“Gorgeous Rooms, Exceptional Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Areca Angkor Boutique

Areca Angkor Boutique
Ranked #39 of 499 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Changwon, South Korea
“Gorgeous Rooms, Exceptional Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed for three nights and had a wonderful stay. The staff went out of their way to help us, including making us a free take-out breakfast at 4 am so that we had something to eat before we headed to Angkor Wat at sunrise. The hotel is a bit away from the center of town and isn't well known among the tuk tuk drivers yet, but they offer a free ride into town each day of your stay and Siem Reap is small enough that a tuk tuk back to the hotel is only about $3. The hotel also offers tours of Angkor Historical Park for reasonable rates. Our room was really large and absolutely pristine. I definitely recommend Areca!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Andalusia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I'm reluctant to rave about this place because then next time I want to book to stay there they won't be able to fit me in! However, after arriving in Siem Reap at 3 am and being taken to my booked hotel which not only didn't have my booking but were full and I then slept in 2 different hotels I stumbled accidentally across the Areca Angkor. And it was like entering paradise after what I'd been through. The entire place is run at a very professional level with Mr Pon at it's head and the staff follow his lead. I spent 4 nights here and I would return in a flash. It is only about 7 mins by tuk tuk from town, in fact, I walked it a couple of times.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank GladPapillon
China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

We got to this place unexpectedly since we had booked at Kiri Boutique Hotel but it was full. What a great place! Mr Pon is very professional and makes everything to help you. Same for all the staff, amazing people.The room was spacious and clean, wifi working very good. We definitely enjoyed our stay at Areca!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank fairylotus
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

This place is a little way out but it's worth staying here!
Free airport pickup; one free tuk tuk ride everyday and it is only $2 back from the old market.
The staff can't do enough for you; coffee refills; cold towels; help room problems.
Wifi is good and you can get it in your room. There are also two computers to use.
The food is also excellent and reasonably priced if you just want to hang around the pool all day!

• Stayed January 2014
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

The hotel is a great find. The rooms and grounds are beautiful and the swimming pool is awesome. The rooms are very comfortable and decorated nicely. The breakfast was delicious. We ate many other meals at the restaurant and they were very good and a good value. The beers are serve with delicious freshly mad peanuts and lemongrass. I wish I had the recipe. Also, the location is nice. It is a quick and cheap ride in a tuc tuc to town ($2.). The hotel even offers one free tuc tuc ride. I also had a massage that was very nice. Free pick up from the airport. The best thing about this hotel is the great staff. Everyone is so nice and will help you with anything. It is well run by an excellent and friendly manager. They can also book tours and transportation with excellent and professional people. If you are looking around for a room stop here. You will be extremely happy with the Areca Angkor Boutique Hotel. I would go back here if I ever return to Seim Reap.

Room Tip: The rooms on the bottom near the pool are great.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

This place is amazing! 30$ a night we keep extending our stay and we're still here.
The staff are sooo cute, we want to take them home with us!
They proper gave us a tour around the hotel, showed us where everything was..
free tuk tuks to the town (it's a bit out the way) but it only cost 2$ to get back but most of the time tuk tuk drivers won't know where it is so make sure you grab a card from the reception.
I can't get over how friendly they are here.
We had free 30 min massages, free pick up and also my bf is ill and they've given him free porridge.

We decided not to use their company from siem reap to bangkok because we've heard bad things about it and booked with NATTAKAN (new direct bus service).
One bad thing was the food, I ordered room service and they somehow messed up my whole order despite me repeating it to them 3 times but they were happy to correct it.

Fresh towels everyday.
Beds made for you every time you leave your room (bit weird).
DVDs about Ankor Wat and a movie too.
4 free bottles of water every day
good wifi
Hot water shower
Little walk in wardrobe
Clean but COLD pool
Well decorated

Laundry service was double the price of what you would normally find everywhere else in Cambodia and Vietnam. 2$ per KG.

I'm now struggling to find a place in Bangkok cause I'm comparing all the places to this hotel! Cheap and amazing!
Can't stop raving about this place!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Beautiful rooms and staff! The staff we the most wonderful team of people you could ask for. They were very helpful and happy to go the extra mile for anything. They booked our transportation down South and our day at Angkor Wat so we didn't have to worry about doing anything. Very quiet and only a short complimentary tuk tuk ride to the hustle of pub street. Warm shower and refreshing clean pool. Will be back next time we are in Siem Reap.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple