“Best Hotel I have ever been to”
Review of Shinta Mani Angkor

Shinta Mani Angkor
Ranked #14 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I felt like royalty and was treated as such. Lovely place, lovely staff they couldn't do enough for you. Spent a lot of time in the pool even ordering our lunch to eat poolside.
Staying at Shinta Marni is an experienced in itself. Totally recommend it.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed at the Shinta Mani Club with friends in August 2014. From the moment we arrived the staff could not do enough for us. They were wonderful. The rooms, food and drinks were great. The flower decoration just added to the peaceful feeling of the hotel. Happy hour was a great addition for lovely cocktails. Your are a wonderful example of the Cambodian people and no one could resist returning to this wonderful place. Or Kun (Thank You) to all at the Shinta Mani Club.
The hotel organised our tour to Angkor Wat and our guide was great. We were just 6 persons with our own transport and guide. Great way to see the temples. They were on my bucket list.
Thank you for making our visit so special.

Room Tip: Deluxe room looking over the pool. Room 213 and 214 were fabulous.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BrisbaneFloss
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

I wish there was more than "excellent" on trip advisor. Our hotel experience here was fantastic, by far the best in Southeast Asia. Everyone in the staff was beyond friendly. Everyone from the front desk to the tuk tuk drivers were beyond friendly, always smiling and going out of their way to talk to us and ask about our day.

Breakfast was included, as was everything in the mini bar (a first for all of us). The food at the restaurants was really good and very recently priced. The hotel has a happy hour from 5-7 which is 2 for 1 drinks. I highly recommend the open heart, it's delicious. We went everyday.

The pools were amazing, the spa services were superb, and the rooms were impeccable.

I cannot emphasize how friendly and helpful the staff was. Many members of the staff came over to talk to us everyday just to check in. They made arrangements for us, everything from tuk tuk drivers (5$3 hotel has their own fleet) to dinner reservations, really anything we needed.

If we are ever in siem reap again we will absolutely stay here again and recommend it to anyone that goes. We were truly sad to leave.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Malgorzata S
Reviewed 26 August 2014

To start, for anyone who is on the fence about visiting Cambodia, I hope this review helps push you over the edge to experience one of the best trips of my life! I'll save the cultural beauty and historical resilience of the country for another post- this will strictly be about the staff and hotel experience at the Shinta Mani. I have had the opportunity to travel to many different countries and have never met people (Cambodian's in general) but more specifically a staff that has been more hospitable and warm as their staff. Each and every day, the staff greeting our party with a smile on their face and an overall helpfulness I have yet to experience in my travels. After a long day of sightseeing, returning to the hotel, to be welcomed with the same smiles and cold, jasmine-infused wash cloths was a definite plus! The boutique hotel gives it a very intimate atmosphere. Walking through the corridor with the a peppermint, lemongrass scent added to the tranquility of the atmosphere.
The staff always made it a point to be as helpful as possible; my sister admired a necklace that Renee (not sure here official title- maybe hotel manager) was wearing, and she made it a point to write down where she had purchased it, along with calling the store and letting them know to set aside the same necklace so my sister could purchase it without the possibility of it already being gone. Along the same lines, another staff member walked to and from the hotel with my sister to the shop, ensuring she would not get lost and ensuring she was satisfied with her purchase. Suffice it to say, the staff were an amazing group of individuals, managed by wonderful people.
Recommending great eateries, making sure that tuk-tuks knew exactly where to take us, and in general making our stay as enjoyable as possible the staff did and I cannot praise them enough. I am definitely looking forward to going back to Cambodia, but even more so my next stay at the Shinta Mani!

3  Thank Sean J
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Shinta Mani Club for his first visit to Siem Reap and I fell in love with not just the decor and ambience, but also the staff. I spent a number of hours by the pool bar, Bensley's happy hour and the lovely rocking dining swings and was charmed by all staff members. Each greeting was followed by inquisitive questions displaying an impeccable memory of what I had mentioned in early conversations or observations of what I enjoyed to eat or drink. Their investment in their team really shows. I cannot wait to join them for their weekly markets supporting local craftspeople and artists.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed at the Shinta Mani Club with a group of friends in August 2014. From the outset we were extremely impressed with the welcome and check in process, the initial impression of the staff was outstanding the level of service, friendliness and interaction of the staff was exemplary throughout our stay. The room was beautiful, clean, fresh and relaxing and well set out with lots of room, Wi-Fi worked well and the shower was huge!! The experience continued to be positive when we dined in the restaurant, frequented the bar and sat around the pool bar, food was great as well as the drinks with plenty of choice and reasonably priced. The flower arrangements placed around the Hotel and in the rooms were exquisite and all crafted in house by some very talented floral artists.
We always felt welcome and acknowledged and were warmly met when returning from various excursions with jasmine scented refresher towels. The Hotel organised our tour to Angkor Wat which included a breakfast box each, the tour guide and driver were again excellent and added to our overall impressive experience. We have stayed and many Hotels throughout Asia over the years and would rate this as the best, can't wait to return in the near future. Well done Shinta Mani Club you should be proud of your efforts and outstanding contribution to Cambodian tourism.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sanchia M
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed at the Shinta Mani for 4 days in August 2014. The total experience we had here can only be described as amazing. The staff were kind, caring and always extremely helpful. Restaurant, room service, pool and spa facilities were first class. Anything you wanted they were willing to accommodate you with. Champagne with breakfast was a classic touch. Very happy with our visit and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms by the lap pool are great.