“This is the best hotel I have ever stayed at...ever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shinta Mani Club

Shinta Mani Club
Ranked #5 of 338 Hotels in Siem Reap
Sydney, Australia
“This is the best hotel I have ever stayed at...ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I can't emphasise how great this hotel is, particularly for it's price. The staff were unbelievably welcoming and friendly. The design and appointment of the place was perfect. The hotel was well located (10 minutes from the temples and pretty much in the centre of town).

We ate at the restaurant a couple of nights and again the service was outstanding, the wine good and the food excellent. Three courses + wine would come in at around $100 which in Australia would have broken the $300 mark. The same restaurant offered breakfast and as an Eggs Benedict lover was delighted to learn I could order this specialty every day and it was included in the room price, also included espresso coffee. Espresso coffee generally isn't done well in Asia but this wasn't the case at the Shinta Mani.

There was a lot of attention to detail, fresh flowers every day, fruit platter stocked by housekeepers, cookies left after the turndown service. The smell of the oil burners (minty?) was soothing, too.

I spent a relaxing day in the spa , where the staff, again, were very professional and friendly. I highly recommend getting a massage there.

If there was one complaint/minor issue I had, it was that neither of the pools there (you can also use the facilities of the resort across the road) were particularly cool, which meant they didn't offer a huge amount of relief from the heat and when we visited it was very hot in Siem Reap. I suppose there isn't much that can be done to remedy this but nonetheless.

Hats off to the management/owners in doing a superb job.

2 Thank Ashreign

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We were impressed by Shinta Mani hotel, well designed and decorated, the staff is serving you so well that we never experience before, althought we had been travelling all over the world. The room rate is reasonable, breafast is good, bravo for the bakery, nice croissant, chocolatine etc,.... after visit the temple so tired and hot you can enjoy a salty water swimming pool so relaxing, the pool bar tender serve you cold water and fruit wau so cool, with all of this, we both are thinking we will come back to Siemp Reap just to stay in this hotel not to visit some where ells....

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I'll start by saying that the Shinta Mani has the greatest service of any service-based business I've patronized in my life. The hotel staff is very on top of things and they are always incredibly courteous and kind. One morning I walked out of my room with a wrinkly shirt searching for an iron and I staff member asked if they could take my shirt, iron it, and return it to my room. I hadn't been out of my room for 15 seconds. On multiple occasions they anticipated my needs before I even knew I had them. I owe a large part of my perfect trip to Cambodia to this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ryan O
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

The last night I spent at the Shinta Mani Club my friends and I enjoyed live jazz music while relaxing on their large cushioned swings on the hotel porch enjoying drinks from the bar, it was a perfect ending to a perfect stay! The staff is welcoming, thoughtful, and anticipated my needs. The design is luxurious, contemporary, and very comfortable--better night's sleep then I get at home. The hotel breakfast is phenomenal, a great blend of western and local cuisine. The fresh lotus flowers throughout the hotel were gorgeous. The hotel is just a short walk from Siem Reap's markets and pub street. Cambodia is a wonderful country, the people are beautiful, the ancient temples of Angkor Wat are remarkable. If Siem Reap is a destination you are remotely considering then Shinta Mani is a must!

Room Tip: I was there with a group of friends and observed several rooms, each layout was excellent and comfor...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

4 nights in wonderful hotel, Me and my friend booked a Twin Room with design which was clean and warm. Bed sheet were soft and comfortable. Staff there are so helpful and nice with lots of smiles. The buffet breakfast was good~

Room Tip: more DVDs ^.^
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Lovely hotel! The staff were so attentive and helpful. The room was good with great decor. As it was so hot we spent many afternoons at the pool. The meals available were great and always delivered quickly with a huge smile. Every time we went to the pool staff appeared with a cold glass of water & a cold slice of fruit! The breakfast had a good selection. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from Pub Street where all the night action happens. I love massages and have had many over the years in various countries, I received the best massage I have ever had!!!! The only problem I personally had was the no smoking policy.

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed at the Shinta Mani Club for 2 nights. From arrival to departure, the level of service and friendliness shown by staff was second to none. The rooms are comfortable and stylish and the hotel grounds immaculately kept. Our first morning we got picked up at 5am for the temple tour - the hotel staff prepared us breakfast packs to take with - nice touch. The second morning we had a leisurely breakfast in the hotel - offered both buffet and A la carte, very impressive. While we didn't eat any other meals at the hotel, we did have a few cocktails which were tasty and reasonably priced. Mini bar items were free each day which seems common in Cambodian hotels. There were two pools - one in the Club and the other at the Resort over the road. The only negative was the pool temperature in the Resort pool - too warm, especially considering the 37 degree heat. Overall, an exceptional hotel which I would highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple