“a lesson of hospitality”
Review of Shinta Mani Angkor

Shinta Mani Angkor
Ranked #15 of 372 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The best service we have seen anywhere around the world, extremely helpful not yet overwhelming staff, great suggestions for day-trips around Siem Reap, wonderful pool, bar, food. We have particularly appreciated one driver called "Tann" whom the hotel arranged for us, we would definitely recommend his services to any visitor. He speaks good English, knows the sites, is flexible on the program, takes you to good restaurants for lunch breaks, and is very professional overall.

2  Thank bihters
Write a ReviewReviews (3,138)

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We only spent a couple of days here but i would go back 100 more times. The staff are the nicest and friendly staff i have ever come across! The hotel was beautiful, very artistic. It gave us inspiration on decor back home ;)
The food was amazing! Breakfasts were the best we had through out our travels.A must try is the crumbed frogs legs! Taste like chicken!
Our room got us heaps excited to see Angkor Wat as there was a nice big photo of some of the engraving on the room above our bed.
The hotel also offers free Tuk Tuk's to town. We also booked all of our tours through the hotel. They hire locals that know the temples back to front! We were taken through the back entrance to many places to beat the crowds an get really nice photos! and trust me you want to avoid the crowds!

Room Tip: Stayed on highest floor over looking pool and street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrookeAH1990
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had the pleasure of spending 4 nights at Shinta Mani Club July 2014, an experience that needs to be repeated. We loved every part of the hotel, the welcoming cold towel was a refreshing, the staff sitting at bottom of stairs folding flowers, or the welcoming smile every morning at the delicious breakfast Buffett. But I feel that most of all it was their staff attitude that set them above all others, no hold on it was the decor too, very chic grey and dark timber work, no it was actually the cleanliness of the room, bedding and most comfortable pillows I've ever slept on. Well hard to say you have to experience it to believe it. I wish the Shinta Mani Family the best for future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This place is unreal. The property itself is very nice with fresh lotus flower arrangements laid out daily, and the included breakfast is phenomenal, but the service is what really sets it apart.

This hotel has among the best employees that I have encountered anywhere. They really went above and beyond to make sure we had an amazing stay. My sister and I received complimentary 10 minute massages by the pool. A few employees taught me how to fold the lotus flowers when I expressed interest, and they went out to pick some fresh ones from the garden for me to practice on. When we were checking out, we mentioned to the front desk employees how much we loved the scent in the property (jasmine in the fresh cold towels out front and peppermint in the entryway), and they had us wait for a minute while they went and filled some small bottles with the essential oils for us to take home.

Pricey compared to other Siem Reap options, but worth every penny.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank alexan_11
Reviewed 15 July 2014

On a first view, the hotel may come across as pricey for a hotel in Siem Reap but it is worth every cent if you share similar travelling habits as my partner and I. We stayed for four nights in the deluxe room and had the chance to experience, albeit briefly, the classic room on the day of our check out as well.

The cold towel upon arrival at the hotel (this is offered every single time we return to the hotel, even from a 30-minute trip to the vicinity) is always a nice touch, especially in Siem Reap's warm weather but what makes it better is the staff which attends to you whenever you return or leave the hotel. They are always checking on your well-being in a very non-intrusive way. Special mention goes out to Vannak and Den who attended to us most of the time during our stay. Very very helpful and attentive staff who really go out of the way to provide very useful suggestion and assistance during our stay. There was a time when my partner and I wanted to rent a particular dvd from the hotel to watch but they did not have it in their list - the staff actually went out to attempt to purchase the dvd!

The rooms are very tastefully done and even though the entire feel is a cozy room, the layout allows you ample space to move about. The shower area of the deluxe room is HUGE and that's always a plus point. It's really a haven for us whenever we wish to return to rest after a long day visiting the temples.

The hotel is located in a convenient area too. It's within walking distance to Pub Street (about 15 minutes though) although we did take tuk-tuk most of the time as the walking street pavements aren't exactly very well-maintained. the vicinity of the hotel feels really safe as the hotel is just located opposite Shinta Mani Resort, which is run by the same management and so it feels kind of there are Shinta Mani staff along a good part of the street.

We only tried the breakfast and did not try any other food but in terms of the breakfast, my partner and I thought the Asian selection was a way better choice than the Western selection. The buffet selection is small but sufficient.

A minor downside would be the non-provision of complimentary airport transfer (which my partner and i read to be offered by quite a few of the other hotels). We checked with the hotel staff regarding this policy and was told that other hotels offer complimentary airport transfer usually due to their policy of allowing their drivers the chance to follow-up with the possibility of securing private transport bookings (for visiting the temples and such) and this is not a practice advocated by SMC. I'm ok with the policy but some visitors might find that a turn-off I suppose.

On the day of check-out, we requested for a late check-out but it was not possible due to an incoming occupant. Nevertheless, the hotel graciously extended a classic room for my partner and I to rest before departing for the airport. Nice touch there too!

I will definitely return and I highly recommend it.

TIP: As there is no complimentary airport transfer, secure your transport from the hotel to the airport in advance as it is quite costly to utilize the hotel's transport and it is rather difficult to find sedan transport to the airport along the streets of Siem Reap.

2  Thank ChunPin Y
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Shinta Mina hotel 5 nights and we enjoyed every minutes of it! The hotel is really beautiful, a lot of different decorations, the food at the restaurant was really good.

I'm very happy with this hotel, the staff were very nice, helpful, kind, I would also say excellent service!!

When we need something, they'll always be there for you (service)

The drinks at the bar, nothing to say.. Good.

Spa... Was okay, but something was missing.

The breakfast, really good, there's a lot of different choices : got the buffet, if not, you can still order on the menu.

The bed is really comfortable..

The hotel is not far from the old market, and other things! That's a really good news.

I definitely recommend you this beautiful and nice hotel!
You won't regret it.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank fashiontexas
Reviewed 14 July 2014

stayed 3 nights in this unusally decorated hotel and found the service to be 6star.From cool towels every time you return to packed breakfast to enjoy at Ankor Wat, the staff excelled at every opportunity.Make sure you have breakfast on the swing across the road at the sister property.

1  Thank gary184