“Best Decision I've Made”
Review of Royal Empire Hotel

Royal Empire Hotel
Ranked #147 of 357 Hotels in Siem Reap
Los Angeles, California
“Best Decision I've Made”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The first time I came around to Cambodia, my best friend and I decided to be cheap and stay at a cheap hostel. It was a bad experience! Second time around this country again, we decided to finally go for a nice hotel and so we chose this hotel. Let's just say, best decision EVER. Breakfast was free, dinner at the hotel was delicious, the air conditioning in the room made the harsh weather feel like nothing, wifi was free, and the pool was fun. In terms of distance, it wasn't too far from the main touristy areas of siem reap either. My best friend had amazing guest service by someone named Sokkol. Next time we come back to Siem Reap, we're definitely going to stay at this place again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Seremban, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The staff especially Mr.Sukkol was very helpful and gave us assistance and showed warm Cambodian hospitality throughout our stay this hotel.This hotel is very nice and comfortable .The room we stayed in was spacious and cosy.It is a pity we did not have time to have a dip in the swimming pool as we went on a private tour arranged by the hotel.We were treated like royalty by the private chauffeur and tour guide. We would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and family. As the pleasant stay at the hotel and lovely Cambodian heritage sites made our vacation a memorable one.
From
Mr & Mrs Hooi

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Manila
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I meticulously planned my trip to Siem Reap as early as January this year knowing that my good friend from Singapore would be joining me. We discussed a lot about our itinerary; our day to day adventure in Siem Reap and he asked me to book a hotel that would represent and have a bird's eye view of Cambodia. While browsing the Agoda site, i was impressed of the interior of the Royal Empire Hotel, its magnificent wooden posts, the hard and enormous furnitures that really look so costly. Voila! My great friend was satisfied and so impressed too.

I commend the staff of ROYAL EMPIRE HOTEL, they are very efficient especially Sokkol Thun and the ladies at the front desk.

The waiters and staff at the restaurant.... The most delicious rice noodles that made me sweat (my personal sign of superb taste)

Hope to be back in Siem Reap next time and i will stay again at Royal Empire Hotel. I hope the quality of service that i experienced will still be the same or even better.

Thanks Royal Empire Hotel for my wonderful stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bongtaller
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

First there was a mix up with my airport pick up, but the hotel more than made up for it. On check in I was handled by Sokkol, a very charming Cambodian guest relations officer of the hotel. He is a university student who works at the desk for a day job. My friend and I wr upgraded to a premium room, one step ubove deluxe, with a balcony overlooking the pool. Thrown in as well was a free 30min massage for 2. The daily breakfast was a wide variety of food and the best that stuck to mind was the noodle soup I perspired buckets eating because it's the best spicy filler I ever had for breakfast. Had it everyday. The staff are pillar of why this hotel is great. They're comparable to the Borei Angkor I later stayed it near the end of my travel in siem reap, and Borei is one of Siem Reap's best 5 stars. At Royal Empire, my gratitude shall go to Sokkol Thun for making our stay wonderful and personal. On his day off he even accompanied me to a countryside bike tour. He got sunburned and he was happy that he wasn't alone burning. For those looking for 4 star accommodations in Siem Reap, this hotel should be it. By the way, the hotel interior is the best authentic Cambodian designs you will see in a hotel. And the staff are nice across the board no exceptions. The whole siem reap is composed of the nicest people in the planet.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Roland A
Batangas Province, Philippines
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We didn't expect that we'll be making friends in visiting Cambodia through this hotel. Sokkol Thun and Phillip Yen welcomed us as if we've known them for some time. They are very accommodating. They let us feel like we were home. The rooms are spacious and we really couldn't ask for more. The buffet breakfast was included on our booking and the foods were great! They even packed a breakfast for our group when we visited Angkor Wat. If I'll be back in Cambodia, I'll surely stay on this place again. Keep it up!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Coimbatore, India
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I would say one of the best hotels I have stayed. We were 30 in all. The room was big and spacious with the usual complimentary water bottles, tea/coffee, bathrobes and flip flops. Enough wooden cupboards to stack your belongings. A large French window leads to the balcony which is overseeing the swimming pool. The big swimming pool is free for the lodgers. It is open until 10 pm. They provide complimentary spa for half an hour. The room has wooden flooring. The bathroom is also huge with a bathtub and a separate shower area with the necessary accessories. The buffet breakfast was awesome. With so many varieties of food served, I was just browsing in order to have a taste of everything. The egg counter is worth mentioning. One of my best stays.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a higher floor for the view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

A welcoming staff with a little hiccup at the beginning. They do pick up from the bus station but received a mix instruction from my friend and I who were traveling separately. When I arrived there, Sokkol was apologetic and tried to impress. He send me personally to my room and even dropped us at the airport.
Our room overlooked the pool which was beautiful. We enjoyed a nice 30 minutes complimentary massage. The only downside was the poor wifi connection and power trips in the evening. Would appreciate a pre-warning or maybe provide a torchlight in the room perhaps?
All in all it was a welcoming experience, a really nice and clean place to be coming back to after a whole day of temple-visiting.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends