra who in my mind, is the Mother Teresa of Cambodia! It is well worth visiting the Foundation in the Club. You will see employees learning English, computer education, jewelry making for the wonderful hotel shop etc.
This wonderful hotel and resort is a lot more than a slice of heaven. The Shinta Mani really care s and supports the poor, sick and helpless in the most profound way by giving people the tools to try and overcome their desperate poverty. See shintamani.com/foundation to get an idea of what makes this hotel truly unique, in a way that really reaches the heart and soul.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends