“The Single Most Remarkable Hotel Experience We've Ever Had.”
Review of Shinta Mani Angkor

Shinta Mani Angkor
Ranked #15 of 372 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We've stayed in hotels of all sorts all over the world. Up until this point, we thought staying in an overwater bungalow on a coral reef in French Polynesia couldn't be topped. We were so wrong. Shinta Mani Club takes services and comfort to a whole new level. All of the reviews are glowing so I'm going to include a few specific examples from our stay to convey how amazing this place is. I had forgotten to arrange transport from our hotel and we had been traveling SE Asia for weeks, so I really didn't feel like dealing with another price bargaining experience for a cab. 90 minutes before we were supposed to touch down in Siem Reap, I emailed the hotel requested a ride on the slim chance that they might receive, notice and respond to my message even though we were boarding our plane at that moment. As we exited the Siem Reap airport, Den was there with my name on his sign and took our bags. He was extremely courteous and explained that he was taking us to our new home. The people at Shinta Mani Club make a big deal about wanting it to feel like home, but there's simply no way for that to be the case, because NO ONE gets treated as well at their own home. We couldn't leave the property without them calling for transport and providing us with complimentary, cold bottles of water. When we'd return, they'd hand us jasmine scented, cool face clothes to wipe our hands and faces. When you'd go to the pool, only minutes would pass before someone would set down some complimentary, ice waters and fresh fruit. When I called to inquire as to a price sheet for the minibar (I was deciding between the local beer and an heineken), it was explained that it's all free-of-charge. WHAT? A free mini-bar? When was the last time you saw that? Same goes for the amazing breakfast options... buffet? A la carte? All included.
But this was probably the most mind-blowing part of the experience: We had a 11pm flight, so we had a tour arranged for the morning and afternoon and, therefore, needed to check out right after breakfast. This time of year is extraordinarily hot and humid and we were going to be climbing all over a rain forested area. The prospect of waiting around for hours for 30+ hours of travel after having sweat profusely for 5 straight hours was daunting. We asked the front desk to hold our bags and before we could come to a solution to the timing of everything, the front desk offered and arranged for our bags to be held in a room in their sister resort across the street where we would then be given access after our tour so that we may shower and rest until we'd head to the airport at 8pm that night. Again, a complimentary service. I'm still floored.
The rooms and hotel were elegantly appointed and it was still small enough to feel like the boutique hotel it is. The front desk organized reliable, timely tours for us down to our every request. We are still reeling. It was like living in a spa surrounded by the kindest people you'll ever meet. I've never actually felt sad to leave a hotel before. I don't think there are words to adequately explain how much more your trip will be enhanced by staying with the people at Shinta Mani Club.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank eklein5823
Write a ReviewReviews (3,138)

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have never stayed in a hotel where the staff...the entire staff...made such an effort to provide both professional and friendly service. The room, common areas and room where great, but the personalized service was unsurpassed. I had an exceptional experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Pak S
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was here just a few weeks ago and I was blown away by the level of service we received. The staff was incredible. Each time I needed something they went above and beyond to make sure I had what I needed. Not sure you could find a better place to stay in Siem Reap.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Adam V
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is,by far, the hotel with the best service I've ever experienced. They do not ever say no to any request. We came in very late so they also allowed us to check out late, though we had to move to another room at the resort. I never told them it was my birthday, But they found out anyway and surprised me with a cake brought in by four singing waiters. The mini bar was replenished daily free of charge. And everytime I came into the hotel, I was greeted with cold towels to freshen up and to beat the scorching heat.
Really, there is nothing bad to say about this hotel. Kudos to the manager, the staff and the chef for such a pleasant and memorable stay. Shinta mani redefined the meaning of service and all the rest pale in comparison to it.
Dinner at the restaurant is a must. Though the breakfast was absolutely delightful, the menu at night was just perfect. Prices are so reasonable for what you get.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jsmma
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We've stayed at a lot of hotels. This is a favorite now. The hotel's low and lovely, quiet and shady, near the old town center. The room was spacious and airy. When you return from an outing you're greeted at the curb with cold washcloths and water. Temple-trotting in Siem Reap made this a spescial blessing in the pre-monsoon heat we experienced. And everyone is so very nice! Considerate, respectful, and warm, they go out of their way to make you feel like they really care about you. I said that the bedside lamps were hard to read by; they sent up two small reading lights to attach to our books, which actually worked! We mentioned we were walking to a certain restaurant, and the lady up front, unasked, discovered it had moved, and beckoned a tuktuk to take us there. Its own restaurant is lovely, with an excellent and varied breakfast service as well as a fine dinner, etc. It was sad to say goodbye. You don't usually feel that way about a hotel.

Room Tip: Ours was upstairs overlooking the pool. It's beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan_Richmond
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We originally booked the Resort side of the hotel (just across the street). They upgraded us to a suite in the shinta Mani club side, which was very nice. However, we did enjoy the look and feel if the resort side pool. You get access to both sides when you stay. Every time you left or came to hotel they greeted you with a cold towel and bottle water. The staff was extremely helpful with organizing outings & events during our stay. We went to a local boxing match! Also took an helicopter ride over Angkor Wat both the hotel staff looked into and set up for us. If you can eat breakfast at the club on one do the big swings. It's great! The drinks were a little pricey at the hotel. The entire stay was wonderful!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Mary L
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed there last weekend and I have to say I was totally blown away with the quality of the property and the level of service we received over the course of our stay.

Booking was a breeze and organizing things prior to our arrival was even easier. Upon arrival we were immediately greeted with smiles and a very warm welcome.

Check in was fast and efficient and by the time we were brought up to our room our bags had already arrived.

The room was clean and spacious.

Breakfast.. oh how I wish we stayed longer.. free flow sparkling wine need I say more?

Throughout our stay the staff were always on hand: from always welcoming us with a cool hand towel to helping prepack our breakfast for our early morning excursion. I have nothing but good things to say about this place!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple