“Simply the best!”

Ranked #11 of 353 Hotels in Siem Reap
London, United Kingdom
“Simply the best!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

There's a reason why Shinta Mani is number 1. In fact, there are a lot of reasons.

Amazing service. A member of staff is never far away if you have a question, need a cold towel or a drink which were so welcoming after a hot day at the temples.

I was upgraded to the Club which was beautiful but you can use the facilities at the resort over the road too. A quiet lap pool, huge bedrooms and amazing tv and music facilities in the room. So quiet and tasty cookies provided at turndown. The bed was sooo comfortable!

Breakfast was quite simply the best I have had in SE Asia. A full buffet of pastries, fruit, cereals and local specialties plus a menu with cooked breakfast. I had the eggs benedict which was amazing (4 months in SE Asia and I've craved a bit of western food!)

The pool at the resort over the road is bigger and gets more sun if you want to top up your tan!

I ate at the hotel for the three nights I stayed here as I had an extra week in a different hotel in siem reap to explore the local restaurants. Not the cheapest but worth it.

The food was beautiful - both in the club and the resort. The staff are friendly and I had great chats with them whilst lounging on a swinging day bed in the club.

It's great that some of your hotel rate goes to the shinta mani foundation which supports the local community too.

Save up and stay here for a few nights. I wish I could have stayed here for my whole trip!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Angelfish1977

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (667)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Healesville, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was recommended to us by our travel agent who recently stayed there. There is the resort and the recently built Club over the road which we stayed at. You have use of facilities at both properties and club rooms are very spacious and extremely well fitted out. The quality of the food in all outlets is top notch but where this hotel shines is the staff. Never have I had such amazing service and such dedication from a team of friendly people led by very friendly and visible management. Easy to see why this hotel is no. 1 in Siem Reip

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Raymond R
Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We've stayed in hotels of all sorts all over the world. Up until this point, we thought staying in an overwater bungalow on a coral reef in French Polynesia couldn't be topped. We were so wrong. Shinta Mani Club takes services and comfort to a whole new level. All of the reviews are glowing so I'm going to include a few specific examples from our stay to convey how amazing this place is. I had forgotten to arrange transport from our hotel and we had been traveling SE Asia for weeks, so I really didn't feel like dealing with another price bargaining experience for a cab. 90 minutes before we were supposed to touch down in Siem Reap, I emailed the hotel requested a ride on the slim chance that they might receive, notice and respond to my message even though we were boarding our plane at that moment. As we exited the Siem Reap airport, Den was there with my name on his sign and took our bags. He was extremely courteous and explained that he was taking us to our new home. The people at Shinta Mani Club make a big deal about wanting it to feel like home, but there's simply no way for that to be the case, because NO ONE gets treated as well at their own home. We couldn't leave the property without them calling for transport and providing us with complimentary, cold bottles of water. When we'd return, they'd hand us jasmine scented, cool face clothes to wipe our hands and faces. When you'd go to the pool, only minutes would pass before someone would set down some complimentary, ice waters and fresh fruit. When I called to inquire as to a price sheet for the minibar (I was deciding between the local beer and an heineken), it was explained that it's all free-of-charge. WHAT? A free mini-bar? When was the last time you saw that? Same goes for the amazing breakfast options... buffet? A la carte? All included.
But this was probably the most mind-blowing part of the experience: We had a 11pm flight, so we had a tour arranged for the morning and afternoon and, therefore, needed to check out right after breakfast. This time of year is extraordinarily hot and humid and we were going to be climbing all over a rain forested area. The prospect of waiting around for hours for 30+ hours of travel after having sweat profusely for 5 straight hours was daunting. We asked the front desk to hold our bags and before we could come to a solution to the timing of everything, the front desk offered and arranged for our bags to be held in a room in their sister resort across the street where we would then be given access after our tour so that we may shower and rest until we'd head to the airport at 8pm that night. Again, a complimentary service. I'm still floored.
The rooms and hotel were elegantly appointed and it was still small enough to feel like the boutique hotel it is. The front desk organized reliable, timely tours for us down to our every request. We are still reeling. It was like living in a spa surrounded by the kindest people you'll ever meet. I've never actually felt sad to leave a hotel before. I don't think there are words to adequately explain how much more your trip will be enhanced by staying with the people at Shinta Mani Club.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank eklein5823
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have never stayed in a hotel where the staff...the entire staff...made such an effort to provide both professional and friendly service. The room, common areas and room where great, but the personalized service was unsurpassed. I had an exceptional experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Pak S
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was here just a few weeks ago and I was blown away by the level of service we received. The staff was incredible. Each time I needed something they went above and beyond to make sure I had what I needed. Not sure you could find a better place to stay in Siem Reap.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Adam V
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is,by far, the hotel with the best service I've ever experienced. They do not ever say no to any request. We came in very late so they also allowed us to check out late, though we had to move to another room at the resort. I never told them it was my birthday, But they found out anyway and surprised me with a cake brought in by four singing waiters. The mini bar was replenished daily free of charge. And everytime I came into the hotel, I was greeted with cold towels to freshen up and to beat the scorching heat.
Really, there is nothing bad to say about this hotel. Kudos to the manager, the staff and the chef for such a pleasant and memorable stay. Shinta mani redefined the meaning of service and all the rest pale in comparison to it.
Dinner at the restaurant is a must. Though the breakfast was absolutely delightful, the menu at night was just perfect. Prices are so reasonable for what you get.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank JSMMA
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We've stayed at a lot of hotels. This is a favorite now. The hotel's low and lovely, quiet and shady, near the old town center. The room was spacious and airy. When you return from an outing you're greeted at the curb with cold washcloths and water. Temple-trotting in Siem Reap made this a spescial blessing in the pre-monsoon heat we experienced. And everyone is so very nice! Considerate, respectful, and warm, they go out of their way to make you feel like they really care about you. I said that the bedside lamps were hard to read by; they sent up two small reading lights to attach to our books, which actually worked! We mentioned we were walking to a certain restaurant, and the lady up front, unasked, discovered it had moved, and beckoned a tuktuk to take us there. Its own restaurant is lovely, with an excellent and varied breakfast service as well as a fine dinner, etc. It was sad to say goodbye. You don't usually feel that way about a hotel.

Room Tip: Ours was upstairs overlooking the pool. It's beautiful.