“This is not a good but excellent hotel”
Review of Royal Empire Hotel

Royal Empire Hotel
Ranked #170 of 384 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I and my friends stay in Royal Empire hotel in June and it was my amazing stay in there. Exhausted from visiting the temple and it was hot while we were outside the hotel but when we arrived back, Sokkol was there waiting us in the front to welcome us back and offered cool towels and welcome drink as we were surprised for that. We thought oh wonderful time and relax. The pool was fresh with clean salt water and the decoration in the room was ok with the good view of the room we were in and the pillow was really soft but they didn't the smaller one; however just the hotel doesn't have. Sokkol tried to apology us about that and he would talk about this to the manager. The lobby was huge. OH about the staff in the hotel are so friendly so nice smile all the time. MY god many more things I would like to say but experience yourself with this excellent hotel!!!!!!!!

Miss you Sokkol. Hope you remember us,

Bruno Jess....

Room Tip: A room with balcony at the top floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jess B

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We travel for work and pleasure, I have to say that this is one of the best hotels that we have stayed at in the past year. I would put this on the same level as a Marriott, etc. From the moment we walked in to the moment we left, we were impressed. The price was amazing, due to off-season. We stayed 3 nights, were upgraded to a better room, and provided a free dinner (the food was 5 star quality). We are vegetarian, so the chef made a special meal just for us. The infinity pool is great, the service even better.

Nice, big, quiet rooms, great view over pool. Oh and did I mention the 5-piece master bath... AMAZING.

Would highly recommend this place to anyone from business travelers to families. You will not be disappointed. This is Cambodian hospitality at it's best. Also do not hesitate to book your tours with them, we found the prices even better than on the street.

Thank you again for a spectacular stay.

Room Tip: Look for promotions, we stayed 3 nights and received amazing perks.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2014

A very positive experience especially as I stayed 4 nights. After day 1 it was as if I had been a long term guest. Nice big room, good pool, very friendly and helpful staff especially the young manager. The tuk tuk drivers out the front were great as well. Very helpful and I used number 8 for two days. He even told me I was giving him too much on the second day. We had agreed a price but he was so helpful that I gave him a bigger tip than I would have normally. The tuk tuk drivers pay for the privilege of being associated with the hotel. I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: I had a room which faced the street and that was not an issue.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at the Royal Empire Hotel for 3 nights and had an excellent time! The staff was thoughtful, friendly, and helpful with all our requests. The first night we had trouble with the air conditioner, but the next day when we mentioned it they fixed it quickly. The customer service rep was fantastic and always asked us about our day, our trips to the temples, and our stay at the hotel. We hired a car for two days (including one sunrise at Angkor Wat with breakfasts packed for us!) and were provided with bottled water and cool towels throughout the day.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I can't wait to say something about this hotel because all the time of the beginning to the end is excellent. First, airport pick up with Lexus, by a well performance driver with an informative and Sokkol, Guest relation. I can't forget this great experience at all.

Check in was very quick only 5 minutes and the most important is I was offered to check in very early in the morning at 8:30AM. The pool is so fresh and cool. All the time I came back from the temple, ask the staff and mention to Sokkol were waiting for us all the time offered cold towel, welcome drink so fresh. The room is cleaned and huge and breakfast is fantastic.

Transfer from the hotel to airport was free too. Sokkol also accompanied us back. Miss you. Who doesn't want to stay in this charming and wonderful hotel!!! I love you Royal Empire Hotel

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 8 August 2014

From the pick up from the air port by a great smile and clear information from the GRO, Sokkol. He has a great communication skill that everyone can't be as him. Cool towels and welcome drink are offered not only the time I and my wife checked in but all the time you are back from everywhere outside the hotel or even you are in the hotel. Sokkol surely ask you how may I assist you please( cool towels, welcome drink, information related to this place)? Your stay must be perfect here, I am sure for the next tourists.

Great and amazing staff everywhere in the hotel, they smile to you all the time especially their words are so polite. The pool is more than what I expected with the very fresh and cleaned water. The room has flowers good smell everywhere in the room included the bathroom too. the breakfast buffet include with the room rate was amazing, many kinds of food you could select.
Oh my god what else I can say about this marvelous hotel!!!!!!!! Go go go go go Royal Empire hotel, definitely stay here here here again.

Room Tip: The room 137 is very good for the view with huge and beautiful pool and fresh air blow into your roo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I was really impressed when I reached the siem-reap airport, because nice looking guy was waiting for my family. He was Sokkol Thun, staff of the hotel. His english was very good, so I had no problem about communicating. Also, he helped me to make a plan how to visit diverse places such as Angkor watt. Thanks to him, my family was able to enjoy the trip. Hotel's meal was wonderful. There were various foods and fruits, kind staffs. Room was larger than other hotels. Near the hotel, there was a market where I was able to buy many dishes and fruits such as mango, durian and so on. In the hotel. there was swimming pool. I spent a lot of time swimming. Water was really clear and pool was big enough. In my opinion, there are few, nearly few hotels better then Royal Emprie Hotel. I am sure this hotel is nearly best hotel in siem-reap.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family