“Amazing Staff, Amazing Accomodations”
Review of Shinta Mani Angkor

Shinta Mani Angkor
Ranked #14 of 386 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 18 May 2014

It was my first time going to Cambodia and I was a little nervous but the Shinta Mani eased all of my nerves as soon as I arrived. Upon arrival, I was greeted with a cool damp wash cloth and a smile (this happened every time I got back to the hotel, not just the first time). Then I was taken to my room which was very well designed and comfy. It had a comfortable bed with a nice sitting area to relax in. The service was top notch. It was by far the best service I have ever received at a hotel.

I highly recommend Shinta Mani and Cambodia. You will enjoy your stay and you will have an opportunity to see some of the most amazing sites that Cambodia has to offer!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,201)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The Shinta Mani is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at. From the moment that we got to Siem Reap until the time we left, the experience was great. The staff was by far the most curious and helpful of any hotel I have ever stayed. The rooms were unique and beautifully decorated. I will definitely return to stay at the Shinta Mani someday.

Room Tip: Stay for a few days to get the full experience.
1  Thank Lance B
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have had the rare opportunity to take a tour of South East Asia. Thus I stayed in some of the finest hotels that each country had to offer. My favorite during my trip was far and away Shinta Mani. Because it is a boutique hotel, each room has a unique design including paintings on the walls and murals on the ceiling. The wait Staff was unmatched. Every day when I would return to the hotel after a long day of activities in Siem Reap, I was greeted by 3 smiling staff asking about my trip and offering me a cool jasmine scented towel to provde relief from the hot Cambodian sun. The breakfast buffet was wonderful, but what made it exceptional was the menu that was also provide in which I could order custom dishes. (The Eggs Benedict is magnificent). Having been away from the USA for 2 weeks when I stayed at the Shinta Mani, I had never felt more at home. When I go back to Cambodia, the only hotel I will consider is the Shinta Mani.

1  Thank David T
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We were booked in to the Shinta Mani Resort but luckily they were doing renovations and we were sent across the road to Shinta Mani Club. What a great hotel with the best staff I have ever come across. Nothing was too much trouble. When I asked if we could have a late checkout I was told by the manager we could stay in a room until 7pm with no extra charge. Because we had rooms on the second floor and had quite a few stairs to climb, my sister and I were offered a complimentary foot massage. It was wonderful. It was amazing to be welcomed with a cold face cloth each time we arrived back at the hotel. The breakfast buffet was small but very tasty - there was even vegemite to spread on the delicious bread. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent as was the wine. If you do not stay at this hotel in Siem Reap you are really missing out on a fantastic experience.

Room Tip: If you are not fit ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Many may have been a little confused as there are two Shinta Mani hotels here - the Club and Resort. Fret not as they are basically sister properties that face each other and the great thing is that you can use both facilities interchangeably (apart from the rooms obviously). Located perfectly just North of the Old Market area, the property sits in the leafy part of the old French Quarter and is just a 10 minute walk to the old market, food and pub street and the night market. It's also conveniently located for your Angkorian adventure as Angkor Wat and the surrounding temples are just 7-10 kms away.
We stayed at the Club which is the smaller property but in my opinion a slightly better option if you prefer a little privacy as there are fewer rooms here. We stayed in a deluxe room which was very well appointed, great comfortable bed, a huge bathroom shower area and a nice balcony that gives you a view of the inner courtyard where the lap pool is. Do take note that the pool is narrow and is in the shade for most of the day so if you want a larger pool that gets the sun, just cross the street to the Resort across and you will be most welcomed there. Breakfast which comes included In the room rate is perfect - not the ridiculous buffet spreads one sometimes sees, but just right with just the right number of choices to suit most palates. The food is also top quality and has really surprised me as Cambodia has not really been on the gastronomy radar.
Service here is spectacular and the staff are really top notch always ready with a smile and a few tips on where to go and what to do. Hats off to the management for this. No place is perfect of course and there are also a few hiccups along the way. The bike rentals are a little pricey at $9 per day but it's for a good cause, the Shinta Mani foundation. We rented the bikes to cycle to the Temples of Angkor (perfectly doable and most recommended), but the bikes although fairly new we're not really that well maintained as one of the seats kept falling off and the other had gearing problems. We survived but this could be improved.
Overall however the experience here has been magnificent and the Shinta Mani Club deserves it's top spot in Siem Reap!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

When we arrived they greeted us by saying 'welcome home'. This reflected the approach to their guests every step of the way. I was struck by how kind and warm and attentive they all were. They looked you in the eye in such a disarming way. The hotel design was incredibly stylish - like a boutique Soho House in New York or Babbington House in the UK. Have a look at the pictures - they'll describe it better than I ever will. It feels very new and very loved. The Khmer tasting menu in the restaurant was one of the most memorable meals I've ever had - and I'd like to think of myself as some sort of foodie. The massages and drinks by the pool were also excellent. We visited the shinta mani foundation - a side project they have where they build houses or wells so locals can have clean water. It all felt so genuine, there was such passion for Cambodia and its people. I rarely write reviews but felt I wanted to share this experience with others.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Great location. We could easily walk to the main road with restaurants, massages and also just a 10 minute walk from Pub Street. The staff were very attentive and friendly. We went on the sunrise tour and the hotel packed a nice breakfast for us to go. Breakfast over at the Resort side was amazing. The pool on the club side was a bit small but we could always use the pool on the resort side. Although we do have one complain...We booked the Deluxe Pool Access room and we couldn't really enjoy the balcony/porch. Since it's basically the backside of the resort, it was full of flies and Mosquitos flying around and people were walking around right outside. We had to keep the sliding doors and blinds closed the whole time we were there. I would suggest to book a room on the second floor. This should take care of the problem.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple