“Would definitely come again!”
Review of Shinta Mani Angkor

Shinta Mani Angkor
Ranked #14 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Great location. We could easily walk to the main road with restaurants, massages and also just a 10 minute walk from Pub Street. The staff were very attentive and friendly. We went on the sunrise tour and the hotel packed a nice breakfast for us to go. Breakfast over at the Resort side was amazing. The pool on the club side was a bit small but we could always use the pool on the resort side. Although we do have one complain...We booked the Deluxe Pool Access room and we couldn't really enjoy the balcony/porch. Since it's basically the backside of the resort, it was full of flies and Mosquitos flying around and people were walking around right outside. We had to keep the sliding doors and blinds closed the whole time we were there. I would suggest to book a room on the second floor. This should take care of the problem.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stay in deluxe room and enjoy it so much that we extend our stay :)
The staff is completely devoted to the guest and make you feel at home :)
I will just recommend to improve the lounge bar as you dont really feel in a bar.....

Room Tip: Book the deluxe room.....
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

"Welcome Home" was the greeting upon my arrival at the Shinta Mani Club. "Funny," I thought, but when I checked out on my final day, the single thought in my mind was "When can I come back home?"
This is truly a special place, and it provides an experience that eludes the ordinary.

It is a delectable treat for all five senses. Sight - a cleanly and cleverly designed space with modern and traditional expressions of Cambodia around every corner; spices, flowers, art, objects--detailed touches of architectural and interior brilliance. Sound - the soothing music playing in your room upon arrival, the trickling of the waterfall in the lap pool, jazz at Bensley's Bar, live music at Kroya, and -quiet- located away from the bustle of the Old and Night Market area. Smell - the sweet scent of jasmine in the cool, refreshing towel they provide each time you return to the hotel and lotus, lemongrass, and plumeria aromas pervading the space. Touch - the soft and luxurious bedding cradle you to sleep. Taste - a continental breakfast including local fruits and vegetables and a range of western and Asian choices; for dinner, the tasting menu at Kroya allows you a sampling of 7 Khmer dishes, perfect for a foodie wanting to try a little bit of everything. The servicescape at the Shinta Mani Club hit all the senses in an exquisite and quite extravagant way.

And then there was something beyond the tangibles -- it was the spirit and heart of the place and its people. You can train hospitality to a certain level, but beyond that is more about an individual's own passion for the service they are providing. This was evident in every encounter with the hotel's employees. In a hotel, it's about meeting and exceeding your guests' expectations. The staff at Shinta Mani, shall I dare say family, exceedingly exceeded the service level you would ordinarily expect at a hotel, always kindly looking you in the eye, always with a wide smile, and always with a big heart that exhibits their own joy for providing their service.

On my first night, there was a mechanical problem that disabled the entire hotel's air conditioning system. At first I thought it was only my room, but when I called the front desk they politely explained that it was hotel-wide, they were looking into the cause, and would get back to me which they did. They explained that they would not be able to address the problem right away and had already arranged a room just across the street at their sister property. The situation was handled professionally and promptly. What was impressive was the escort to the temporary room -- it seemed that the entire hotel staff was brought out in a procession to genuinely express their own disappointment regarding the incident. The general manager, clearly awoken because of this, personally handed out the keys for the temporary stay and apologized for the inconvenience. Ironically, the experience of the discomfort of heat and perspiration I experienced provided the hotel a rare chance to display even more its mission to take care of you.

I could not recommend this place more. It was a complete experience, refreshing for the mind, body, and soul -- intimate because of its size, intricate because of the deliberate detail with everything, and inspiring because of its heart-warming and passionate people. Bless you Shinta Mani; I will return home soon.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ka1640013
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at Shinta Mani Club for 3 nights whilst visiting Angkor. The staff couldn't be more helpful. The shinta mani club (over the road from the shinta mani resort) has a lovely pool (not huge but great to cool off in) and the resort (across the road) has a huge pool that all guests can use. The rooms are excellent and we ate at the restaurant 2 out of the 3 nights - very good and good value!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I booked Shinta Mani Club because it is #1 on TripAdvisor. I had been to Siem Reap once before and stayed at a major chain so this time I was looking for something a little more quaint. My only complaint is that I only stayed two nights. The hotel is simply amazing. Rooms are spacious and lovely and the pool area is perfect for lounging after a morning of temple visits. We tried the Cambodian tasting menu in the restaurant which was also great. The absolute best thing about the Shinta Mani Club is the staff. They are extremely friendly, always helpful and seem genuinely happy to help you - all without feeling as if the service is forced or fussy. As someone who works in a hotel, I know that reviews can be somewhat skewed-but Shinta Mani really is everything everyone says it is! (PS - foot massage in the spa was so relaxing!)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We spent 4 nights here and we do love the atmastphere and enviroment of this property. Beautiful set up and design. It's in a very good location within walking distance to anywhere and free daily miniba in the room which is another value added for us. Thank you to the team and we will come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Shinta Mani has the best staff in the world. One of the staff, Soeun, who took both me and my two collegues to our room called out to me from across the street, by name, two days later and asked how the three of us were enjoying our stay, remembering their names as well. Leav, the staff who welcomed us back each evening with a moist towelette, also learned and remembered my name. Bondith, told me about his education and his position as a defender on the Shinta Mani soccer team. I will return to the Shinta Mani because my friends are there. If you have more than a moment, they will engage you in conversation and you will learn about the hopes and ambitions of these wonderful people. Seeing ancient temples and visiting tropical jungles was fun, but my favorite was the in-between moments when I took time to get to know the Shinta Mani staff. The staff are so proud to be there and love to learn. They are optimistic and gracious. They are invigorating to be around!

The hotel was designed by Bill Bensley (without charging a dime), one of Time Magazine and Architectural Digest's top 100 designers who is known as the "King of exotic luxury resorts." Bensley created a breathtaking tropical space--look up his work on the Shinta Mani on Google or Pinterest and you'll see what all the other reviews are talking about. Stunning!

The breakfast is second to none. Sophan, my waitress, who also learned and recalled my name, always recommended excellent dishes from the "Asian Kitchen". Try the local cuisine and you won't be disappointed. The fresh fruit surpassed anything I've had--especially the mangos.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business