“A really great place to stay!”
Review of Champey Villa

Champey Villa
Ranked #224 of 353 Hotels in Siem Reap
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“A really great place to stay!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I spent 2 weeks there and the place was amazing. The beds were comfortable and everything was clean.
The staff were so friendly! We could get tuktuks whenever we wanted and we could get bikes for free.
You can even get breakfast in the morning on the roof of the hotel or some snack in the coffee shop.
Will definitely come back next time! Lovely place!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Sophea887

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I came to Siem Reap for vacation and I was searching for an hotel. My friend told me to go there because he've been and he really liked.

The rooms are clean and there's enough place. It's quiet, not much noise. Their free Wi-Fi is quite fast. Excellent service. They are really nice and friendly. They're always there to help you. The price is quite good for what we have.

I recommend you this place if you're searching for an hotel not to expensive with good service and rooms. I really enjoyed my holidays. I'll come back for sure.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank p167
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We checked in here as it had availability on Agoda and was walking distance to pub street - about ten minutes.
The place seemed fine when we checked in - staff friendly, room appeared clean enough however when we returned from dinner we found one of the beds had blood on the bottom sheet (under the top sheet you actually sleep on) which could be seen through the top sheet. One of the pillow cases had black mould on the underside.
In the morning I had several bites which I later discovered were bed bugs. Putting aside the physical discomfort, it cost a fortune to de-bug and basically ruined a week of our trip spent camping out in the laundromat and dry cleaners.
Very disappointed in this place as it was twice what we paid elsewhere for much cleaner and non-buggy accommodation! Avoid!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank TastyTravellers
Raksmey P, Owner at Champey Villa, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
I’m very sorry that you’ve left this review my hotel and I’d like to point out a few things. First of all, we never had any complaint at the time when you claimed to have stayed in our hotel. If you did indeed have the problems that you have written here, I would have thought that you would have told us at the time. Secondly, we’ve never had any other complaints regarding bed bugs and this review is the first that we’ve heard about it.

Since reading this review I have personally had all the rooms checked and again we’ve found no evidence of bed bugs. I ensured that every single piece of bed linen was checked and we found no traces of blood on any of them.

The rooms are cleaned daily and the bed sheets are regularly washed in hot water and left in the sun to dry. Once a month, we remove the mattresses from the rooms and beat them in the sun to ensure that they are 100% clean for our customers.

I pride myself on having a friendly and clean environment and I’m disappointed that you didn’t speak to a member of my staff or myself at the time.

Did you check out immediately after this issue? We have no record of a couple staying for just one night? Moreover, if you stayed for a week, we also have no record of a couple staying for that length of time. Please could you contact us so that we can confirm your booking and make further investigations for you.

Finally, our prices are very competitive. We are not a guesthouse and don’t charge guesthouse prices. We are a small hotel and have very reasonable room rates throughout the year. This is one of the reasons we have many satisfied customers.
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

This place is awesome! The owners and staff are lovely and will go out of there way to make you enjoy your stay. The rooms are very nice and clean. It was so nice staying here and when I come back I will go straight here. The price is very cheap for the quality of accommodation and service you are getting. Thank you so much!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I spent my weekend there with friends. The owner and staffs are very friendly and helpul for everything. The room is nice and clean. I will definitely recommend everyone to stay here if you are traveling to Siem Reap!

• Stayed January 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We enjoyed our week long stay very much. Everyone was soooo friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We had tuk tuks waiting for us at the airport after several emails due to flight changes. Free laundry was convenient, but don't send anything good or white :) Free push bikes were great - we did quite a bit of cycling.
The only disappointment were the issues with hot water. The owner, Mr Seng, assured us that he was replacing the current system, but unfortunately not in time for us. He did make an effort to fix for us.
Beds were hard, but this is typical for Se Asia. Air con worked a treat. Rooms were serviced daily (with a smile)
The restaurant is being built, as is the room on the top level for breakfast. As appears typical for Cambodia, nothing happens quickly
Overall this place was excellent value for money and we had a most enjoyable stay. If not for the hot water issues, I would have rated it excellent.
We will be back Mr Seng

Room Tip: Rooms at the front if the hotel get street noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Annandale, Virginia
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

I made a few trips to Siem Reap for my vacation. My six days stays here were great. Great staff and services. Quiet location. Great for couple and business travelers. Transportation was provided for pick up from bus terminals. You can buy bus ticket right here. The rooms are large with clean towels, hot/cold water, very clean bathroom, new furniture, cable, snacks coffee available in room. Free laundry service. I definitely recommend this place for your stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple